既然辐射的开发权已经易主, 现在自然是由Bethesda来决定什么才是真经. 许多辐射拥趸仍然以原开发者所构想的架构为准, 不过, 这些开发者之间也常常有相左的意见.
需要注意的是, Bethesda并未有完整的定义过Bethesda正史, 因此所有的正史信息都来自于辐射3.
- Bethesda仍然承认辐射与辐射2的剧情, 因此辐射3是在前两作的剧情架构上开发的.
- 辐射3由Bethesda开发, 因此属于Bethesda正史.
- 輻射：新維加斯由Bethesda发行, 因此属于Bethesda正史. as are all officially released supplementary materials, like the All Roads comic.
- 辐射4由Bethesda开发, 因此属于Bethesda正史.
- 辐射战略版:钢铁兄弟会的剧情只有主线任务获得了Bethesda承认, 一些小细节则否.As part of the Fallout Tactics release, Fallout: Warfare has the same level of canonicity.
- Official Fallout Game Guides can be tricky to place. On one hand the developers of the games are involved during their production, so through this the authors do have access to inside information that may not make it into a game. On the other hand, these guides have to be completed well in advance of release date, meaning some information can be changed between when the book went to print and the eventual release. Information in these items can be considered canon (but should be referenced to the book with <ref> tags) unless directly contradicted in-game. Where the books are contradicted, it is usually notable enough to make an appearance in the "Notes" section.
- Canceled games that were not developed by Black Isle Studios, such as Fallout Extreme, Fallout Tactics 2 , Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2and Fallout Online are non-canon.
- The Fallout Bible by Chris Avellone is not canon, but serves as a useful commentary on the first two games. Some setting elements introduced in the Bible have been further developed in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Some erroneous elements of the Bible were later corrected either in following issues of the Bible, in the games or by the developers themselves. In 2011, Chris Avellone recommended against using the Bible to determine canonicity.Template:Citation needed Any content using the Bible without separate verification from a canon source should include a non-canon warning.
- 虽然范布伦计划的开发中断了, 其中一些元素仍然放入了辐射3和輻射：新維加斯中.While Van Buren (the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios) is not officially canon, some elements of it were incorporated into Fallout 3 and its add-ons, as well as into Fallout: New Vegas, and are now part of the Fallout canon.