|關於the Fallout Shelter weapon，參見MPXL Novasurge。|
|“||The Novasurge has proven to be a tough nut to crack. The output is still very high, causing massive injury to targets, but it's drawing far too much power from its energy cells. We also need to get the weight down on the weapon, as it's a bit heavy for a simple replacement sidearm.||”|
—Unknown author, MPLX "Novasurge" prototype plasma pistol
Template:Transcluded Sometime before the Great War, a prototype plasma pistol was stolen from the federal government by an organization called Quaere Verum, who believed in a government cover-up called "The Conspiracy". Quaere Verum attempted to expose this cover-up by using the prototype pistol, which they believed was clearly inspired by alien technology. However, the group was swiftly eradicated by the government, and the pistol buried in the desert to keep it hidden. The pistol was later taken by aliens who brought up both the safe that contained the gun and the computer terminal required to remotely unlock the safe.
The weapon acts very similarly to the plasma pistol it formed the basis for, barring several prototype features. First and foremost, this weapon does more than three times as much damage as the regular plasma pistol, and has a higher critical multiplier (3x as opposed to 2x). However, it uses two energy cells to power each shot, and weighs twice as much as the normal, almost as much as an R91 assault rifle.
The MPLX Novasurge can fire a total of about 188 times, the equivalent of 24 reloads, from full condition before breaking. That's 212 times fewer than the common plasma pistol.
- Plasma pistol - The common variant in Fallout 3.
The weapon is found in the cargo hold area of Mothership Zeta. In one area is Reid Underwood's terminal (hard) which can be hacked to unlock a safe, to get to the terminal go to the Research lab door go north then a bit east one should see a group of terminals, it's the only one that isn't broken. The safe itself is found in another area among several piles of rubble, next to a machine that is dropping items into a pit. Inside the safe is the weapon, a note detailing the weapon, and energy cells (amount may vary due to the Scrounger perk).
The Cargo hold becomes inaccessible after teleporting to the Bridge, making it impossible to obtain the weapon afterwards.
- Elliott can pick this weapon up if one unlocks Underwood's safe but doesn't go and collect the weapon.
- Somah can pick up this weapon without opening the safe, making it possible to obtain it without 75 science.
- V.A.T.S., selecting a target causes the ammunition counter to drop by one, not two. The bolt will still use two energy cells, but this may force an unexpected reload sequence. [已核实] While using
- Paladin Hoss will unexpectedly show up (even though he's not supposed to) and take the pistol after one has unlocked the safe. [已核实] Sometimes
- MPLX "Novasurge" prototype plasma pistol - the notes on the development of the weapon.