|關於other characters named James，參見James。|
Though he denies it, James is also an alleged closet robot fetishist. With a Speech of 40, talking to James about Fisto after the quest, Wang Dang Atomic Tango will result in some humorous dialogue.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Booze|
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.||
- Wang Dang Atomic Tango: James asks the Courier to find him some strange escorts for his hotel.
- Talent Pool: James also needs to be convinced to let go of Hadrian's contract so he could work at The Aces in The Tops.
- Big Winner, Atomic Wrangler: After winning 5,000 chips from gambling at the Atomic Wrangler, James gets fed up and doesn't allow you to gamble there anymore.
- Friend of the Followers: If the Followers of the Apocalypse fix the Garrets' stills, James Garret will donate supplies to them.
- Long-Term Care: James will give Med-X to the Followers in exchange for some knowledge.
- After completing "Wang Dang Atomic Tango", it is revealed that James has a sexual interest in robots.
- If the Courier is attacked by Benny's bodyguards during Ring-a-Ding-Ding!, he will compliment the Courier on beating "Benny's goon squad" and give you a free bottle of liquor.
- If the occupants of the Wrangler are killed, bar James, attempting to talk to him will result in him talking in a drunken slur and the player character will not be able to engage in dialogue with him again.
- If the Courier goes behind the counter both Garrets will go after the Courier but never attack, just warning the Courier to go away.
- If he can't be found at the bar any time the player character visits the casino, he may be found sleeping in his room in third floor, behind an average locked door.
James Garret appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.