|此角色是一位永久的同伴。 他们给予Better Healing辅助能力。|
|此角色可以修理物品。||修理 瓶盖: -|
- 已完成 High Times 並給了 Julie Farkas 她所需要的醫療補給品。
- 有 Confirmed Bachelor 专长。
- 跟布恩一樣，如果玩家和军团关系良好，阿卡德会拒绝加入。玩家可以穿上 NCR 派系的服裝再與他對話，可以暫時通過派系檢定並說服他加入。
- For Auld Lang Syne: 在信使打破了势力间的平衡并且探索了许多钩起阿卡德英克雷时期记忆的地点之后，會導向本任務以重组他父亲的旧部為了协助即将到来的胡佛大坝战役。
- Beyond the Beef: The Courier can offer Arcade (or any other human companion) as a substitute main course to Mortimer for the banquet.
- Bitter Springs Infirmary Blues: Arcade can give Markland the specialized medical training he needs, bypassing the part of the quest that requires the retrieval of Tiny, Tiny Babies: All You Need to Know About Pediatric Medicine and Stress and the Modern Refugee: A Primer.
- Et Tumor, Brute?: 信使可以获得一个选项把他卖做奴隶给凱撒当私人医生，completing the quest but losing Karma.
Making him quit
Arcade will get fed up with the Courier if they do or say things that he dislikes. He has an internal counter of "dislike" points that is increased by doing or saying stupid or mean things or doing things that hurt the Followers. Once he has accumulated 3 "dislike" points, he will warn the Courier that they are "acting crazy." Most of these possible "dislike" points may be obtained during The White Wash quest. At 6 points, he will leave permanently. He also tracks "like" points, but those are only used to decide if he will start the For Auld Lang Syne quest early or not.
The "dislike" points are triggered by the following statements or actions:
- Relating to The White Wash quest:
- 1 point for saying "Right. The Followers don't endorse his actions, and all that." when Arcade comments on Anderson, when visiting Westside after already having completed The White Wash without Arcade.
- 1 point for saying "They profit from crime, now I profit, too." when Arcade chastises the Courier, if they finished the quest by extorting money from the Westside Co-op.
- 2 points for saying "Anderson killed White. He deserved to pay for what he did." when Arcade challenges the Courier, if they finished the quest by killing Anderson.
- 1 point for saying "What's done is done." when Arcade challenges the Courier, if they finished the quest by killing Anderson.
- 1 point for saying "You're assuming a motive without evidence. Please be rational." (which requires Intelligence 7), followed by "It was either this or spend the rest of his life in an NCR chain gang." when Arcade challenges the Courier, if they finished the quest by killing Anderson.
- During the first visit to The Fort with Arcade along:
- 2 points for saying "With how messed up New Vegas is, do you really think Caesar has nothing to offer?" followed by "Yes, that's exactly what I'm suggesting." when Arcade asks why they are there.
- After speaking to Hildern (any conversation that ends with "Yes...Goodbye" or "Wrong turn?...") with Arcade (one time) he will talk about Hildern's motives.
- 1 point for saying "But in the end, doesn't it all just come down to numbers anyway?"
- 1 point for murdering non-hostile innocents. (Dislike is not raised until Arcade comments negatively.)
Arcade will leave immediately and permanently if any of the following happens:
- The Courier responds to one of his challenges with some variation of "If you don't like it, leave."
- They enter the Legate's Camp in preparation to help Caesar attack Hoover Dam.
- Convincing the remnants to support Caesar's Legion during the For Auld Lang Syne quest.
- Reporting back to Caesar after assassinating Kimball. He will leave regardless of the Courier's preparation to move on to the final mission. He will stay as long as the quest is unfinished.
|服装||武器||其他 物品||死 亡|
Gannon family Tesla armor*
Gannon family Tesla helmet*
* Only worn if fighting at Hoover Dam.
** Because Arcade's Plasma Defender uses magical companion ammo instead of energy cells, it does not have the -2 DT effect that comes from using standard energy ammunition. Otherwise, the weapon has the same statistics as the standard version.
