|“||A traveler that passed through here not long ago told everyone he met that there's some kind of plant paradise to the west where food is abundant. All the people foolish enough to listen to him and head out that way never came back.||”|
Beauveria Mordicana一開始是設計作來控制蟲害的菌類，當害蟲暴露在這種菌的孢子之 中時，孢子就會感染並在宿主身上殖民，宿主最終會因感染遍及全身，身體功能喪失而死 。不過死掉的宿主會被Beauveria Mordicana控制，四處行走並從速主身體散發孢子感染更多害蟲。這方法長期之下雖然很有效，但從寄生到獵物死亡也要10到20天，而且對於非社會性的害蟲沒什麼效果。Beauveria Mordicana一開始是在大山脈研究發展中心(Big MT)的X-22植物園製造出來，後來這科技分享給Vault-Tec以在22號避難所繼續植物研究。
Beauveria Mordicana跟一堆從Big MT流出來的科技一樣是潘朵拉的盒子，當避難所科學 家在大戰後開始進行實驗時，他們等同俐落的簽了自己的死亡證明。表面上菌類的確能在 長期有效控制蟲害，但它們也能感染人。孢子很快就散佈整個避難所，緩緩感染所有人。第一個可確認病例是Harrison Peters博士，他的病歷讓人們一窺究竟，了解這種真菌感染人體的進程。一開始菌類入侵肺部引發肺炎，然後身體發寒、發燒和可怕的咳嗽，菌類還會使身體主動拒絕對其有危險的治療措施，最後因器官衰竭而死。而就跟蟲一樣，菌類會繼續在屍體上擴張成長，最後足以控制屍體使之變成高度侵略性的孢子攜帶者，一個只管傳播孢子的無心智野獸。科學家對這種感染束手無策，最後感染像野火一樣席捲整個避難所。
大感染摧毀了避難所的秩序，被感染的人變成孢子攜帶者，藉由空氣傳染的孢子則繼續威 脅還活著的人。科學家想在避難所底層點燃瓦斯來燒盡一切，但釋放出來的瓦斯刺激到孢 子攜帶者，它們展現難以置信的攻擊性把科學家撕成碎片。
Randall Clark，峽谷的守衛者，拚死想幫助這群墨西哥難民。他在接下來兩天調查這個地方，22號避難所的居民裝備齊全，並在除了河流以外的所有營地出入口都設置巡邏和哨兵。雖然他們的咳嗽讓Clark很困惑，但這不在他的援救計畫的考量之內。他在2月14號進入營地，而他看到的景象使他心中有種東西被點燃了：22號避難所的居民把所有墨西哥難民俘虜殺掉且分食。Clark發動報復，對他們發起一場殘酷的消耗戰。利用手上的步槍與所有能運用的爆裂物，不放過任何能襲擊他們的機會，並在屍體與帶不走的武器上布置詭雷。到二月結束時，他的復仇戰已經冷酷、無情的殺死了二十四個人。而在這十天之中他只受了一次傷-一顆10mm鋼頭彈貫穿了他的大腿，幸好沒有打到動脈。雖然Clark一直沒被找到，但在3月2號時，有一小隊巡邏隊差點找到他在山洞裡的營地，因為有個人在那附近中了落穴陷阱。驚慌的還擊火力差點打到他，逼的他不得不轉移營地。在處理掉入侵者後，他把營地轉移到Cueva Guarache。十個月後他獲得了勝利，在因Clark和疾病而先後失去六名監督和超過80人後，22號避難所居民在為了營養吃掉屍體後，放棄並逃離了峽谷。此後這群人在歷史上失去蹤跡，這樣也許比較好。偶爾，拾荒者會撿到壞掉的嗶嗶小子與連身服。
The entrance of this vault is quite unusual. It is advertised with a sign that reads "Welcome to Vault 22" covered by graffiti which says "Stay out! The plants kill!" The vault door leads directly outside, unlike most that have a natural rock formation or tunnel enclosing the entrance.
