| ||關於other companions in the Fallout series，參見companion。|
- 迪恩·多米諾, 一個屍鬼化的戰前lounge歌手，位於馬德雷山的Residential District。
- 克莉絲汀·羅伊斯, 一個前兄弟會學士啞巴，位於馬德雷山的Madre medical district，被困在故障的自動醫生裡。
- Dog/God, 一個夜行者，位於馬德雷山的Villa Police Station。
- Follows-Chalk, a novice scout for the Dead Horses tribe with wanderlust. He first accompanies the Courier for a while, before permanently returning to the Dead Horse's camp after a certain level of progress has been made.
- Waking Cloud, the midwife of the Sorrows tribe worried about her husband. She accompanies the Courier upon Daniel's recommendation.
- Joshua Graham, former Legate and reborn New Canaanite acting as war chief for the Dead Horses. He will only accompany the Courier either during the Flight from Zion final quest or the Crush the White Legs final quest.
- Roxie, a cyberdog which can be created using the available splicing machine and after acquiring the correct holotape needed. Roxie will follow around her creator throughout the X-8 research center only; she cannot leave it. When interacted with, it is only through dialogue rather than the command wheel. Unlike Rex, it is not possible to open her inventory to give/take things. Even in non-hardcore mode, she can die, but can then be re-created an infinite number of times.
- ED-E, a cloned version of ED-E, armed with a modified arc welder. This version of ED-E cannot follow the Courier to the Mojave Wasteland and is always classified as essential, even in hardcore mode.
Temporary followers are NPCs that can accompany the player character during quests, or they might even offer their support only for a limited time or within a certain area. Unlike permanent companions, temporary companions do not use the companion wheel, do not heal automatically, and with the exception of deputy Beagle, do not have an option to exchange equipment.
- Bodyguard (hired in Freeside)
- Kings (hired in Freeside)
- Orris (hired during G.I. Blues.)
- Big Beard and Little Beard (hired during the quest Bye Bye Love)
- Cannibal Johnson (Enclave Remnant)
- Deputy Beagle (during My Kind of Town)
- Logan (during part of Wheel of Fortune)
- NCR Ranger (activated via NCR emergency radio)
- NCR trooper (activated via NCR emergency radio)
- Private Halford (in Camp Guardian caves)
- Rhonda (during part of Crazy, Crazy, Crazy)
- Securitron Mk II (or securitron Mk I) (during No Gods, No Masters or All or Nothing)
- Roxie (created in X-8 research center, will stay by your side, until you decide to leave.)
- Ted Gunderson (during Beyond the Beef)
- Ulysses Lonesome Road (add-on) - the original Courier Six and significant character in Lonesome Road. Depending on the dialogue chosen, he will either become a temporary companion, or will become hostile.
- Lost Mountain bighorner calf fnvhh
- Ulysses was also planned as a permanent companion, but was cut from base game.
- Betsy the Brahmin was planned as a companion, but was cut from the game.
- After For Auld Lang Syne's completion, Arcade will leave until the attack on Hoover Dam.
- Recruiting all 8 permanent companions will earn the The Whole Gang's Here achievement.
- Permanent companions are controlled via the Companion wheel.
- One does not need to have their companions actively following to gain their perks; they can be told to wait.
- While actively following, permanent companions are treated as essential (unless playing on Hardcore Mode - see below). It is important to note that they are only essential while recruited, and they can be killed both before they are recruited, and after told to leave. In Hardcore mode, companions can be killed even while actively recruited, but do not require food or drink and are not affected by radiation or drowning.
- Should one tell their companion to wait for them at the Lucky 38, they will be waiting in the presidential suite ready to be rehired at any given time.
- Unlike in Fallout 3, where dismissed companions would walk all the way from their current location to their home, dismissed companions in Fallout: New Vegas are instantly transferred to the their home location upon being dismissed. In addition, no companion checks against Karma when being hired, though they will check against reputation with one or more factions. Cassidy will leave if the Courier has a severely negative Karma, though it is still possible to hire her initially.
- If siding with Mr. House, a securitron will accompany the Courier during the final battle for the dam. However, this securitron does not count as essential, and may die, even with Hardcore mode turned off.
- Whenever completing a story quest, the next time conversation is started with a companion, they will talk about the quest.
- There is a way to get all 6 humanoid companions - check Fallout: New Vegas exploits for the details.
- Every permanent companion has their own quest, either side or unmarked.
- Companions will drop any weapons they had currently equipped if said weapon breaks.
- Companions in the player's party deal damage based on the game's difficulty setting.
- Using the console command "resurrect" on a companion (even while the companion is still alive) will strip them of any and all items given to them.
- Companions will tend to take safer, if longer, routes to the player if separated, however should the player be traversing steep ledges or cliffs they may fall resulting in them becoming unconscious, or die if in hardcore mode. This is more prone to happen if the player chooses to wait for the companion, however ED-E appears to be an exception to this.
