While Mr. House was bringing civilization to the Vegas tribes during his takeover of Vegas, one such tribe on the outskirts of The Strip refused his offers of reform. In a building in Freeside, a young scavenger from the tribe had unearthed strange paraphernalia about people who worshipped an ancient, black-coiffed deity of considerable style and singing talent, known as "The King".
As if divinely inspired, the scavenger took on the name and appearance of The King for himself, along with a new philosophy of respect and personal freedom. His words awed the rest of the tribe, who also began to call themselves Kings and dress in a style similar to the pre-War King- denim, hair gel, and leather. The robotic dog Rex also wandered his way into Freeside, and was adopted by The King, living alongside the rest of the tribe at The King's School of Impersonation, their headquarters in Freeside.
Since those earlier days, the Kings have grown to become the dominant force of Freeside, fiercely independent from New Californian Republic or House rule. However, with the strife in the rest of the Mojave, NCR squatters have begun moving into the Kings' territory backed by the NCR, who the King sees as being a potential threat- "The devil in disguise".
国王帮声称自由城归他们所有。为了赚钱，貓王帮提供保镖服务并且甚至会把你的水壶灌满——当然是要花钱的。除了这些“服务”之外，貓王帮成员大多数遵循严格的骑士准则。They try to keep peace and order in the streets and do what they can to help the Freeside community. Kings members will assist in fights against any thugs or attackers that attack civilians (or the Courier), and will sometimes offer rewards to the player if his actions have helped Freeside.
By all accounts they are respected throughout Freeside, as interactions with the Followers of the Apocalypse make clear.
The missions accepted by the player will decide the Kings' future relations with all who visit the Strip. Even the New California Republic will eventually have to deal with the Kings, in one way or another.
The leader, known only as The King, is currently facing challenges, as the NCR appears to be threatening their territory. Squatters that followed the NCR east are thought by the Kings and most all Vegas outside the Strip, to be a drain on already over-taxed resources.
有些成员，比如皮瑟，与当地其他团体频繁发生冲突。and he may have an addiction or "Heart problem" as his root cause.
Once cleared by Pacer, The King can be approached and開啟另一个任务“Nothin' But a Hound Dog”中，要求玩家帮助貓王的狗狗雷克斯。The King always speaks well about his feelings for Pacer.
貓王帮成员装备了.357口径玛格南左轮手枪、10毫米冲锋枪或者10毫米手枪。身上装备Jailhouse Rocker、 Memphis Kid outfit和 Kings outfit。赛乔作为特殊成员拥有一把名为菲加罗的武器。Like most grunts of minor factions, Kings gang members are absolutely no match for NCR troopers, due to their low damage per shot and lack of armor.
The Kings reside in a large building in the center of Freeside. They also run the water pump installed by Bill Ronte of the Followers of the Apocalypse. However, they have drawn the ire of the Followers as they use the pump as a way of bullying NCR civilians, as they charge them twice as much to use it.
- Talking to a King after completing the quest Nothin' But a Hound Dog will cause the Kings to occasionally say "Hey, isn't that the King's dog?" even if you don't have Rex with you.
- The Kings will ask you if you are looking to join the Kings, even if you're already a member.
- A slight continuity error can occur during the ending slides. The NCR victory says that Freeside was annexed, but if tensions with the NCR were eased non-violently it is said that the Kings maintained the independence of Freeside.
On occasion, members of the Kings will say some remarks due to your companion, karma, or reputation.
- Craig Boone - "That friend of yours NCR? He looks like he's NCR."
- Veronica Santangelo - "Your girl's kinda cute, but not my type at all. I don't go for smart chicks."
- Rex - "Hey, isn't that the King's dog?"
- ED-E - "Huh. Nice robot. You with the Followers or something?"
- Arcade Gannon - "I see you've hired a Follower doctor. Smart move, Freeside being what it is."
- Cass - "Hellooo, cowgirl! You mind if talk to your lady friend a bit instead of you?"
- Raul Tejada - "Nice to see a human palling around with a ghoul. I see a lot of people around here avoid them."
- Lily Bowen - "Whoa. That's a whole lotta mutant you got with you there. Still, long as it doesn't cause trouble it's all good."
The Kings appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.