一進到避難所內，左轉會發現一塊可供休息的床墊、一個行李袋和一些補給品，以及一台Keely的終端機，內容為記錄1和2。在床墊旁可以找到一本 Programmer's Digest，被壓在兩本書下面。
三樓往洞穴通道所需要的匙卡在CrewQuarters（4樓往下走），在左邊的第一間卧室架上。Once inside, an average locked door must be opened on the lower level in the northwestern corner of the room or you can go to the overseer's office, go onto the terminal and disengage the lock. Once inside, the first room on the left, on a shelving unit will have the Vault 22 cave door keycard. Note that the keycard does not open the cave door on level 3 directly, it instructs the terminal next to the cave door to unlock the door.
From the elevator, go down to the hallway and into the first room on the right to find one of Keely's terminals with entries 6 and 7 in the series.
From the entrance to the Commons, take a right over the little bridge and straight back to the billiard room for one of Keely's terminals with entries 8 and 9 in the series. The keycard that unlocks the door to the tunnels on the Food production level is found in the lower level of the Common Areas in the Quarters section on a shelf in the first room to the left. If the keycard cannot be found, check the floor near the shelf, as it may have somehow fallen off. It is a darkish red/orange color. The stair between this level and the fifth level is blocked by debris. The tunnels on the third level or the elevator can be used to bypass it. A flamer and several cans of fuel can be found in the room across from the room with the terminal that talks about Dr.Peter's re-animation.
- AER14 激光步槍 - 先到5樓，解鎖大門進入樓梯到公共服務區，槍就在一具骷髏旁，注意這裡有兩隻巨型螳螂。
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor - located on the 5th level, in the Pest Control section. If you take the elevator to Pest Control, then turn left and go upstairs to a large room with a door that leads to the Food Production caves. Turn left and the book is on a long table with bubbling vials or on the floor in front of the long table.
- 6個HEPA 20 cartridge filters, 仍在黑暗中任務道具, 在2樓氧氣循環研究區，只能穿過圍繞避難所的洞穴進入(可以從2樓的窗戶看見)。5樓害蟲控制研究區和3樓食物生產研究區有該洞穴的入口。3樓的入口需要匙卡，在4樓公共服務區下樓一個有嬰兒車的房間架上。 To locate the HEPA filters, go to the third floor. Open the metal door to the cave, then turn right at the fork. Follow the cave to find another wooden door labeled Oxygen Recycling. The HEPA filters are located in a locker in the upper right corner of the room.
- Still in the Dark
- There Stands the Grass
- Bleed Me Dry
- I Could Make You Care
- Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup
- Suits You, Sarah
- The background music is "The Vault of the Future," which has been originally used for Vault 13 in Fallout.
- The vault door is slightly open and the entrance room is visible through the gap.
- Despite Keely's claims that the spores are contagious, the player suffers no ill effects from continued exposure to the air in the Vault, even in the lower levels where the concentration is the highest.
- Oddly, given the clandestine nature of the vaults, there is a warning sign near the vault entrance that says "Welcome to Vault 22."
- This is one of the only vaults in the Mojave Wasteland without an entry tunnel, the other being Vault 3. Furthermore, 22 is the only vault in the Mojave Wasteland whose vault door would have opened directly to the outside world at the time of its construction, similar to many of the west coast vaults.
- If you have found and spoken to Keely, she remotely locks the entrance to Vault 22. You can get her to unlock it only after completing her quest. Alternatively, you can pickpocket her for her terminal password and use it to access her terminal on level 2 (where you met up after finding her in the caves) and unlock the door yourself.
- There is a hollowed-out rock directly across from the sign at the entrance.
- The rubble on the Fourth Floor blocking the stairs down near the elevator has gaps near the top, a grenade or incinerator through the cracks can kill the mantises at the bottom, which will keep followers from wandering around that hallway.
- The Vault dwellers are responsible for bringing spore plants and spore carriers to the Zion area.
- 留意一下門前的齒輪狀大門，上面寫的是Vault 92。
- The first interior door to the staircase very faintly reads "101" under the grime.
- The origins of the spore plants in Vault 22 are explained in a humorous ending of Old World Blues, in one of the endings for the biological research station he requests an entrance to the X-22 botanical garden (from which the spore plants originated from) who politely refuse saying they had prior commitments with a vault it had infected before the war.
- Ricky claims to have lived in Vault 22, but if you have been to the Vault, you can challenge him on that claim.
- The elevator is scripted to move your companions to be near you whenever you use its service, even if you tell them to wait outside the vault.
