MRE (Meal, Ready-to-Eat) ，速食肉，一種高營養的野戰口糧。這種東西本來是美國軍隊的軍用口糧，以滿足戰鬥發生時以及特殊情況下的進食需要。袋子里裝的是預先煮好的肉，用錫箔紙保存，把袋子放到水裡就可以自動加熱。這種速食肉從1981年開始小範圍配備，到1986年前後，全面取代原有的罐裝口糧成為軍隊的標準配置。
Survival Skill effect编辑
- Four in the Hopeville men's barracks as well as four in the women's barracks.
- Three on a catwalk near a duffle bag halfway down, at the southside of the Sunstone Tower roof.
- Three at the marked men supply outpost, near the back of an orange-yellow trailer.
- Three, east of Junction 7 rest stop, climb up the hill and they will lie under a collapsed overpass next to a broken shipping crate.
- Two at the marked men camp, near a tyre at the east wall of the Hopeville Missile Base Headquarters.
- Two near a US Army truck, in the collapsed overpass tunnel.
- At the Canyon wreckage: on the left, there is a wooden board that says "Lonesome Road". In the duffle bag below this, there is an MRE.
- If Ulysses is alive after the final quest, he will be at the entrance to the Canyon wreckage. If the Courier asks him if he has recovered anything from the dust of Hopeville, he will give 3-4 MREs and other minor loot.
Behind the scenes编辑
- The real-life MRE Menu No. 2 was a boneless pork chop from 2000-2001. Menu No. 2 is currently Shredded BBQ Beef. The resale notice was added in 2001. The bag design more closely resembles older MREs.
- The real-life ZIP code of Mullins, South Carolina, where MRE supplier SOPAKCO is based, is 29574; ZIP code 12490 corresponds to West Camp, New York.