- When asked about which faction to send ED-E to near the end of ED-E My Love, he will urge the Courier to give it to the Followers.
- 雖然阿卡德的医学知识可以用在Bitter Springs Infirmary Blues任务，这样玩家就不必收集相应的书籍，但在Restoring Hope和Volare!这两个任务中，阿卡德帮不上什么忙。
- 阿卡德可以说流利的拉丁语，同时他坚决与軍團划清界限，称他的拉丁语都是自己通过战前书籍、乐谱、以及全息磁带学的。As such, he laments the fact that Latin is now associated with the Legion.
- If questioned about the Legion's use of Latin, Arcade will respond that "Caesar can cite Cato to suit his purposes." This is a paraphrase of the line "The devil can cite scripture for his purposes," from "The Merchant of Venice" by William Shakespeare.
- As a member of the Followers of the Apocalypse, Arcade is recognized all over the wasteland. When traveling with Arcade:
- The citizens of Freeside will often say "Howdy, Arcade." and will sometimes state that they are surprised to see that he is outside the fort, as they thought that "those scientist types liked to stay indoors."
- Members of Caesar's Legion will express their disbelief that a Follower had the courage to step out of Freeside.
- Powder Gangers and escaped convicts will speak of him in a derogatory manner, calling Arcade "four eyes."
- The workers at Boulder City will berate the Courier for keeping company with "anarchist cultists" instead of "civilized persons."
- Great Khans will say "I haven't seen a Follower around here in years."
- The Kings gang members will comment "I see you've hired a Follower doctor. Smart move, with Freeside being what it is."
- Arcade's worst ending directly mimicks the suicide of Cato when Julius Caesar became ruler of Ancient Rome; Cato slipped over while attempting to stab himself, and was forced to disembowel himself to succeed in what he sought; Caesar was unhappy at his death.
- 如果信使在Beyond the Beef中提议用阿卡德代替Ted被吃，那么Mortimer会对其身高和下巴做出评论。
- Although Frumentarii are supposed to be spies and experts at infiltration, Arcade still recognizes Vulpes Inculta if Arcade is a companion when exiting the Tops casino for the first time, commenting that Vulpes is the Legion's "most notorious" spy.
- In the Silver Rush, he engages the Courier in a conversation, stating how the numerous energy weapons brings back memories.
- In Westside, Arcade mentions he used to visit the area with Tom Anderson and comments their issue in receiving water.
- Taking him to the Crashed Vertibird location makes him remark that is has been a while since he last seen one.
- In HELIOS One (and after listening to Fantastic), he will urge the Courier to divert power to Freeside and outer Vegas on the belief that the NCR already has power from Hoover Dam and Mr. House has resources unlike the unfortunate citizens of Freeside.
- Taking him to The Fort will make Arcade question the Courier's motives. If he is still a companion and after interacting with Caesar, Arcade will angrily denounce Caesar as a "crazy tyrant."
- Unlike some of the other companions who are associated with their respective faction, having a negative reputation with the Followers of the Apocalypse does not affect the ability to recruit Arcade.
- "If you set aside his leadership capabilities, extensive knowledge, and ruthless cunning... he's just another jerk who steps on people to get his way."
- "I'm no botanist, but I think this may not be entirely natural."
- "I don't think you need to worry about the specifics. Basically, expect a lot of firepower and dead bodies."
- "I'm enthusiastic about helping people, but nihil novi sub sole. (There's nothing new under the sun.)"
- "I'm really very boring. You’d get better stories out of a Freeside junkie."
- "I'm not exactly a mercenary, but taking out scumbags of this magnitude wouldn't cause me to lose any sleep."
- "Victrix causa deis placuit sed victa Catoni. (The conquering cause pleased the gods, but the conquered cause pleased Cato.)"
- "I can't comprehend how Caesar could so extensively scramble your sense of morality to make you think the Legion is a better alternative to anything."
- "No, really. Have you ever snorted a ground up Cazador venom sac? Neither have I, but I can guarantee you that a Freeside junkie has."
