|關於an overview of plasma rifles in the various Fallout games，參見plasma rifle。|
There are numerous differences between this weapon and the standard variant in terms of combat capability:
- Plasma bolts have much higher velocity.
- Degrades slower.
- 50% extra damage per second (DPS).
- Uses 2 Less AP in V.A.T.S.
- Weighs 1 pound less than the standard variant.
无法加装配件。However, its projectile velocity is similar to that of its standard variant with the magnetic accelerator modification.和普通版的灰色外表不同，它涂成了偏暗的红黑色——而诡异的是，被装到枪上的电池也会变成和枪身一样的红黑色。This causes the cells to appear similar to electron charge packs.
它可以发射1245发标准电池，the equivalent of 104 reloads, from full condition before breaking. Despite being considered "unsuitable for prolonged field use," it has the second highest item HP of all the rifle type energy weapons (the laser RCW having the highest), at 250 HP; more than triple the durability of a standard plasma rifle (which has 75 HP). Template:Durability table
- Plasma rifle - The common variant found in the Mojave Wasteland.
- Van Graff plasma rifle - A special variant given by the Van Graffs during the quest Birds of a Feather.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Q-35 matter modulator||40||96||2.4||x2||62||28||1.4||0.2||12||1245||7||3000||428.6||25||2|
|Van Graff plasma rifle||32||44.8||1.4||x2||32||30||1.1||0.2||24(12)||370||8||1300||162.5||0||3|
- While advancing through the building's floors, mobile facial scanner robots will constantly ask for identification. Failing to provide valid identification within 30 seconds will cause them to alert sentry bots to the intrusion. The facial scanners can be destroyed stealthily or before the 30-second mark ends. This can also be prevented by having a keycard (which the facial scanners will recognize in the second floor), or by adding the Courier's face to the facial database in that particular floor.
- When viewed in first person, the plasma arcs in the ampoules on the side may not be visible, and often not in third person when at certain angles.
Behind the scenes
The name is a reference to the fictitious "Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator" (sometimes "PU-36 Space Modulator" or "Uranium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator"), a weapon that is always unsuccessfully deployed by the Warner Brothers' cartoon character Marvin the Martian in efforts to destroy planet Earth.
- Has platform::Xbox 360 If picked up, the gun could cause problems when loading a game. When loading it, the console reads "cannot open file because there are some mods that cannot be held." There is no known fix. [已核实]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 The gun may be wedged in the wall, making it difficult to retrieve. Go up against the wall in third person, aim at the ground and grab the gun. Another option is to use C-4 to move the gun until it can be picked up. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Often, the gun will not be found floating in the middle of the capsule as shown in the images below. It will be on the floor beside the container. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Sometimes the gun will appear stuck in the bottom of the container, making it difficult to get. Leaving the building then rentering may fix this. [已核实]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 If the weapon is dropped, it may become invisible, making it hard to find. The "Pick up" text will still be visible, however. [已核实]