No different than any other raider gang, the Scorpions are primarily composed of petty upstarts, that make caps through small-time chem peddling. Mostly preying on the residents of Westside, the Scorpions operate out of a crumbling budget hotel, the Monte Carlo Suites. Led by Yvette, they regularly fight with but lose to, the local Fiends.
Scorpion gangers are usually armed with guns such as 10mm pistols, sawed-off shotguns, or 10mm submachine guns. They also hold weak melee weapons such as switchblades or lead pipes. At least one of them in the suites will be wielding a Ripper. They almost always wear merc cruiser outfits.
Interactions with the player character
- Members of the gang will attack the Courier on sight. They are also fairly cowardly; fellow members will often flee if they witness large numbers of their comrades being killed. They continue to hide inside the building until the Courier kills them.
- In The White Wash, the Courier can tell Carrie Boyd that the Scorpions were responsible for Corporal White's death.
- At some point in development, Yvette, the gang leader, would have been the source of an optional, unmarked quest to aid the gang in obtaining "a steady supply of ammunition from the NCR quartermaster at Camp McCarran." This quest was never fully implemented, but some resources related to it remain, in particular, a note titled "Ammunition for the Scorpions."
- Several gang members spawn in a room with a locked door. If the lock is broken, they can be sealed in permanently (unless one has the Infiltrator perk).
- Scorpion gang members will not respawn after being killed, so once the gang is wiped out, they are permanently eliminated from the game.
- Scorpion gang members seem to get bullied and harassed by the Fiends based off of what Klamath Bob says about them.
The Scorpions only appear in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "Tell me about the Scorpions."
Klamath Bob: "Not much to tell. Typical gang of dumb bullies and angry nobodies. They're holed up a bit south of here, in the Monte Carlo Suites. They think they're tough, but any time they tangle with the Fiends, they get torn right up."
(Klamath Bob's dialogue)
- The Courier: "Can you tell me about Westside?"
Klamath Bob: "Well, things aren't great here, but I've seen a lot worse. We've got the Fiends to the south of us, and that ain't good. The Scorpions hang out at the Monte Carlo when they aren't slinging chems or getting their heads blown off by the Fiends."
(Klamath Bob's dialogue)