Each companion also has a special attribute referred to in the game as Nerve. Nerve boosts the damage and Damage Threshold of each companion by 5% for each point of Charisma a character has. So Nerve grants a total bonus of +50% damage and damage threshold to companions with 10 Charisma and only +5% to both at 1 Charisma. A player character with a starting Charisma of 1 can boost their companion's nerve to the maximum by use of an Empathy Synthesizer, Intense Training, Party Time Mentats (+5), high Survival (so that alcohol adds +3 Charisma), or stacking moonshine with another type of alcohol.
Because Nerve only affects DT and damage, companion quests that bestow other bonuses upon completion (such as movement speed) are potentially less effective for those with high Charisma.
- Arcade Gannon
- Craig Boone
- Rose of Sharon Cassidy
- Veronica Santangelo
- Raul Tejada
- Lily Bowen
- Off the Meds (Permanent stat bonuses, psychotic break at 50% health)
Weapons and armor编辑
All permanent companions' default weapons have unlimited ammunition. If equipping followers with a better weapon, (DPS is checked) add ammunition and check its count from time to time - they seem to hold on to the new weapon when out of ammunition or switch to melee instead.
- Companions can use unique weapons with already built-in upgrades, such as the Ratslayer.
- Most companions use a weapon that's named after them. They share the same main characteristics as the standard version of the weapon and only differ in name.
- Arcade Gannon's Ripper
- Arcade Gannon's Plasma Defender
- Raul's .44 Magnum revolver
- Raul's lead pipe
- Veronica's power fist
- Veronica's 10mm pistol
- Boone's machete
- Boone's scoped hunting rifle (unique)
- Cass's caravan shotgun
- Cass's combat knife
- Lily's assault carbine
- Lily's gauntlet (unique)
- Lily's Vertibird blade (unique)
Permanent humanoid companions can wear and/or carry all types of clothing that is not associated with any faction. They can also wear all types of armor and power armor that is not related to a faction, even without having the Power Armor Training perk. They only change gear if they are given gear that has a better Damage Threshold than their own outfits. This may not always hold true, however; giving multiple copies of the same outfit to a companion may result in them equipping an inferior copy, despite the difference in DT.
Companions will refuse to wear or even carry faction-specific apparel, except apparel corresponding to their own faction. Giving invalid faction apparel to a companion will result in that companion immediately dropping the item (see Bugs for errors that occur with this); it is not returned, but must be picked up from the ground. This also applies to non-human companions who cannot wear armor, i.e. Lily Bowen, Rex, and ED-E. Only Boone and Veronica are able to carry or wear faction apparel. As a former member of NCR 1st Recon, Craig Boone will carry or wear any NCR faction apparel. Veronica, as a member of the Brotherhood of Steel, will wear Brotherhood power armor. She will also accept apparel specific to the White Glove Society, and giving her the items White Glove Society attire or formal wear, will result in her teaching the unarmed move Scribe Counter. She will not wear these items, however, because their DT is inferior to her default clothing.
Behind the scenes编辑
Several remaining resources point to the game having at one point allowing the ability to have multiple humanoid companions. Primarily, this is found in disabled dialogue options, such as a conversation with Mortimer, where the Courier would have needed to specify which of their human companions they were offering to Mortimer.
Fixed bugs (Patch 220.127.116.11x)编辑
- If you have several companions in the Lucky 38 at one time and leave weapons lying around, they may start to fight each other, and will die due to the fact that they are no longer listed as an essential. A solution is recruiting the one that the other companions are ganging up on, so that they are essential. Once that companion is knocked out the fighting stops. (Sandbox-AI caused human companions to attack non-humans if the latter carried consumable goods)
- This may not be completely fixed in player/1.20.352: There was an instance of Rex and/or EDE attacking the human companions upon returning to The Lucky 38: This only seems to have been corrected after going back a couple saves and removing all remaining inventory from Rex; see more details at Rex attacking companions and NPCs.
- pc Dismissing companions to the Lucky 38 can sometimes result in them staying in the same location instead of moving to the Lucky 38. So if you cant find your companions at the 38, check where you dismissed them. (As of Patch 18.104.22.168x companions no longer walk to their residence but are teleported immediately).
- The achievement/trophy The Whole Gang's Here doesn't count the companions you've currently recruited, but rather the total number of times you've recruited a companion. Furthermore, this count is not restricted to a single playthrough, so it will count "repeat" recruiting of a single companion. It is thus possible to recruit the same four companions over two playthroughs and get the achievement.
- Sometimes when entering a casino, your companion will lose their weapons, and upon leaving, they will still not have their weapons. Mysteriously, the Courier will have it. It is impossible to give it back. The guns run on MCA ammunition, so they just clog up the inventory. To fix this, tell your companion to wait outside. This can happen to ED-E.
- xbox360 pc When entering Lucky 38, Vault 21 or the Gomorrah courtyard with Veronica, she occasionally is removed from the game.