This large and modern medical facility once served the people of Charleston both before and after the Great War.战前这里的员工每年都会在此举办一次“同乐会”，在聚会中他们总是玩的很高兴，这也度造成了场面失控，甚至还发生过悲剧，不过还好是在医院里。因此员工督导员马文·威克希姆于次年的“同乐会”来临之时向全体员工提醒了这件事。此外，员工吉姆曾吐槽食堂的食物是“不能吃的泥浆”，并把食物扔向柜台后面的服务人员。这也因此受到了马文的警告，他在邮件中提出如果对食物不满意可以自行带饭，不过有趣的是，虽然他在邮件的开头说不会点名道姓，但最终他还是提到了吉姆的名字。When the Sino-American War came to its conclusion and the hospital heard the reports of the nuclear weapons, Wexim issued an order to stay professional, as they would soon be flooded with new patients. 随着收治患者的增加，使得这里几近瘫痪，甚至还出现了处方药盗窃事件，因此工作人员不得不更改置物柜的密码。
Among those seeking help were those whom mutated into ghouls, taking in hundreds of survivors. Of note where the those whom lost their congnitive abilities. They were not sure if their condition was due to radiation affecting the brain or psychological collapse due to horror the people of Charleston reopened the Asylum some time after 2078, after it closed in 2061. They also sent mentally unstable people there, like the disassociative "Daniel Boone". From November 2077 until March 2078 the Asylum housed refugees from Watoga, who eventually left for Harpers Ferry. The facility was in continual use until it was abandoned in the wake of the Christmas Flood in 2082. Over time, the hospital was picked apart thoroughly, leaving little in the way of supplies.
The Scorched Plague
When the Responders first encountered the Scorched Plague, they began to study its effects and how to counter both the plague itself and its infected. To that end, they began a project to counter the spread of the disease, with an Inoculation Project headed by their chief medical officer, Doctor Claire Hudson. Seeking a secure refuge to conduct the research, 于2096年7月他们在医院的地下找到了了一间几乎完好无损的实验室，Although the facility was picked apart by the scavengers. After a month, she was able to get the equipment set up and began her work. 8月12日，医院遭到了一伙辐尸人的入侵，mostly keeping to the first floor. 她不得不躲进储藏室里等待它们离开，最终这伙辐尸人在九个小时以后离开了这里。
By September, the automation of the facility allowed her to make as much progress as an entire research team. Her breakthrough came when she discovered that the secret to the Scorched vaccine lied in 尸鬼、鼹鼠和狼的血液样本(the creatures showing the most resistance to the plague). However, her efforts to synthesizing antibodies were hampered 在她启动疫苗施打机时，里面的一条T型保险丝烧断了。 By the end of October, she could no longer make any progress, with 负责帮她跑腿的杰夫失联。
焰息队的一项针对辐尸人的的行动也已经整装待发，但她无法在该行动出发之前研制出疫苗, she decided that she should automate the rest of the research。Should something happen to her, at least someone else could come along to 完成后续的研究。 当她从玛丽亚那里得知机场遭遇辐尸兽而陷入苦战，她不得不终止研究只身前往机场增援。Its fall inevitable, the Fire Breathers decimated, and unable to find a vaccine in time, she decided to head back to the Airport to help the wounded in its last futile effort, leaving behind a laboratory a push of a button and a few parts away from the vaccine. The medical center would remain Scorched-infested for the next few years.
The AVR medical center is a blue pre-War hospital with three floors, a basement, and a rooftop area, sitting on the western edge of Charleston. Scorched roam the halls and many first aid boxes can be found in the location.
There are three entrances to the building - to the east, north, and south. The eastern entrance has a medical supplies vending machine next to it and a limousine is parked on the road in front of it. The southern entry has a parking lot next to it and a fire escape which leads up to the roof. The roof itself contains a few tools but nothing much else of note. There is no entrance on the west side of the building but there is a small picnic area overlooking Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06 to the west.
All corridors lead to a large cafeteria in the middle of the building. It contains lots of seating, both in the form of dining booths and freestanding tables and chairs. There is a Port-A-Diner near a door on the north wall which leads back outside. A set of stairs by this door leads both up and down.
