|“||It's been a long tour, all I can think about now is going home.||”|
NCR的士兵平均配发一枝军用步枪以及一枝9mm半自动手枪，这些武器由于坚实可靠以及异于操作而很适合大规模配发，不过，由于后勤线拖得太长的缘故，在莫哈维地区的部队往往需要使用许多其它的武器来补齐制式武器的空缺。As a result, small NCR patrols can fairly often be found wandering the wasteland armed with 10mm submachine guns, 9mm submachine guns, 10mm pistols, 9mm pistols, and even single shotguns. A few such patrols use First Sergeant Astor's camp near Camp Searchlight as a resting point.
|NCR armor and trooper helmet
Combat helmet (Camp McCarran)
Varmint rifle (Primm)
.308 Hunting rifle (Camp McCarran)
Caravan shotgun (Camp Forlorn Hope)
M&A 9mm pistol
N99 10mm pistol
Random Skill magazines
- The Courier can call an NCR trooper in as backup through the NCR emergency radio (Accepted reputation with the NCR is needed).
- They may rarely use the Marksman carbine, such as one of the NCR troopers guarding President Kimball during his speech.
- In All Roads, NCR troopers that attack Great Khans at Bitter Springs (in Chance's flashback) are seen riding horses, which are never seen in this or any other Fallout game (this is most likely another continuity error between the graphic novel and the game).
- A trooper may spawn with a merc grunt outfit by one of the tents which contain a workbench in Camp McCarran and lean on it, similar to Isaac.
- NCR troops are far more dangerous in combat with the service rifle as of patch 220.127.116.112, due to its increased rate of fire and accuracy. Squads can quickly overwhelm lower level characters, and could even surprise those in their higher levels due to the sheer volume of fire they can project.
- At the Strip, NCR troops will sometimes say "just lost a month's worth of caps," although they carry NCR money.
- During the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, troopers can have stimpaks.
- The first time the Courier enters the Strip, a drunk NCR trooper can be found puking on Gomorrah's sign. The Courier can still interact with them, and the trooper will say one of their phrases they would normally say.
- It is possible for the drunk troopers on the Strip to have Rattan cowboy hats or other such non-uniform headwear on.
- Troopers stationed at Hoover Dam usually have more health and are much better equipped than their regular counterparts. Examples of the weapons they may use include riot shotguns, sniper rifles, Marksman carbines, 12.7mm pistols, frag grenades and even assault carbines.
- Only two troopers wear combat helmets - Christina Morales, and another unnamed trooper directly outside the McCarran Concourse.
- At the start of the game there are over 250 NCR soldiers stationed across the Mojave.
- An NCR trooper at Camp McCarran may sometimes spawn with a combat helmet instead of the typical helmet most troops wear.
- Some NCR troopers inside the Hoover Dam Visitor Center will be wearing black masks and black sunglasses, similar to the Recruit Helmet for Caesar's Legion, though even when killed, you may not take their armor.
- Besides at the Strip, NCR troopers will forgive you regardless if you're vilified by them or not and will not attack you.
- During the quest G.I. Blues, 3 NCR troopers guarding NCR soup kitchen are seen wearing merc outfits (2 with cruiser outfits, and one with an adventure outfit) and one with a prospector outfit.
- "Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter."
- "When I got this assignment I was hoping there would be more gambling."
- "It's been a long tour, all I can think about now is going back home."
- "You know, if you were serving, you'd probably be halfway to general by now." – if player has a reputation of 'Liked' or higher.
- "You oughtta think about enlisting. We need you here." – if player has a reputation of 'Liked' or higher.
Don't Tread on the Bear! also seems to draw his ire, even if you haven't actually failed it. Killing him out of sight of others will prevent anyone else from turning hostile against you, but you may still receive Infamy with the NCR. It can be somewhat more problematic if he appears in a crowded area, you can bypass him to avoid having a fight with him.[已核实]An NCR trooper called "NCR trooper MP" may randomly approach you in the Strip and attack you which also causes everybody in that area to turn hostile, claiming that no-one messes with the NCR and gets away with it, even if you have a good reputation with the NCR and have done nothing to antagonize them. Stealing from the embassy, even if you do it without getting caught, seems to attract his attention, but not always. Triggering the quest
- Sometimes the NCR trooper MP may just appear and trigger dialogue with you, all you can say is "I need to get going," without turning him hostile.