|關於the ghoul in Fallout 2，參見Festus (Fallout 2)。|
Festus is barely operational with centuries of wear and tear. The wooden cabinet holding the robot is falling apart, having been shot several times and water damaged, and the animated rancher himself has also been shot, breaking the front glass window and taking his right arm and right eye. His speaker is also damaged, constantly shifting in quality and volume as the prerecorded lines are played.
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the - perk.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The Legend of the Star: Festus will introduce the legend of the Sunset Sarsaparilla Stars and tell the Courier there is a reward for collecting enough of them.
- A Valuable Lesson: Festus unlocks a door containing the reward for collecting 50 Sunset Sarsaparilla Stars.
- 第一次碰到費斯圖斯，最好说“Pleased to meetcha”，这样就能知道怎么和他说话。
- 如果邮差说“Silly Ol' Advisory”他就会列出一些喝夕阳沙士所导致的严重健康问题。在作出最终回答之前他会让邮差重复两遍“Silly Ol' Advisory”，这可能是因为公司不想让来访者听到这些问题。
如果在對話中選我感到幸運，信使可以和他玩名為Lucky Horseshoes的21點。Festus can be asked for instructions on which buttons perform which action.
- Number cards count as face value.
- There are no face cards (Jacks, Queens, Kings, and Jokers).
- The goal of the game is to get closer to 21 than Festus in order to win the hand.
- Unlike blackjack, going over 21 is not an instant loss.
- Players may draw or hold, however once they hold they are done drawing for that hand.
- If the players are equally close to 21 (for example 17 - 25), the player who got there first has the advantage.
- If a player draws and their new total equals the other player's total, the other player's total is increased (bumped up) by one. This is known as lucky horseshoes, and ensures that ties are not possible.
- A mental tally of the Courier's and Festus' totals must be kept, as Festus does not announce the running totals, except that he will declare when either hand has reached 21.
- Festus is one of the three robots in the game who cannot die. The other two are Yes Man and the Gun Runners' Vendortron.
- The story Festus tells about the origins of Sunset Sarsaparilla conflicts with the information he gives: He mentions that before Sunset Sarsaparilla was invented, the main choices people had for drinking was water or Nuka-Cola. The Nuka-Cola Corporation was founded in the year 2044, but according to the logo of the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters, Sunset Sarsaparilla was founded in 1918, over 125 years before Nuka-Cola was invented.
- 你收集完50个星星瓶盖之后，就不能再和他玩Lucky Horseshoes了。
- After completing Legend of the Star, Festus will begin to tell a completely different version of the star cap origin tale. In this story all major events are mostly the same as the first time, but some happen in a different order (for example, the bar owner receives the recipe before he hears news of the stranger's death).
- "Howdy partner, welcome to the headquarters of the Sunset Sasparilla company. Wrangle up a stool and listen to ol' Festus jaw awhile."
- "Ah, new to the hunt, are you? Well listen carefully, as ol' Festus don't want to repeat himself."
- "Why are these stars there, and what do they mean? Nobody knows! Except maybe ol' Festus, Hee Hee."
- "Woohoo, you did it partner! Bully for you! Ol' Festus knew you could do it. I suppose you'll be wanting that prize now."
- "We at the Sunset Sarsaparilla Company would once again like to thank you for your patronage."
- "Excessive ingestion of Sarsaparilla can lead to deleterious effects including, but not limited to: kidney damage, nausea, digital numbness, anxiety, loss of visual acuity, dizziness, occasional nosebleeds, joint inflammation, tooth decay, sore throat, bronchitis, organ rupture and halitosis."
Festus appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- Has platform::Xbox 360 Sometimes when entering the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters a loud metal crashing noise can be heard (like when a robot crashes to the floor), due to Festus having turned 180 or 45 degrees to face the wall. Interaction is still possible even though the player character will only be able to see the back panel. He may eventually turn back if you re-enter. [已核实]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 It is possible to knock him unconscious with the Golden Gloves or boxing tape. If done so you cannot speak to him and he will not regain consciousness. If you do kill him you can walk through him. [已核实]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 Sometimes, when entering dialogue, the words may skip to the next line. The next lines will also skip until you are ready to talk. [已核实]