Fort Atlas is a location in the Savage Divide region of Appalachia, formerly known known as 阿特拉斯觀測站. Once the site of an advanced military science project, the observatory lay dormant for years following the Great War, inhabited by hostile robots. In 2103, Russell Dorsey collaborated with the Vault Dwellers of Vault 76 to construct a base for the incoming Brotherhood First Expeditionary Force, using the observatory as their construction site. Upon arrival, the Brotherhood renamed the facility to Fort Atlas, converting it into its current appearance.
While appearing to simply be an astronomical research laboratory, ATLAS was a military project on weather modification. Scientists worked here to advance the ATLAS Program, or Atmospheric Terraforming Laser Accelerator System before the Great War.
In 2103, Lucky Lou scavenged several automated turrets from the observatory for use in attempting to commit suicide and avoid turning feral. Later that year, Russell Dorsey established a campsite near the facility's entrance and, with the assistance of his utility Protectrons, began constructing a framework around the structure. This included various elevated platforms, a medical tent, a landing pad, and deliberately sealing the observatory's interior.
By late 2103, he had garnered the assistance of the Vault Dwellers in helping him fortify and establishing the new headquarters for the Brotherhood First Expeditionary Force. Upon arrival, the Brotherhood fully occupied the base and renamed it to Fort Atlas.
The observatory caps the crest of a hill along Route 63 east of Monongah. There are three entrances to the building. The exterior of the building has been re-inhabited by Russell Dorsey and several Brotherhood initiates and hopefuls.
Various platforms now provide easy access to higher parts of the structure. Near the eastern entrance, an armor workbench, weapons workbench, and power armor station can be found alongside a stash box. A small medical tent lies above the southern entrance, and a small residential tent has been assembled to the south.
The building is a multi-level structure with border rooms encircling a vaulted central room that houses the telescope.
- 多西的日記 - 羅素·多西的床底下。
- 最後細節 - 羅素·多西的帳棚內，櫃子上。
- 自我提醒：取名 - 經過紅色的機械下樓梯就會看到，在白桌上。
- 自我提醒：零件 - 紅色的機械旁邊金屬樓梯後側，木箱上。
- 自我提醒：欄杆 - 釘在圓頂邊上，從木梯上去朝北方走就會看到。
- 代辦事項：釘槍 - 羅素·多西旁邊的運兵車內。
- 代辦事項：動力裝甲 - 動力裝甲工作台附近桶子上。
- 代辦事項：標誌 - 圓頂旁邊的木梯上去，左側木板檯子上。
- Back in a bit - 在第21更新檔前可以在羅素·多西的帳篷內桌上找到。
- 阿特拉斯除役報告 - 有三份，發明之母任務過程會找到。
- The first is found on a console near the ATLAS diagnostics terminal.
- The second is found on a wooden cart near the skeleton of Isaac Hammond.
- The third is found on a metal cart along some piping, to the right after going down the stairs from the main entrance of the substructure.
- 瓦爾迪茲的推薦信 - 發明之母任務過程拿到。
- Potential magazine - In the mine section during The Best Defense, on a shelf near the top part of a conveyor belt in the medium-sized room with the catwalk and office niche.
- Two potential recipes:
- One in the mine section, near the wall-mounted terminal and connected supply room, on a cabinet at a nearby dead end.
- One on a shelf near the westernmost tunnel girder, in the final room of the mine section.
- The location of ATLAS Observatory was renamed to Fort Atlas in patch 24, the initial release of Steel Dawn.
- If one chooses to call a nuclear strike on the location as part of the quest I Am Become Death, individuals outside of the location will don hazmat suits. Upon detonation, everyone around the exterior of the station will die except for Russell Dorsey. Weaponry outside will also be damaged and require repair.
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.409 "22. OBSERVATORY
The Atlas Observatory, an atmospheric and astronomic facility, is one of the largest domed telescopes still left standing. It offers loot as well as information on what scientific research was going on before the bombs dropped. Outside, the rocky mountain outcrop upon which the observatory is built offers exceptional views to the west, toward Monongah. There's a small exterior door (2) on the structure's western edge, but the main entrance is on the south side, after navigating an enemy-filled parking lot (or sneaking in via the lower loading dock entrance to the southeast). Inside, the circular structure is somewhat confusing unless you methodically search each chamber, culminating with a check of the giant telescope itself."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)
- Carleton Mine terminal entries; Lou's engineering log, Turrets
- Back in a bit
- Events of Fortifying ATLAS
- Vault Dweller: "Fort Atlas?"
Russell Dorsey: "Yep. The Brotherhood renamed it when they turned it into their new headquarters here."
(Russell Dorsey's dialogue)