|關於an overview of submachine gun models，參見submachine gun。|
It is considered to be one of the finest weapons in the world. The single shot is acceptable, instantly obsoleting the Colt 6520 pistol, and the burst mode is excellent. The MP9 is easy to control and can dish out more punishment than other firearms in its size category. Consequently, it is highly popular among people requiring a powerful, but a compact source of firepower with low maintenance requirements.
This weapon is popular with freelance mercs as it can spew death at close range. It is an excellent weapon early in the game and can shred unarmored foes, a single burst is able to kill even enemies in leather armor. It is very deadly at close range. Ammo can be found almost anywhere. Ian and Sulik are very deadly with these. It is the only burst weapon Ian can use, and the first SMG player characters are likely to find for Sulik.
- A storage room on the 3rd floor in Vault 15, near the cave-in.
- Carried by the short, rotund assistant Gretch of Doc Morbid in Junktown.
- Carried by three of Daren Hightower's goons; the ones in leather jackets.
- The two Regulator guards in front of Adytum each have one.
- Can be bought from Jake in the Hub.
- Lorenzo in the Hub carries one.
- Tubby in the Den West Side stocks these guns.
- It can be found in the weapons section of the 3rd floor of Vault 8.
- The Mordinos are also fond of this weapon, though they are more likely to carry M3A1 "grease gun" SMGs instead.
- Used by the Khan raiders of Vault 15.
- One is carried by Hal.