Fort Atlas is a location in the Savage Divide region of Appalachia, formerly known known as 阿特拉斯觀測站. Once the site of an advanced military science project, the observatory lay dormant for years following the Great War, inhabited by hostile robots. In 2103, the Brotherhood First Expeditionary Force set up base at the observatory, renaming it Fort Atlas, with the help of Russell Dorsey.
Serving as an astronomical research laboratory, ATLAS was a military project on weather modification. Scientists worked here to advance the ATLAS Program, or "Atmospheric Terraforming Laser Accelerator System" before the Great War.
In 2103, Lucky Lou scavenged several automated turrets from the observatory for use in attempting to commit suicide and avoid turning feral. Later that year, Russell Dorsey established a campsite near the facility's entrance and, with the assistance of his utility Protectrons, began constructing a framework around the structure. This included various elevated platforms, a medical tent, a landing pad, and deliberately sealing the observatory's interior.
In 2103, Russell Dorsey collaborated with the Vault Dwellers of Vault 76 to construct a base for the incoming Brotherhood First Expeditionary Force, using the observatory as their construction site. Upon arrival, the Brotherhood renamed the facility to Fort Atlas, converting it into its current appearance.
The observatory caps the crest of a hill along Route 63 east of Monongah. There are three entrances to the building. The exterior of the building has been re-inhabited by Russell Dorsey and several Brotherhood initiates and hopefuls.
Various platforms now provide easy access to higher parts of the structure. Near the eastern entrance, an armor workbench, weapons workbench, and power armor station can be found alongside a stash box. A small medical tent lies above the southern entrance, and a small residential tent has been assembled to the south.
The building is a multi-level structure, with border rooms encircling a vaulted central room, that houses the telescope, which extends vertically for all of the levels. The ground level floor provides the main entrance to the structure, with an office on the right and a dining / recreation area downstairs. A glowing laser barrier initially prevents entrance to the remainder of the building until the player character applies for entry into the Brotherhood ranks.
The large central room has a workshop and armories in a eastern border room. This room contains two armories behind heavy metal mesh cages each with a power armor suit and weapons. However, they are not accessible. The room includes weapon, tinker, chemistry, and armor workstations as well as a stash box. A barracks with a shower facility is located in the western border room. There are two stairs in the central room at the laser barrier leading to an upstairs area with Paladin Rahmani on one side and Scribe Valdez on the other.
A door off the Paladin's area opens onto the top of a stairwell. Going down to the bottom leads to a kitchen and bathrooms where there are two orphans, Maximo and Marcia Leone. The middle of the stairwell opens into the workshop and armory room off the main floor. To the east in the central room is a door leading down to the substructure.
The substructure is a basement with three levels, internally accessible via a flight of stairs. The top level appears to be the same level as the main floor of the overall building, but that top level is accessible only by going upstairs inside the sub-structure. The lowest level is the first reached via the story line, but the player character will explore further to meet early quest objectives. The lowest and middle levels have solid floors while the top level is a catwalk and doors around an open area surrounding the telescope. There are a total of three workbenches on the middle level of the basement, two for weapons and one for armor.
|羅素·多西新兵||弗農·道奇新兵 (可選)||索羅門·哈第醫生 (從前)|
|柯林·普特南新兵 (可選)||馬諦·普特南新兵 (可選)||Felton Reed|
|妮娜·萊特 (可選)||迦印博士 (可選)|
- 多西的日記 - 羅素·多西的床底下。
- 最後細節 - 羅素·多西的帳棚內，櫃子上。
- 自我提醒：取名 - 經過紅色的機械下樓梯就會看到，在白桌上。
- 自我提醒：零件 - 紅色的機械旁邊金屬樓梯後側，木箱上。
- 自我提醒：欄杆 - 釘在圓頂邊上，從木梯上去朝北方走就會看到。
- 代辦事項：釘槍 - 羅素·多西旁邊的運兵車內。
- 代辦事項：動力裝甲 - 動力裝甲工作台附近桶子上。
- 代辦事項：標誌 - 圓頂旁邊的木梯上去，左側木板檯子上。
- Back in a bit - 在第21更新檔前可以在羅素·多西的帳篷內桌上找到。
- 阿特拉斯計畫研究日誌#104 - 樓上瓦爾迪茲學士的終端機旁。
- 阿特拉斯計畫研究日誌#293 - 同上。
- 康納斯騎士：回報 - 西側寢室板凳上。
- 瓦爾迪茲學士的終端機密碼 - 發明之母任務獎勵。
- 阿特拉斯除役報告 - 有三份，發明之母任務過程會找到。
- The first is found on a console near the ATLAS diagnostics terminal.
- The second is found on a wooden cart near the skeleton of Isaac Hammond.
- The third is found on a metal cart along some piping, to the right after going down the stairs from the main entrance of the substructure.
- 瓦爾迪茲的推薦信 - 發明之母任務過程拿到。
- Potential magazine - In the mine section during The Best Defense, on a shelf near the top part of a conveyor belt in the medium-sized room with the catwalk and office niche.
- Two potential recipes:
- One in the mine section, near the wall-mounted terminal and connected supply room, on a cabinet at a nearby dead end.
- One on a shelf near the westernmost tunnel girder, in the final room of the mine section.
- 阿特拉斯主任的密碼 - 同上。
- The location of ATLAS Observatory was renamed to Fort Atlas in patch 24, the initial release of Steel Dawn.
- If one chooses to call a nuclear strike on the location as part of the quest I Am Become Death, individuals outside of the location will don hazmat suits. Upon detonation, everyone around the exterior of the station will die except for Russell Dorsey. Weaponry outside will also be damaged and require repair.
[验证逾期]Upon fast traveling to Fort Atlas as of the Steel Reign update, the game may freeze, become stuck on a loading screen, and never load in. This may occur several times even after joining a new server. Continually server hopping until the game finally loads in is the only known solution.
- Carleton Mine terminal entries; Lou's engineering log, Turrets
- Back in a bit
- Vault Dweller: "Fort Atlas?"
Russell Dorsey: "Yep. The Brotherhood renamed it when they turned it into their new headquarters here."
(Russell Dorsey's dialogue)