- Ricky wears a Vault 22 jumpsuit that he says he found on a dead prospector.
- Strange voices and typing sounds can be heard throughout the vault. These are actually part of the aforementioned background music.
- Vault 22 was designed by Jesse Farrell.
- According to Joshua Sawyer in an interview with PC Gamer, Vault 22 was partially based off the Nursery that was meant to appear in Van Buren.
- In the top floor of the Commons Area, one of the rooms has a booth seat placed close to a wall that is only visible from certain angles, if the player sits in this boot they will glitch into the wall and upon getting up will be stuck inside the wall.[已核实]
- The key card from quarters (needed to enter the cave) can, on rare occasions, never appear and cannot be found.[已核实]
- With the PS3 system update 3.60, the "trigger" event to download the data from the terminal on Level 5 doesn't happen, preventing continuation of the storyline.[已核实]
- Use caution if you are to take ED-E on to the fifth floor and trigger the flames. Make sure ED-E is in a room where he is protected from the flames as he can be "killed" even if you are not in Hardcore mode and never register as being dead (in fact you will still see a marker indicating that he is at Vault 22) thus robbing you of having a second follower for the rest of the game. If you don't want to have to worry about this, just have him wait at the entrance or at your Lucky 38 suite. This can happen to Veronica too.[已核实]
- When inside the Vault, the door has another texture problem. You can still see the 92 but it also shows a 101 and an overwrite sign from the doors (you need to use the console to see this).[已核实]
- Many times while in Vault 22 your companions will sense enemies nearby, when in fact they are on another level of the Vault. This makes them run off to the corners of rooms, stairwells, etc. in search of their foe(s).[已核实]
- HEPA 20 cartridge filters and obtaining them after first talking to Keely in the cave she may not appear in her lab and the door to exit the Vault will need her key to unlock it. Exiting the game and restarting from that point seems to fix this problem, however if the problem still persists she may be found stuck in a wall in Oxygen Recycling (identified by a non-hostile line on your radar). Use explosives on the wall where she is trapped; if she is damaged she will turn hostile and spawn again in the corridor. If you want to pursue the quest as usual, go to a different floor and wait an hour. When you return to Oxygen Recycling she will be found non-hostile in her correct place so the quest can be finished. To avoid this bug entirely, get the cartridges before you speak to her for the first time.[已核实] If entering the Vault for the
- Sometimes, the giant mantises outside the Vault do not spawn. They are likely to spawn when you exit, though, so be prepared for five or so mantises on top of you if this happens.[已核实]
- Leaving companions outside of Vault 22 and then entering the Vault will cause a glitch where your companions disappear. They are noted on your world map as being at Vault 22, but they are not there.[已核实]
- There Stands the Grass before unlocking the door that leads to where Keely is and then rescue her, she will still attempt to have you do her portion of the quest which includes her locking the front door. Since you've already dealt with the data, you cannot do anything else for her after activating the gas on the 5th floor and remain locked in. (To get the code to unlock the doors, either pickpocket, or kill Keely after being asked to activate the gas. Once you have the password, use the terminal in the same room Keely is in to unlock doors.) Should you return to Williams, and did not kill Keely to get the password, she'll pay you, and you will also gain XP for saving Keely as well.[已核实] If you complete the Quest
- ED-E appears upon entering level five via the elevator even though he is told to wait elsewhere, even if told to wait outside outside of Vault 22.[已核实]
- If you have a companion while looking for the AER14 Prototype,The companion might pick the gun up (to get the gun from a companion just go into their inventory).[已核实]
- 帶著ED-E時要小心, and try to fix the broken elevator inside the Vault, 遊戲會當掉，上一個存檔損壞, 唯一的解決方法就是重新開始遊戲。[已核实]
- spore carriers will be found lying on the ground near their plant patches rather than crouching within them. They will still jump up to attack when you approach, though, and their prone state often makes them harder to detect and eliminate in advance. Occasionally all of the
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide
- PCGamer Interview with JE Sawyer: "[...] like, Vault 22 was based on some of the old ideas of the Diana Vault that we have in the Van Buren design doc's, but yeah it was pretty much a brand new story, it's just, every once and awhile, we were all like, "Ah, you know what?- we did design something cool before, let's see if we can bring it back in this title."