- "Okay. I just wanted you to confirm that I'm traveling in the company of an insane fascist. Thanks."
- "The people who live here don't deserve to be victims of your misguided attempts at political engineering. Or are they just collateral damage?"
- ""Knowledge is power," but to what end for Henry, I have no idea. The problem was what mattered to him, not its practical impact."
- "I mean, I'm not like them. I was born at Navarro and my father served with them, but I wasn't really part of the Enclave. It seems presumptuous of me to think that I could join the fight, even if this is a cause worth fighting for. Because I know once the fighting breaks out at the Dam, all hell is going to break loose in Freeside. They're going to need every doctor they can get."
- "Great! You're either unimaginably cruel or profoundly insane!"
- "I still don't know how this is all going to shake out in the end, but at least the Enclave can atone a bit for all the damage it's done."
- "All I ask is that you put it to good use. This place has lived in the shadow of Caesar for long enough. I may not be the one to help stop him here, but you are. Fortis fortuna adiuvat. Good luck, and good bye."
- "Oh, you know. Finding alternative treatments for common illnesses and injuries. Stimpaks out of barrel cacti and other fantastic improbabilities. As far as fruitless wastes of time go, it's quite noble in its aims."
- "Hey there! Was it always your plan to sell me into slavery to Caesar, or was that just a spur of the moment thing?"
- "Why don't you make like Odysseus and get lost?"
- "...Wow. You sound like you really do need some help."
- "Wait, wait, wait a second. What's going on? Am I playing Vergil to your Dante? I'd like to assume that we're tiptoeing into the mouth of hell out of academic curiosity, but I'm not so open-minded that I've lost my brains."
Arcade's endings are intended to reflect that no one is damaged more by reality than the idealist. He does his best to be practical and rational, but there is a strong idealist streak in him/the Followers in general. In some of Arcade's "best" endings (meaning, the circumstances he thought he wanted), he is still somewhat disappointed by how things turned out. In his "worst" endings, he can wind up bitterly disillusioned, brutally murdered, crucified, casually executed and discarded in a ditch, or even defiantly suicidal.Arguably the worst ending is the one in which Arcade is given to Caesar as an enslaved doctor. The existence is so unbearable to him that he does what the historical Cato the Younger did at Utica: rather than give Caesar satisfaction, he disembowels himself. Like Cato, Arcade cannot live in a world where everything he tried to resist has come to pass.”— J.E. Sawyer on Formspring
- When brought to The Fort, Arcade will get upset with the Courier and ask "What's going on? Am I playing Vergil to your Dante?" This is a reference to Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy.
- Has platform::Xbox 360 If you have Lily and ED-E as a companion it is possible to recruit him as a third companion. This is also true for Veronica Santangelo. It is also possible to have Rex, Raul and Arcade at the same time. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 After dismissing Arcade as a companion to the Old Mormon Fort, he sometimes becomes un-recruitable again through dialogue. Dismiss your non-humanoid companion (ED-E or Rex) to the Lucky 38/their Home and try Arcade's dialogue again. His follower dialogue will reappear. [已验证]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 After completing For Auld Lang Syne and convincing Arcade to stay in Freeside instead of returning to Freeside he may just wander around the lucky 38 suite unrecruitable and just becomes an information hub until all of his speech options are exhausted. This happens when Arcade is sent to the Lucky 38, then completing For Auld Lang Syne. If you don't want Arcade in the Lucky 38 send him back to the Old Mormon Fort when firing him. This may happen even if he is not fired before completing the quest. [已验证]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 Sometimes he will still be recruitable after completion of For Auld Lang Syne. He will not display a companion screen and will die in casual mode instead of being knocked unconscious, but will still follow the player. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 After completing his quest For Auld Lang Syne, when you talk to him you cannot exit the conversation. In order to exit, you must reload a save. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 There is a way to get Arcade Gannon to still be your follower after For Auld Lang Syne. Be sure to save before you go outside as he can disappear after he gives you the Gannon family Tesla armor, you can follow him out when he is getting his father's armor and then ask him to be your follower again, as many times until it works, you have to pick the option to go back to Freeside as this is the only way he will not be locked in the remnants bunker's command center. