| ||關於the wendigo encountered during One Violent Night，參見The Nightstalker。|
|“||Nightstalkers are fearsome nocturnal predators created by splicing together coyote and rattlesnake DNA.||”|
战前包若思博士认为美国西部响尾蛇已经濒临灭绝，为了让响尾蛇的基因得以延续，他在大山脉科研基地用郊狼和响尾蛇的基因混合制作了这种怪物（地点为Z-9克罗塔勒斯DNA保存实验室）。根据博士不清晰的记忆，他还认为夜枭成为今天的模样与卡利斯博士在X-13实验室的冒险行为有关。亚当菲吉斯博士认为X-8运输部门员工有能力应对突发事件，因此他以观察为目的将夜枭释放到了X-8 to study their behavior. ，结果夜枭袭击了X-8研究中心的船运部门，并杀死了除斯基皮以外的所有员工。大战爆发让大山脉科研中心秩序崩溃，所有实验室全部失控，夜枭得以从实验室中逃脱，一部分夜枭盘踞在大山脉中生存，其他则冲向莫哈维废土and beyond, with some even reaching as far as Baja. Night stalkers occasionally clash with cazadores (which were also created at Big MT) over territory.
|“||You may know me as the Head Chief First Researcher of Labs Z-9 and Z-14. There I fought valiantly to preserve rattlesnake DNA, and put it right where it belongs, in the husk of another feared predator. Oh, and the tarantula hawk. Can't splice enough, I always say, Especially if you can make a magnificent Cazador!||”|
Nightstalkers are an amalgamation of the coyote and rattlesnake, 继承了两种生物的characteristics. 它们像普通的郊狼一样叫嚷但是发出的却是响尾蛇的嘶嘶声。They growl, howl and whimper like regular coyotes, but hiss, rattle and inject venom into their prey like rattlesnakes. Their bodies are mostly dog-like, covered in a combination of fur and scales. Their heads and tails, however, are more like that of a rattlesnake, including fangs and a forked tongue. ，它们的左眼为黄色呈椭圆形与响尾蛇类似，右眼则呈蓝色圆形与郊狼类似。它们栖息在洞穴中集体饲养幼崽，但同时它们与响尾蛇一样是卵生动物。
Night stalkers nest in caves across the Mojave Wasteland and can be found both inside the cave or in the nearby area. Packs of night stalkers can be frequently seen hunting at night east of Morning Star cavern near the nest with the radscorpion queen, south of the broc flower cave and northwest of the cap counterfeiting shack. Their original breeding ground is the Z-9 Crotalus DNA preservation lab, located in the Big MT.
As their name suggests, night stalkers are largely nocturnal, hunting in packs at night for unware or sleeping prey. However, it's still possible to encounter night stalker packs during the day.
When they detect the Courier, they may strike with a leaping attack and a venomous bite, or snap at them without leaping. While the venom is not as potent as that of their main competition, the cazador, it can pose a serious problem if multiple bites are received and aren't promptly treated. However, this can be avoided with the Animal Friend perk, as night stalkers will not attack the Courier.
- Coping with the poison
- Endurance, antivenom
- Datura antivenom, Blood Shield, Tribal Wisdom
- Heartless, Cardiac Arrest
- Snakebite tourniquet
Night stalkers can pose a particular threat in areas of low visibility, at night (when they are active) or in caverns. They are especially dangerous inside their dens, where packs are usually large in numbers, and twisting corridors make it difficult to detect exactly where they are.
Night stalkers found in the Charleston cave and the lower level of the X-13 research facility have the ability to cloak as if using a Stealth Boy. The ones in the Charleston cave gained this ability from chewing on a Stealth Boy, while the ones in the X-13 testing facility had the ability granted by an unknown scientist. As with any other cloaked enemy, these night stalkers can only be targeted in V.A.T.S. with the Enhanced Sensors companion perk provided by ED-E. Their invisibility will not prevent them from causing ripples in any body of water they move in, hindering their ability to execute an ambush attack.
