|關於the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon，參見Chainsaw (GRA)。|
由微型核融电池驱动的链锯需要双手握持才能使用。其庞大的体积和重量被其威慑力所弥补因为它的伤害机制——按住攻击时造成持续的、无视护甲与伤害减免的伤害。Unlike most melee weapons, 在划割時保持按住开关以让锯齿旋转讓敌人变得四分五裂。
The chainsaw can successfully strike about 7995 times from full condition before breaking.
- One can be found in Vault 3, equipped by the Fiends leader, Motor-Runner.
- Can be sometimes bought from Cliff Briscoe in Novac
- The Caesar's Legion blacksmith and Veteran legionaries have a random chance to have a chainsaw equipped.
- It may rarely be used by Viper and Jackal gang members once the Courier is at a high level.
- It can sometimes be purchased at Hoover Dam from Bardon.
- Once in a great while, Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company will also have it for sale.
- It can also be purchased from Mick at Mick & Ralph's occasionally.
- It can sometimes be purchased from the Great Khan armorer.
- One can be found inside the Caesar's Legion safehouse.
- It can be found on some Legionaries at Cottonwood Cove.
- It is carried by centurions during the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.
- Carried by Bonesaw, a unique marked man located in The Divide.
- Often sold by the Gun Runners for roughly 3000 caps.
- This weapon is affected by the Heavyweight perk.
- The chainsaw's V.A.T.S. attack animation is unusual due to the automatic nature of the weapon type. The attack is initiated but the automatic damage is not applied, nor does the target act as if harmed, until the end of the attack when the damage is finally applied. It also has a slight knockback effect.
- The chainsaw, along with the Ripper, is one of two weapons in Fallout: New Vegas that non-player characters use differently than the player character. Rather than using the thrust attack, they use the V.A.T.S.-style slash. This can cause a large amount of damage.
- 这种武器可以用来完成一个叫做Armed For Bear的GRA成就。
- Despite making very loud noise when firing and having a static sound when just wielding, it is considered completely silent by the game, not drawing the attention of NPCs.