Laser pistols are high-tech sidearms that emit a concentrated beam of coherent light, with sufficient wattage to do considerable damage. They can be powered by various power sources, but most models use an internal capacitor, charged by a small energy cell. Apart from pistols, other, more powerful laser weapons exist, like laser rifles and Gatling lasers.
Several different variants of laser pistols exist, from low-power civilian models to extremely powerful military sidearms. Typically, the main difference is the focusing optics. While civilian models utilize a laser diode, military models employ a photonic focusing chamber and crystal array, which creates a tighter, more destructive beam, although certain modifications (e.g. a magnetic field targeting system) can improve the performance of a civilian model, bringing it on par with military models. Certain models can also be locked down for transport, requiring an arming sequence to make them operable again.
太阳能聚光器是使用日光作为能量来源的special laser pistol。暴露在日光下充能完毕之后可以满足六次发射所需，在那之后它就必须重新充能。
- For the unique versions that appear in Fallout 3, see: Smuggler's End, Colonel Autumn's laser pistol and Protectron's Gaze.
- For the modified version that appears in the Fallout 3 Broken Steel add-on, see: Colonel Autumn's laser pistol
- For the unique versions that appear in Fallout: New Vegas and its Honest Hearts add-on, see: Pew Pew, missing laser pistol and Compliance Regulator
- For other versions in Fallout Shelter, see: rusty laser pistol, tuned laser pistol, focused laser pistol, amplified laser pistol
- For the unique AEP7 found in Fallout Shelter, see Smuggler's End
A small energy weapon often used by the Institute and its synths.
Home-made electric laser pistol
Electric laser pistol
This kind of electric laser weapon only appears in the city of Los and is to be manufactured using technology contained in the Secret Vault. This rare weapon is only found in the Secret Vault and was part of the Secret Vault guards' weaponry.
Mentioned and cut content
AEP5 laser pistol
The AEP5 laser pistol was a military model that was notorious for its problems with overheating.
APOLLO laser pistol
The APOLLO laser pistol is a primary weapon designed and abandoned by Poseidon Energy that science-oriented characters in Van Buren could complete.
Unnamed laser pistol
An unnamed laser pistol.
- Dialogue files from Fallout 2 - "Pointy end with the laser diode goes toward the enemy. Then pull the trigger." .
- Citadel terminal entries on the AEP7 laser pistol in Fallout 3.  引用错误：无效
- In-game description for the Magneto-laser pistol in Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. 
- In-game description for the laser pistol in Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. 
- In-game description for the Solar Scorcher in Fallout 2. 
- Guardian of Forever special encounter in Fallout 2. 
- DCTA laser firearms protocol.