- A pair of heavy troopers will replace the regular NCR trooper squad stationed at the 188 trading post.
- A pair of heavy troopers will also replace the NCR MPs at Camp Forlorn Hope when the player progresses to a certain time in the main quest line.
- A pair of heavy troopers also appear guarding Colonel Hsu's office at Camp McCarran.
- Heavy troopers can also be found guarding the Hoover Dam visitor center, regardless of the player's progression in the main quest line.
- If the player is declared a terrorist by the NCR, a squad of NCR Rangers will be dispatched to kill the player. After the most recent patch, this hit squad may include an NCR heavy trooper if the player is at a high level.
|NCR salvaged power armor||Light machine gun or
Heavy incinerator or
Hunting shotgun and
NCR heavy troopers play a role in the final battle for Hoover Dam, especially if the player sides with a non-NCR faction.
- If the player sides with Mr. House or Yes Man, a pair of NCR heavy troopers can be found guarding the entrance to the Hoover Dam control room containing the control terminal which House/Yes Man wants the player to hack. These two heavy troopers have abnormally low health, with only 90 hit points each. If the heavy troopers catch the player entering the control room, it will turn them and the rest of the NCR soldiers at Hoover Dam hostile towards the player.
- If the player sides with Caesar's Legion, then a group of six NCR heavy troopers will fight alongside General Oliver as his bodyguards in the final battle, serving as the "final boss" of the game.
- They can be seen smoking at the 188 trading post, despite wearing helmets.
NCR heavy troopers appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.