Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2, also known as Vagrant Lands, was the canceled sequel to Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. The development started before the release of the first game, and it was almost complete when Interplay laid off most of their employees in 2004.
The plot incorporated some elements from Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios (Caesar's Legion, the Jackals, Nursery), as well as the mutated G.E.C.K. from the canceled Fallout Tactics 2.
In March 2009, the design document for the game, written by Brian Freyermuth (one of the designers of the original Fallout), was leaked.
- Harold - the friendly wandering ghoul
- Stella - the truck stop owner
- Fey - a local farmer
- Cyrus - a Brotherhood paladin
- Haig - a Brotherhood paladin
- Keats - super mutant leader
- Shale - a shady super mutant
- Miles Reese - the main antagonist, who wants to create a New Eden without humans using a mutated G.E.C.K. prototype
- Banshee - leader of the Jackal raiders
- Bulldog - one of the Jackals
- Harry the Rattlemaster
- Harpy - leader of the Twisted Hairs
- Truck Stop
- Lone Star
- Vault 39
- Fort Worth
- The Alamo
- The Corpse