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 Sometimes when you don't have any followers, you may ask him to be a follower and he will claim that there is too many people in your party already. Recruiting Rex or ED-E before asking Arcade to join will alter his response tree and get him to accept your offer to join. [已验证]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 Arcade will occasionally die upon fast travel. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 While in combat, explosions may occur around Arcade, and permanently cripple his legs. Trying to use stimpaks and/or doctor's bags will not work, nor does dismissing Arcade as your companion and waiting a considerable amount of time. (after dismissing him you can watch him hobble around at the Old Mormon Fort at Freeside). A possible fix is to change his apparel and get him to attack, this should bring him out of his crippled state. He will also be unable to fast travel with the Courier. Waiting for him to catch up is a possible solution, if you cannot remember where you lost him. [已验证]
- Has platform::PC Sometimes when you enter the Old Mormon Fort, Arcade may become duplicated. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 Sometimes when either non-humanoid companions are in the party when conversing with Arcade the travel together option will not display, dismissing the other companion will allow him to be recruited. [已验证]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 When speaking to Arcade while he is recruited the option to tell him to follow you may not appear. This can be fixed by telling him to wait then telling him to follow you in the companion wheel. [已验证]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 Enemies turned to 'goo piles' by Arcade's plasma pistol will sometimes remain for the entire game. This can be especially annoying as it will take up more memory and possibly lead to lags in FPS. [已验证]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 Sometimes the option to recruit Arcade will not even appear. It is unknown at this time what causes this or why, however, a fix seems to be using EITHER of the two Companion dismissal terminals, located in the Lucky 38 casino right next to the elevator and at the Gun Runners next to the kiosk, then returning to him. Afterwards, the option will appear again.
- Has platform::Xbox One Sometimes when telling Arcade to "wait here," he will be found at Scorpion gulch. It can prove tricky to get to him but the player can use the gulch's walls to climb up.
- Has platform::Xbox 360 When Arcade returns any items the courier has given to him (Due to leaving should the player activate the Archimedes, or at the end of For Auld Lang Syne), it is possible that he will not re-equip his default Followers outfit, leaving him "naked" for the remainder of the game. [已验证]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 Give Arcade a pre-War bonnet to put on & the game rendering messes up. Might happen on other gaming platforms & maybe on different companions but not tested yet. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 Boone will take his Plasma Defender if both are waiting in the Lucky 38. He will use it instead of his hunting rifle, leaving Arcade unarmed. The weapons don't appear on the inventory. A way to fix this bug is by doing the companion glitch with Veronica. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 Sometimes after entering a casino and you hand over your weapons, Arcade will not get his default weapon back (or any you issued him) and will attack with fists (During this glitch I could not issue him another weapon, due to the fact he would equip it and the first time he engaged in combat he would instantly deplete the weapons condition to 0% and drop it saying "This weapon is done for") Not sure if this problem is isolated to the Xbox360. [已验证]
- Has platform::PC Arcade will not use any GRA ranged weapons.
- Has platform::PC Sometimes if Arcade equips a weapon that is placed into his inventory, it will vanish from his inventory after fast-traveling and he will switch back to his Plasma Defender. [已验证]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 Sometimes weapons issued to Arcade such as the Gauss rifle may appear as though they have a full Condition, but after a short battle with one or more enemies the weapon will become completely depleted with no warning except an occasional remark from Arcade about needing a new weapon. To further complicate matters, he will likely discard the depleted weapon, making it difficult or impossible to locate and repair. It is highly recommended that the courier saves the game frequently and checks his inventory often when giving Arcade any rare or named weapons.
- Has platform::PC Arcade might stop following the "stay back" command. This persists on any new or old save file. There is no known fix. [已验证]
- Multiple dialogue lines, including: "There have been some good men along the way, but lovers make poor confidants."
- J.E. Sawyer on Formspring