Evans also enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship with Hornwright Industrial; the company supported him with monetary and political backing, and in exchange, he protected the company from any harm and supported their automation agenda through Ballot Measure 6 and ensuring access to key contracts. However, he failed to keep his promise in the wake of the automation riots, causing Penelope Hornwright to threaten reallocating their funds, in turn leading to Evans mobilizing the National Guard.
He went missing after the Great War, neglecting or unable to turn over Executive Authority, which left the Appalachian governance unorganized. The original Responders were hesitant to follow orders and the Provisional Council had no confirmed leadership, contributing to the panic. He is also mentioned by the Warden of Eastern Regional Penitentiary, fearing he may slash the prison budget.
- Evans' portrait can be found at the Charleston Capitol Building near his personal office in a cubicle area.
- Just as the governor went missing, someone destroyed the Charleston Capitol Building mainframe specifically dedicated to store his files.
Evans is mentioned only in Fallout 76.
- Charleston Capitol Building terminal entries; Holbrook's terminal, Government of the Appalachian Territories
- Graduation ceremony
- Letter from the president
- Hornwright Industrial Headquarters terminal entries; CEO's terminal, TO: Governor Evans
- Hornwright Industrial correspondence
- Hornwright Industrial Headquarters terminal entries; terminal: Penelope Hornwright, Archived Message - 10.12.77
- Charleston Capitol Building terminal entries; Governor's terminal, Can't reach D.C.
- Warden: "My marshals thought you were an escaped prisoner? An underling will pay for this! Please don't tell the press. The governor would slash my budget. It may be fortunate you came here. Fortunate for me that is. This place is in such a state of disrepair that inmates are running loose in the halls. I need someone to manually authorize turret activation at each of the four security stations. Nothing says 'stay in your cell' like an active turret."
- Server maintenance