苏维埃社会主义共和国联盟（英文名：Union of Soviet Socialist Republics），通常被称为苏联（英文名：Soviet Union）或简称为USSR，是大战前存在的主要大国之一。
到了21世纪，中国取代了欧盟作为超级大国的地位，使它的共产主义兄弟黯然失色。However, the two communist powers were considered natural allies by the United States and thus a threat: After the outbreak of the Sino-American War, the possibility of a joint nuclear first strike by the USSR and China under orders from Chairman Cheng was considered as a viable option by defense analysts. 俄罗斯的人类突变实验也对美国“启发”了类似的努力。
然而，到2077年，两国关系有所改善。作为一个名义上的共产主义国家，苏联仍然被美国军方认为是一个潜在的敌人，企业的宣传诋毁苏联是一个强迫劳役营和间谍试图获取国家机密的地方。 共产主义的宣传也经常向美国广播。然而，苏联公民也可以公开移民到美国。 虽然存在文化鸿沟，但苏联公民被普遍接受，特别是在有组织犯罪方面。事实上，他们的关系非常密切，以至于在中美戰爭期间，一位来自洛杉矶领事馆的苏联外交官被接纳为13号避难所的居住者，并因此在消灭了包括苏联在内的大部分人类文明的战争中幸存下来。
《辐射》、《辐射3》、《辐射:新维加斯》、《辐射4》、《辐射76》及其更新Wild Appalachia和Wastelanders，以及《辐射战略版》都提到了苏联。 The country's remains were meant to appear in 14° East's canceled Fallout Extreme, as the Cause made their way into China. 这个地区可能是俄国哥萨克人的居住地。
- 在《辐射76》中，麥林托克營爱国主义训练营的大楼上有一个标志，上面写着苏联的锤子和镰刀被刺伤。 一幅海报描绘了类似的情况，只是用一个投票站代替了刀。
- In Wild Appalachia, a top-secret Soviet spy ring was planned for inclusion. The player character would find a Soviet Mr. Handy and complete Mission: Accessible, a training program that would prepare them for secret operations for "Mother Russia."
- For the history of the Soviet Union, see Wikipedia for details.
- Museum of Technology placard: "This is the actual skeleton of Captain Carl Bell who died on May 5, 1961 after his Space Capsule crash landed. Captain Bell is credited as being the first human in space on board the Space Capsule Defiance 7, but this has been constantly refuted by both the Soviet Union and China. Defiance 7's fight lasted for a total of 12 minutes and 7 seconds as it achieved one full revolution around the Earth. Donated by Edwina Bell."
- For reference, Yuri Gagarin became the first human in space on April 12, 1961, and the Vostok 1 flight was completed with his safe return to Earth.
- HELIOS One terminal entries; terminal, "Can I Tell Him?"
- The Switchboard terminal entries; research terminal, > 2067 Jun 19
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.85: "Michael Masters
Michael Masters was an esteemed electronic and biological engineer before the bombs dropped. He doesn't remember much of the first years after D.C. was destroyed, but he does remember his human life and resents his Ghoulish nature (though he does appreciate the gift of longevity). He was extremely intelligent and jovial in his old life, but living as a Ghoul has made him very pessimistic and angry at the world. He sees his Ghoulness as a karmic curse, because he was attempting to keep America at the forefront of human mutation experiments, breeding super-warriors after being inspired by the work of the German, Russian, and Chinese doctors."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- Wastewater treatment plant terminal entries; manager's terminal, Reply from City Treasurer
- Pioneer Scout camp terminal entries; Pioneer badge exam terminal, Codebreaker
- Pioneer Scout camp terminal entries; Pioneer badge exam terminal, Rail Enthusiast
- Vault Dweller: "Who is Lev, and why would he do this?"
Lou: "He's just some Soviet former mobster jagoff. He and his crew joined up with us a while back. You probably saw him hanging around the Crater Core? Liked to think of himself as Meg's number two, but I don't think she thought the same. Dunno why he did what he did. Maybe just hates ghouls. Maybe hates the rest of Meg's gang. Maybe both. I'll 'member to ask him next time he tries to kill me."
- Vault Dweller: "How did you end up here?"
Lev: "From Russia, before the war. But I like it here. Americans are so soft. Such easy prey."
- Nobody ever considers Lev's Soviet origins a problem, unlike Mochou's.
- Eddie Winter holotape 0
- Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Page 3-2: Natalia Dubrovhsky's biography: "The granddaughter of a Soviet Union diplomat from the Los Angeles Consulate, Natalia is of Russian descent. She is a very talented acrobat, with excellent coordination and reflexes. High intelligence and resourcefulness coupled with a natural curiosity towards the outside world make her a perfect candidate for seeking out the water chip. The dwellers will certainly feel safer, as Natalia's childhood was rife with problems understanding personal property laws."
- File:FO3OA Shocksword texture file.jpg
- Patriotism Training sign
- Voting booth smashing a red and yellow hammer and sickle insignia
- Svetlana: "Congratulations, comrade! You are now top notch secret agent. I look forward to seeing what you do for Mother Russia."
Note: This comment would have played upon completion of the cut quest Mission: Accessible.