The .357 Magnum revolver can fire a total of about 995 standard rounds, the equivalent of 166 reloads, from full condition before breaking. When modded with the heavy duty cylinder, it can fire a total of about 1,495 standard rounds, the equivalent of 250 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- .357 Magnum revolver long barrel - increases the weapon's damage by 3.
- .357 revolver heavy duty cylinder - increases the weapon's durability by 50%.
- Lucky - A unique .357 revolver that can be found in a Hard locked safe in the Bison Steve Hotel in Primm.
- Police pistol - A smaller revolver that can be repaired with .357 Magnum revolvers.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|.357 Magnum revolver||26||45.5||1.75||x1||26||26||1||0.5||6||995||2||110||55||0||3|
|.357 Magnum revolver||29||50.8||1.75||x1||26||26||1.1||0.5||6||1495||2||810||405||0||3|
- Aerotech Office Park - in the locked (difficulty is level dependent) bathroom in Aerotech suite 300.
- Black Mountain - on the body of a dead NCR trooper, located on the road leading up to the summit.
- Goodsprings has an abundance of .357 Magnum revolvers. Trudy, Chet, Easy Pete, Goodsprings settlers and Joe Cobb all carry one, and an additional one is sitting in a glass behind the bar in the Prospector Saloon.
- Goodsprings Cemetery - one might spawn in one of the graves, a shovel is needed to dig it out.
- Gun Runners - the Vendortron sells them.
- HELIOS One - Lieutenant Haggerty carries one.
- Klamath Bob's Liquor Store, Westside - behind the counter along with some ammunition.
- Monte Carlo Suites - on the body of a dead gambler, located in the ruins to the east.
- Nipton - One can be found on the bottom shelf of a workbench inside one of the houses.
- During the quest Birds of a Feather, the suicide bomber carries one.
- Kings members might carry one.
- Powder Gangers might also carry one.
- Sold by merchants at low levels.
- The .357 Magnum is the revolver featured on many Fallout: New Vegas promotional images. On the main title screen, it appears to have the long barrel modification attached.
- Despite being held by an NCR Veteran Ranger in the main title screen and many promotional images, it is never part of their standard inventory in-game.
- Unlike all other revolvers, the .357 Magnum will not jam.
- Has platform::Xbox 360 If ammo type is changed to a type of ammunition that one has less than six of and the ammunition type loaded before changing had six loaded then the player character will continue to play the reload animation forever. [已核实]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 Occasionally when using the .357 Magnum in V.A.T.S., one will stand still and do nothing. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC This gun is affected by the reloading glitch, meaning it can be changed to load a certain ammo and be completely filled by loading only one round.[已核实]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 When reloading and running in third person, the cylinder will remain open, to fix this, switch to first person and back, or wait for the game to close the gate.[已核实]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 This revolver can be used to do the reload dash glitch, this glitch can be used to obtain the highest possible running speed and get to otherwise unreachable locations in vanilla Fallout New Vegas.