| ||關於an overview of Gauss rifle models in the Fallout series of games，參見Gauss rifle。|
YCS/186是特殊版本的高斯步枪。枪看起來和普通版一样，但它的枪管和枪身看上去就像经历了很多风沙和锈蚀，木制的枪托上有一些黑色的条纹，瞄准镜的镜头涂成了诡异的红色。枪的长度和普通版一样，但枪管上多了四条线圈，这也就不难理解它为什么会有更高的威力——以及稍高一些的重量。它每射击一次消耗4发电池，比普通版的5发略微节省一些，其精度比普通版略有提升and has 20 more item HP than the standard variety. Its only drawback over the base model is a slightly increased weight, at 8 pounds instead of 7.
Like the standard Gauss rifle, 比起反器材步枪，它的威力更胜一筹，而且对肢体造成的伤害也更高, it tends to cripple limbs on a direct hit, providing it does not kill the enemy immediately.装填满充电池，它的基础伤害将提升到210点；若是把所有的相关特技都点上，还可以进一步达到247.8。
- The Faderator, a cut content Gauss rifle from every add-on, excluding Courier's Stash. This weapon is fully automatic and deals 20,160 damage per second (DPS).
The YCS/186 Gauss rifle is found at the mercenary camp east of Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch. A hostile mercenary with reinforced combat armor or reinforced combat armor mark 2 is carrying this weapon and will attack the player character on sight.
- Like the Gauss rifle, the magnification is 3.5x for the scope of this weapon.
- Companions may pick up this weapon without the player noticing. Check companion inventories if the weapon cannot be found after assaulting the mercenary camp.
- The mercenaries may not be hostile when you approach them. Killing them to loot the YCS/186 results in no gain or loss of karma.
- A single shot in Hardcore mode will use 0.4 pounds of ammunition, costing at a combined value of 12 caps per shot.
- Because the YCS/186 uses 4 microfusion cells per blast (which only accounts the fact that you fire once), it's only possible to get 1 empty microfusion cell from firing the Rifle, the same with all energy weapons that uses more than 1 cell per shot.
- It is not possible to obtain if you change your traits at the Sink Auto-Doc in Old World Blues, if you have already retrieved the alien blaster. This only applies if you have the Wild Wasteland trait.
- The DMG points, and the DPS of the weapon can vary greatly depending on the player character's Energy Weapons skill, the type of ammunition used, and perks taken.
Behind the scenes编辑
The YCS/186 is a reference to the now-defunct "Your Console Sucks" section of the The Something Awful Forums. Additionally, 186 was the forum ID number of YCS.
- Pip-Boy's displayed damage per second (DPS) for the gun doesn't account for the need to reload every shot, unlike other single shot weapons such as the missile launcher. This is due to the game mechanics not taking into consideration the weapon's use of more than 1 microfusion cell per shot. [已核实] The
- deathclaws.[已核实] Extremely rarely a projectile is fired, but no hit is detected although the projectile can clearly be seen to travel through the target. On the Xbox 360, this occurs primarily at long-range and most frequently against
- In very rare circumstances the projectile will not fire at all, but still depletes the loaded ammunition. Possibly similar to the aforementioned bug. [已核实]
- An incorrect normal map texture is specified for this weapon when it is equipped by the player, resulting in highly irregular shading across the weapon. Additionally, the weapon uses lower-resolution textures than most other weapons found in the game. [已核实]
- Meltdown does not exacerbate this problem, but somewhat remedies it by changing the trajectory of the corpse or causing the impact force of the shot to dissipate when the energy explosion occurs. [已核实] The impact power of the gun is very high, resulting in the enemies being knocked through solid objects and into the terrain or through the game world (falling beneath it) making retrieval of their bodies and any goods impossible. Surprisingly,
- Arcade Gannon) it may disappear from their inventory and they will not have it equipped either. [已核实] Sometimes if given to a companion (i.e.
- The weapon may become stuck at maximum condition. Even using max charge ammunition won't reduce the weapon's condition. [已核实]
- The weapon may stay scoped in the center of the screen after scoping. [已核实]
- damage threshold, critical hits, or sneak attack criticals. This means, that with an Energy Weapons skill of 100, the Gauss rifle shot will do 114.29 points of damage with every V.A.T.S. shot. This is still lower than free aiming, and no bonuses are applied to head shots. The damage bug is related to the Gauss rifle projectile's "explosive" effect: the projectile is the only hitscan projectile that is also marked as explosive, which affects its V.A.T.S. damage calculations. [已核实]
The Gauss rifle in Fallout: New Vegas is almost identical to the one found in Fallout 3, and thus suffers from similar bugs, including the one that affects its damage output when fired via V.A.T.S. When used in V.A.T.S., any hit will do exactly 95.244% of the maximum damage, regardless of enemy
- The displacer glove, which applies a similar visual effect on impact, is not affected by this bug, as it is not marked as explosive.
| || |