|關於an overview of Ripper models，參見Ripper (weapon)。|
關於the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon，參見Ripper (GRA)。
This weapon is essentially a chainsaw compacted into knife form so that it can be wielded with just one hand. Nevertheless, the Ripper inherits many of the qualities of its larger version. The attack button can be held down and it will dismember anything in front of the Courier and its continuous cutting action means the ripper ignores Damage Resistance and Damage Threshold. This makes it very good for handling multiple enemies or large, but slow, creatures.
Template:VATS attack table
The Ripper can successfully strike about 5,995 times from full condition before breaking.
- Arcade Gannon's Ripper - a unique companion-only Ripper carried by Arcade Gannon.
- Ripper (GRA) - a modifiable version.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Often carried by Legionary assassins.
- One is available for sale after passing a Speech check with Mick at Mick & Ralph's.
- Quite a number of Fiends in Vault 3 carry Rippers.
- Vulpes Inculta uses one in Nipton and at the Fort.
- A Scorpions gang member in the Monte Carlo Suites will carry one.
- Higgs Village. In the basement of House 103 in
- When damaging some enemies, like mantises, green blood will be sprayed instead of red.
- The Ripper does not have a visible trigger or button to activate it.
- The damage and DPS displayed is counted for 1 second of continuous attacking. The critical damage, however, is counted for every damage tick. Those ticks happen tens of times per second and because of this, the Ripper, along with other "hold down for continuous attack" melee weapons, is extremely strong with critical chance/damage bonuses. With no critical damage bonuses, difference between 0% and 20% critical chance is double the amount of damage displayed. With 100% crit chance the damage seems to be seven times the basic amount.
- This weapon, like all other continuous attack (automatic) close combat weapons, has only its "start-up attack" animation sped up by attack speed bonuses, while damage dealing and DPS is completely unaffected.
- Ripper (Arcade Gannon's special version) is in one's inventory that is available for use and does not show up in the shop menus, but if it is dropped, the PC will not be able to pick it up again. [已验证] Sometimes, a
- Due to an engine bug, the Ignore DT/DR effect does not apply correctly and because of this, Piercing Strike gives a marked improvement in DPS. [已验证]