There is a large hole in the floor which looks down into the basement and an atrium above which provides a view of the second floor. Most of the doors on the second floor here are blocked off - the only accessible sections are an office and a storage closet.
The basement of the building can be accessed via a flight of stairs by the north wall of the cafeteria or by dropping through the hole in the floor. The basement contains two rooms - one with the hole in the roof and one next to it. The room with a hole in the roof contains three fusion generators. Only one is still operational and may contain a fusion core. A locked storage cage can be unlocked with a terminal (Hacker 1); it contains some tools and assorted junk.
The room next door contains a laboratory where Dr. Claire Hudson was conducting her research as part of the Inoculation Project. Her terminal sits on a desk. A fuse box on the wall requires a Type-T fuse to repair and two sympto-matic machines sit in the corner of the room. The laboratory also contains a chemistry station.
A set of stairs in the reception area by the east entrance lead to different parts of the second and third floor. The second floor here has an office that contains the Field report: AVR Medical holotape and a storage cage that contains medical supplies locked with a keypad with code 011986. The third floor contains more offices. The stolen supplies note can be found behind a desk on the east side of this floor.
- 實地調查報告：AVR醫學中心 - 在二樓東側其中一間辦公室。
- 失竊的補給品 - 在三樓一個桌子夾層上，上面記載解鎖二樓密碼鎖的密碼。
- Four potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On a lamp hanging from the ceiling with a skeleton on it. The bobblehead must be shot down to retrieve it.
- On the second floor, in the southeast office, on a metal desk with a terminal. Same office as the stolen supplies note.
- On the third floor, south side office accessed via a hole in the wall; in the northeast corner of the office, on a wooden and metal cabinet.
- Near or on the terminal shell in the southwest corner of the upper lab room with the Chemistry Station in it, and the large hole in the floor.
- Three potential magazines:
- Through the south reception area, in the ruined office with the hole in the wall adjacent to the two booths, on the coffee table.
- On the north side of the second level, overlooking the main entrance lobby, inside the office with the red sofa and two large mushroom lamps, on the desk by the door.
- On the east side of the upper level, in the office with the hole in the floor with three dumped microfilm machines and a standing lamp on the balcony outside the office, on the desk with the ruined terminal farthest away from the door.
- Fusion core - In the generator below the cafeteria.
- Potential recipe - In the kitchen area, on a counter near a wall clock.
Grafton Dam editorial - Note, in the bookstore adjacent to the beauty salon, on a small shelf flanked by bookcases (cannot be collected).
- An Ounce of Prevention - Terminal is used to help develop a vaccine to the Scorched Plague.
The AVR Medical Center appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
There is a stretcher in the building with a Jangles the Moon Monkey toy lying on it, and a toy alien on its face. This is a reference to the "facehuggers" from Alien, and Kane's death at the hands of them. The nearby bone cutter also references the way Ash tried to remove the beast, with corrosive results.
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; Marvin Wexim's terminal, Internal Staff Mail 8TN24
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; Marvin Wexim's terminal, Internal Staff Mail 8NY47
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; Marvin Wexim's terminal, Internal Staff Mail 8CM68
- Stolen supplies
- Charleston terminal entries; Terminal, Terrence, L
- Herald editorial on Allegheny Asylum
- Charleston terminal entries; Terminal, "Boone, D"
- Clara Duran's notes
- Field report: AVR Medical
- Morgantown Airport terminal entries; Responders laboratory terminal, Scorchbeasts
- Morgantown Airport terminal entries; Responders laboratory terminal, The Scorched Plague
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; AVR Medical laboratory terminal, July 6th, 2096
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; AVR Medical laboratory terminal, August 1st, 2096
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; AVR Medical laboratory terminal, August 12th, 2096
- Morgantown Airport terminal entries; Responders laboratory terminal, Inoculation Project Announcement
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; AVR Medical laboratory terminal, September 2nd, 2096
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; AVR Medical laboratory terminal, October 20th, 2096
- AVR Medical Center terminal entries; Marvin Wexim's terminal, November 7th, 2096