|“||Mass Fusion is the leader in the safe handling and disposal of radioactive waste.||”|
—Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.281
This warehouse for Mass Fusion's 大量存放辐射废料 that was waiting to be disposed at a site near Lake Cochituate. After the War, the waste remains, leaving the area moderately irradiated and a natural refuge for feral ghouls.
This was a hazardous workplace before the War for multiple reasons. 2077年9月13日an employee named莱斯特被倒退的起重器绊倒致死，隔离屋里贴上了安全宣传海报。Their main concern wasn't that an employee had died, it was that it set their accident free day number back. This had a horrible effect on the morale of the other employees, such as his supervisor. Already a dejected individual, this supervisor truly had their hope drained from them. After years of dealing with the corrupt, self absorbed fools, the supervisor developed a seething hatred for their employment and fellow managers.
10月22日，一位危险材料稽查员突然到访进行检查，主管担心违法倾倒废物的事情暴露，通知了上级菲尔德先生。菲尔德授意这位主管一旦发现稽查员知道了真相，就“弄掉”他。事实上主管把稽查员扔进了核废料倾倒口they were using into Lake Quannapowitt. Already complicit in the illegal dumping, they were now also complicit in conspiracy to commit murder.
The interior is a warehouse storing many barrels of radioactive material, as such irradiating the entire building. It contains glowing radroaches and feral ghouls. In the top floor room is the supervisor's terminal, containing personal entries and the lock control for the security gate at the rear of the first floor.
A floor hatch is located behind the barrels next to the conveyor belt, directly opposite the generator which leads to the reactor room. In the center of the reactor room, there is a generator with a switch affixed to the farthest side.
- A Vault-Tec lunchbox is located in the subterranean area on the desk next to a broken terminal.
- Although the automated radio alarm must be deactivated by the generator at the reactor level, there is a ham radio hidden beyond the wall to the west. It can be seen and used only through console command tcl.
The Mass Fusion containment shed appears only in Fallout 4.
- Flipping the circuit breaker in the sub-level will sometimes fail to disable the automated radio alarm. A workaround is to return to radio tower 3SM-U81 and re-extend the satellites, then return to the containment shed to flip the breaker again. The warning klaxons in the sub-level can de-sync with the radio signal if the klaxons are turned off before resetting the radio tower.[已核实]
- Both of the ghouls that are hidden in the radioactive waste in the middle of the warehouse can not be looted directly. A workaround is to order one's companion to search the corpses. On PC, one can open the developer's console, click on the ghoul, and enter the command openactorcontainer 1 as another workaround.[已核实]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.281: "[2.13] MASS FUSION CONTAINMENT SHED
Mass Fusion is the leader in the safe handling and disposal of radioactive waste. Except here the place is overrun with Feral Ghouls and spilled barrels. Check the outside balcony for a cooler (Novice). Inspect the supervisor’s terminal (Novice) to unlock the security door. Check the secure area for a toolbox (Novice) and a gate to a steamer trunk."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Mass Fusion containment shed terminal entries; supervisor's terminal, 7/13
- Mass Fusion containment shed terminal entries; supervisor's terminal, 8/04
- The site as it is in Fallout 4. The pipe flows north.
- Mass Fusion containment shed terminal enries; supervisor's terminal, 8/22