Night stalker packs can be found in:
In appearance, young night stalkers are visually identical to fully grown night stalkers, but 攻击力和命中率都更低，在外观体型上也更小。Although relatively weak, they are a nuisance when fought in groups of other young night stalkers and their fully grown brethren.
栖息在苦泉镇西部血腥洞穴，拥有比普通夜枭更大的体型和攻击力，，但是搞笑的是，In appearance, it is visually identical to standard night stalkers but differs only in size, being about the size of a bighorner. It is normally encountered in a pack with several regular night stalkers and young night stalkers and can kill a low level player character in seconds.
莫哈维废土五传奇最弱小的一个, but 可以轻易杀死低级玩家。It is also the only legendary creature 可以受到动物之友perk的影响不会敌对玩家。
Notable night stalkers编辑
- Bleed Me Dry: Red Lucy at the Thorn asks the Courier to collect various eggs from Mojave creatures, including some night stalker eggs.
- Guess Who I Saw Today: The Courier can help Doctor Henry at Jacobstown to study how local night stalkers developed a natural stealth field.
- Fight Night: Up to three night stalkers can be challenged in the arena at The Thorn.
- All night stalkers, including named ones, are affected by the Animal Friend perk, despite being classified as abominations. With this perk, the player character can pickpocket them, but they hold no items.
- Similar to other canine enemies, night stalkers have a stationary bite attack. During this animation, night stalkers will not move, allowing one to easily backpedal and avoid the attack.
- Night stalkers share few characteristics with coyotes aside from general body shape and pack hunting (something reptiles, snakes in particular, are not known for).
- Night stalkers lay eggs, even though coyotes and rattlesnakes both bear live young.
- Night stalkers tend to rattle their tails and hiss when nearby, giving away their location.
- Similar to cazadores, night stalkers found in the Big MT are tougher than their Mojave counterparts.
- Night stalkers found in The Thorn's pit do not have any venom.
- Walking through the Mojave Wasteland, it is possible that the player may see a night stalker with several heads and legs. This is actually a bug in the respawn. It happens when several spawn in the same place, resulting in a number of night stalker models within each other and bound in place. Because they cannot walk they can easily be killed. [已核实]
- Sometimes while encountering a night stalker, they will randomly die. [已核实]
- Attempting to aim at a night stalker's head (in realtime or V.A.T.S.) often results in missing shots. Possibly there is something off with the night stalker's collision/hit detection around its head, similar to what happens with evolved centaurs. For best results (and to avoid all shots missing in V.A.T.S.), target the body instead. [已核实]
- X-8 research center will panic if the player has Strength of 8 or higher. They'll be hostile, run to and fro, but not attack. A "normal" fearless variety is found inside Z-9 and X-13. [已核实] Big MT night stalkers in the open air and the
- A conscious night stalker
- Chasing night stalker
- Biting night stalker
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hanlon: "Word got back to one of our stations that raiders had been attacking the place. I went out with six rangers. We must have been on the trail for a week before we got to Rattletail. We lost one woman to Night Stalkers and another almost died of dehydration."
- ↑ The Courier: "So Nightstalkers were created for what purpose, then?"
Borous: "-To preserve coyote... no, no, wait. The snake DNA was important because... the snakes with the rattles were dying out, and...- -Or maybe it was a bet from Calis in X-8? He had some mountain lion... eagle... condor... idea. "Bet you can't breed this," he said. Showed HIM.- -Then it... spliced itself into a coyote...-y, snake thing. Which was eventually successful. -"
- ↑ X-8 research center terminal entries; X-8 observatory terminal, Regarding Shipping Department Lockdown
- ↑ X-8 research center terminal entries; X-8 observatory terminal, Shipping Department in Lockdown
- ↑ Fallout: New Vegas loading screens: "Nightstalkers are fearsome nocturnal predators created by splicing together coyote and rattlesnake DNA."