|“||Novac? Nice enough place I suppose... but between you and me - when I rolled into town my skin started to itch. Watch yourself.||”|
在核爆之前這裡是95號國道旁供加油及休息的小村莊。Presently, the faded, cracked concrete and peeling buildings give the sense of depression; indeed, Novac is little more than a lonely desert highway motel, a small Brahmin ranch and multiple surrounding buildings that have been fortified for the protection of its inhabitants. Watching over them is the landmark of the area: a giant dinosaur statue named "Dinky" biting off the top of "The World's (2nd) Largest Thermometer." The interior of Dinky also serves as the settlement center (a converted gift shop from pre-War times, with a sniper's nest in Dinky's mouth).
Dinky is the "attraction" that drew in tourists from both post and pre-War. Most of the locals are friendly folk, though most aren't trusting of outsiders. They appreciate the protection of the NCR, but are afraid of what's going on at the REPCONN test site up the road. The local law enforcement, Ranger Andy, is unable to investigate due to an injury, and periodic intrusions by feral ghouls and the odd Viper from the hideout down the road. Novac relies on the water merchants that frequent it.
諾瓦克的住宅區有不少房子，包括了旅館老闆娘的家，養牛專業戶麥克布萊德的家，「毫髮無損」的小黑屋，以及一些其他村民的房子。There are 3 bungalows inside the motel compound as well, where Ranger Andy and Cliff Briscoe live, with one of the bungalows being boarded up.
旅館南邊跨過馬路是一個破加油站，有不少閑置零件，還有一個工作台，一個子彈裝填檯子。The closest campfire is a modest distance to the northwest: from the motel head northwest, passing the water tower. About an equal distance beyond the water tower you will see a small radio tower on a hill; the campfire is in a cave just beyond that.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine ，遊騎兵安迪家的床上。
- Bill of sale: the evidence to complete Boone's recruiting quest. Found in the safe at Dino Dee-lite front desk.
- 1st Recon beret: quest reward.
- Some Jet and Med-X, and a dose of Hydra can be stolen from an unoccupied upper-floor motel room.
- Cass states that when she first saw Novac from a distance, she thought Dinky the T-Rex was a giant gecko.
- 「Novac」這個名字的來歷和輻射3里的「斷橋鎮」以及「匹(茲堡)」是類似的。都是原有單詞字母脫落造成的怪詞。諾瓦克原來的牌子上寫的是「NO VACANCY 」（客滿），結果風吹日晒雨淋的，後面的4個字母掉了，就成了「NOVAC 」。
- A pair of dead Recruit Legionaries are farther down the road next to a burnt out car, close to Toxic dump site.
- After completing One for My Baby for Craig Boone, the body of the NPC that is chosen to be shot will remain in front of Dinky and not disappear.
- 與多數莫哈維荒原上的城鎮不同, 諾瓦克並不是真實存在的地方。除了遊戲中的95號國道，現實中還有內華達州165號公路經過此處通往尼爾森，除此之外這裡甚麼都沒有。然而此地有著最大的地標來自貝克和主題樂園藝術家Claude Bell創作的恐龍雕像 ，暴龍丁基像極了Claude Bell恐龍中的暴龍先生。
- Novac was the first cell developers constructed, because it is better to not build tutorials around areas that will end up being destroyed, also because of game engine fluctuations.
- pc ps3 xbox360 If you push Manny Vargas or Boone onto the teeth of the dinosaur and then do a Ranger Takedown on him, he will fall off of the dinosaur, and then fly back up, creating humorous results.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- pc ps3 After the 1.6 patch, sections of the motel will not load properly, leaving working doors hanging in empty space.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- xbox360 Items stored in the player's hotel room, in the wardrobe & footlocker etc., can be lost with the original junk contents replacing them.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- ↑ Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide
For body text sans water merchants, see page 410, first paragraph under [5.18].
- ↑ Novac settler: "If it weren't for the water caravans, Novac would've turned to dust a long time ago."
- ↑ baby_goat: nevada/utah/colorado/wyoming/montana trip '09: the post
- ↑ JE Sawyer on Formspring JE Sawyer on Youtube
- ↑ Motel load section bug