Image needed (variant thumbnails)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help Nukapedia by uploading it.
- 1 Background
- 2 Characteristics
- 3 Variants
- 4 Locations
- 5 Notes
- 6 Appearances
- 7 幕後
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Video
- 10 References
Experiments with recombinant strains of FEV at the West Tek research center in Appalachia produced numerous failed mutations, with two exceptions. The first of these was FEVS-006443 from October 14, 2077, a Phase 2 combination strain that combined traits that resembled a number of different species. The results were considered disturbing by the scientists but provided valuable insights as to the capability of recombinant FEV. Notable changes included a number of ocular organs along the enlarged upper torso, a second set of arms ending in clawed digits, and a large sickle-shaped claw on each inner toe. The living, stable, and functioning subject was sustaining itself normally (a major accomplishment for the program) and was planned for release in Huntersville after the subsequent experiment matured. The mutant was never returned to the area until 2078年1月3日逃离威斯科技控制并在阿帕拉契废土疯狂繁衍。
|“||The horrifying result of experiments with the experimental Forced Evolutionary Virus, the snallygaster has six limbs, numerous eyes along its back, and an extended tongue covered in acidic goo that can rapidly take down any survivors.||”|
The snallygaster is a quadrupedal creature. It has two arms with three claws each, of which one is an opposable thumb, and two small limbs on the back of its body, which it usually uses to support itself while sitting. It has no proper face but has a mouth with a long tentacle-like tongue covered in acid and has multiple eyes along its back. A snallygaster will use its tongue like a whip up close and spitballs of acid at a range. The snallygaster has at least 40 eyes, two rows of teeth and thorns on its back. It has been described as being "a dragon-like demon that haunts an area outside of neighboring DC." They are easily recognizable from a distance, due to their signature clicking sounds and the thick, pungent odor they emit.
Snallygasters are almost exclusively found around highly toxic or irradiated areas. They are usually in groups of 2-4. When provoked, they will spit a ball of toxic slime from the mouth, dealing poison damage. They will then run to the player character and use a melee attack, either scratching or hitting the player character with their tongue.
A more powerful variant, the glowing snallygaster glows green, likely from being affected by high levels of radiation. They can appear in nuke zones. Template:Stats creature FO76 Template:Stats creature FO76 Template:Stats creature FO76
A charred, fleshy snallygaster infected with the Scorched Plague. All regular snallygaster variants have a corresponding Scorched variant with the same stats, abilities, and items. They may become Scorched when attacked by scorchbeasts or the scorchbeast queen, becoming allies with other Scorched creatures. Template:Stats creature FO76 Template:Stats creature FO76 Template:Stats creature FO76 Template:Stats creature FO76 Template:Stats creature FO76 Template:Stats creature FO76 Template:Stats creature FO76
- Three can always be found at Toxic Larry's Meat 'n Go.
- Two can always be found at Charleston between Hornwright Industrial headquarters and the Charleston Capitol Building.
- Two or three usually spawn at Pylon V-13.
- One located at Federal disposal field HZ-21.
- Six can appear at the flooded trainyard.
- Four can sometimes appear at Kiddie Corner cabins.
- Can sometimes appear at Treetops.
- Can sometimes appear at the crashed vertibird, behind Hemlock Holes.
When the snallygaster uses its toxic spit attack, it will remain on the ground for a short amount of time. Pressing the button to pick it up will result in you having the spit attack explosion in your inventory, despite not getting the pop-up to pick it up. This strange ability is shared with attacks done by a behemoth.
Snallygasters appear only in Fallout 76.
- 鸟形龙延续了辐射76中基于当地传说所設計的其他怪物的想法。然而，其传说更多的是在弗雷德里克县，位于马里兰州。鸟形龙源自德国移民的传说，最早可以溯回18世紀，据说是一种类似龙的野兽，被描述as half-bird and half-reptile有着金属般的喙和锋利的牙齿and occasionally said to have tentacles。The earliest stories claim that this monster 吸取受害者的血液。当时大部分的居民会在谷仓的门上漆上七颗尖角的星星，藉以避开怪物的袭击。
- 鸟形龙一詞來自於德文Schneller Geist，意为“快速的鬼魂”。
- West Tek research center terminal entries: "Report: Test Subject AM52"
- West Tek research center terminal entries: "SPECIAL REPORT: CONTAINMENT BREACH"
- Wandering storyteller: "Maybe half a year ago at a campsite not far from here, I was cookin' up a delicious, brothy stew when I heard a disgusting clicking sound nearby. Now that vile sound, it grew and grew as the thing drew nearer."
- Wandering storyteller: "Well, then I saw a shadowy, twisted figure just beyond the forest edge. There was an unmistakeable odor as a thick, pungent stench filled my nostrils."