The Courier can sell him drugs from their own supply (Jet, Psycho, etc.) for 20 caps (or 22 caps with a Barter check of 65) by passing the Speech check at the entrance of Vault 3 with the Fiend at the door. 22 caps is the most that it is possible to receive from selling the drugs, which are valued at 20, with the exception of one instance involving Ricky.
Meeting the following requirements will make it possible to teach Jack recipes for chems:
Passing a Speech check of 66 with Jack, or a Barter check of 50 with Diane, will convince them to expand their business and start making more medicinal chems. This opens up two more recipes to teach Jack:
Passing each individual skill check results in 50 XP as well as Great Khan fame. The player can then request caps or drugs as thanks, resulting in either 50 caps or one each of Jet and Psycho. Declining a reward will instead yield positive Karma. This is repeated each time the player teaches Jack a new recipe. Once Jack is taught a recipe, he will begin to stock that item for purchase.
- When entering the room that Motor-Runner is in for the first time, he will automatically engage in dialog with you. This is your once and only time to engage in direct dialog with him, as once you finish you cannot engage in dialog with him again. In order to complete the quest Aba Daba Honeymoon, it is recommended you acquire the package from Diana to be delivered to Motor-Runner first, then go speak with Motor-Runner for the first time.
- If Motor-Runner is killed before this quest is received, it will automatically fail. However, you can still perform the first part (find Anders) and receive the caps or Turbo recipe as a reward.
- Once the player gets into the Vault safely by wearing Great Khan armor, the Fiends will remain friendly even if the player removes their armor. They will remain friendly if the player leaves and returns to the Vault later.
- Motor-Runner has a Speech check (25) that leads to a little bit of Vault 3 background.
- After the Courier enters Vault 3, passes the Speech checks, and delivers the drugs to Motor-Runner, it is possible to kill Motor-Runner after giving him the drugs, but before returning to Jack and Diane without failing the mission. The Fiends within the immediate area will become hostile, but those in the Vault who did not actually see them turn hostile will still be passive, provided the initial Speech check at the entrance was successful.
- If the unmarked quest Bounty Killer is already active and the Courier has talked to Bryce Anders about killing Motor-Runner, then Motor-Runner will initiate combat when the Courier enters the room. Wearing Khan faction armor will not prevent this.
Behind the scenes编辑
- Aba Daba Honeymoon was a popular song that was written and published by Arthur Fields and Walter Donovan in 1914 and first recorded by Collins & Harlan.
- Still in the Dark and you have already came and got the Reverse Pulse Cleaner from Vault 3 without making the Fiends or Motor-Runner enemies, then Motor-Runner will give only normal Fiend greetings instead of the greeting for the package. [已核实] If you have started
If you killed Don Hostetler's wife, or she has died through other means, then you will be unable to deliver the Mildly Suspicious Package to him for Diane. Rather than starting dialog, he will merely say "I should kill you, right here, for what you've done". [已核实]
- Player (console commands) workaround here
If you talk to Jack first, you can immediately teach him all the recipes, this however will result in the quest being stuck. Teaching Jack the first 3 recipes before speaking to Diane does not bug the quest. [已核实]
- Console command> setstage 001403cb 60 (this will complete the quest and teach you the new move)
- addtopic AndersFree into the console, then talking to him again. This is possibly due to not starting the side quest Oh My Papa, where you need to return Anders as proof. [已核实] For unknown reasons, the dialogue option to cut down Anders from the crucifix won't show. PC users can fix this by entering
- I Put a Spell on You active at the same time as Aba Daba Honeymoon may cause the Fiends to disallow all entrance to the vault. This occurred after trying to enter and avoiding the speech check and then activating Aba Daba Honeymoon while I Put a Spell on You was also active. The Fiends just inside the door have no dialog options, display as hostile, yet will not attack until the player tries to walk by them. It is preceded by the Khans becoming hostile for no apparent reason unless wearing their uniform (regardless of reputation they are still hostile without the outfit, but display as friendly). [已核实] Having
- After delivering the drugs to Don Hostetler, Diane will not inquire about the delivery the first time you engage her(saying goodbye and talking to her a second time should fix this). [已核实]
- If you enter Vault 3 before starting the quest and sell Motor-Runner chems from your own supply and have told Colonel Hsu that you will kill Motor-Runner then begin the quest, Motor-Runner will not open a dialogue box preventing you from selling the highly suspicious package rendering the quest incapable of being completed. [已核实]
- Starting this quest after starting the unmarked quest to kill Motor-Runner makes it impossible to complete. No dialogue is possible with Motor-Runner after getting the note to kill him from Hsu, making it impossible to sell the suspicious package. You must do this quest first before ever talking to Hsu. [已核实]
- If the mission Still in The Dark was completed and you just went on a rampage in the Vault 3 and left, then attempted this mission the radar indicates Jack is hostile but you can still talk to him as if he isn't. The dialogue received is "I was just leaving now" and the mission ends. [已核实]
- If you exhaust all dialog options before approaching him for the Aba Daba Honeymoon he may have no dialog and simply respond like any other Fiend in the vault rendering the quest unable to be completed. [已核实]
- If you enter the vault before starting Aba Daba Honeymoon, do not pass the speech check, and exit the vault, the Fiend by the vault entrance will not engage in dialog with you, even if you are wearing Great Khan faction armor. This will make it impossible for the Fiend by the vault entrance to tell the other Fiends to not attack you, and you will have to fight your way to Motor-Runner. [已核实]
- Great Khans gang members may spawn with you when fast traveling to Crimson Caravan Company during the Aba Daba Honeymoon quest. Fighting and possibly killing non-player characters like Blake inside the camp. [已核实] It is possible
- Motor-Runner in conversation, and then leave. Returning when attempting the quest, will result in Motor-Runner having no dialog options to complete the quest. Killing Motor-Runner will remove the mildly suspicious package from your inventory. [已核实]
If you enter Vault 3 without having started the Aba Daba Honeymoon quest, kill all the Fiends, engage
- If, for whatever reason, Motor-Runner simply responds with 'what are you doing here' and has no helpful dialog options, there is a player (console commands) workaround - setstage 00140c3b 60. This will advance the quest to completion, but you can still go to Diane, accept your reward, learn the Khan Trick, and complete the quest as normal.
- Occasionally, if you fail the quest, the package (which ever one you have) will stay with you being an irremovable quest item. [已核实]
- Motor-Runner before ending the quest may result in your reputation with the Great Khans is lowered. This can be fixed by reloading a previous save. [已核实] Sometimes, killing
For unknown reasons, after delivering the package to Don Hostetler, Diane will inquire about the delivery but no dialog option will appear to confirm this. [已核实]
- Sometimes equipping legion armor makes the dialog option appear.