|“||Engaging Red Chinese aggressors.||”|
自由至尊號于2277年被鋼鐵兄弟會在大本營找到。Its total restoration was due to the assistance of Dr. Madison Li, who solved Prime's power issues in the year 2277. After its destruction at the Satellite relay station in the same year it remained in disrepair until 2287, where it is then in the process of being restored to assist the Brotherhood division in Boston.
Liberty Prime is a formidable combat robot that is currently in the possession of the Brotherhood of Steel. 自由至尊號原本目的是為美國軍隊收復阿拉斯加的安克雷奇, from the Red Chinese during the Sino-American War of 2072。It is programmed to deliver a mixture of patriotic propaganda messages and incredible firepower to ensure victory. Although it could still have been deployed, its combat subroutines weren't online during the war. All it would be able to do is step on the Chinese troops, according to a letter from Dr. Bloomfield to General Chase found in the Citadel laboratory terminal entries.
自由至尊號需要大量的電源來操作，雖然五角大廈具備先進的高端科技，但Brotherhood of Steel was unable to provide the necessary amount of power.隨後在梨博士的援助下，最終解決了這個問題。
Liberty Prime was the Brotherhood's trump card against the Enclave, and was revealed when it marched on Project Purity where it was used to effortlessly destroy the Enclave defenders entrenched there. For two weeks afterward, Liberty Prime helped the Brotherhood prevail in the war against the Enclave, but was eventually destroyed by an orbital warhead bombardment at the Enclave-held satellite relay station. Liberty Prime's remains were recovered by the Brotherhood of Steel and, though it would take months or years to do so, the Brotherhood set about rebuilding and upgrading it. Meanwhile, Rothchild immediately began work on rebuilding Prime, hoping to restore him to working condition. Ten years later, in 2287 the project was still far from being completed, as the Brotherhood lacked crucial components necessary for him to operate. When Elder Arthur Maxson realized that the Institute can be tracked down and confronted in the Commonwealth, Prime's components were loaded onto the Prydwen and brought along for the campaign. A special gantry was constructed in the ruins of the Boston Airport, to assemble the war machine under Proctor Ingram's orders - as long as the Brotherhood would be able to find the missing parts.
自由至尊號的頭部裝備了鐳射武器，單發就能消滅不少敵人，which are similar to shots fired from a Tesla cannon. 它背後裝置的核彈還可以自行向敵人投擲，其供應取之不盡，用之不竭，而且威力相當於迷你核彈的好幾倍。自由至尊號巨大的體型和武器裝備的實力足以證明：它可以將擋在前面的任何東西撕成碎片……即使是用腳踩。Prime is immune to all kinds of conventional attacks, being able to withstand barrage of mini nukes with no damage and is able defeat energy barriers simply by walking into them, although he will sometimes grab them and rip them down. Finally, 為了激發它的盟友和分化瓦解敵人，它還會不斷喊出各種口號as well as declaring that "American democracy cannot be defeated"。Like most of the robots in the game it seems unaware that any time has passed between 2077 and the present or, more accurately, that any cataclysmic or world-changing events have transpired.
When Liberty Prime is brought back online at the Boston Airport in 2287 after his destruction in the line of duty, the Brotherhood of Steel has already implemented several upgrades to his systems, including an almost complete redesign of his limbs and arms which has replaced old liquid-feed hydraulic systems with electromagnetic actuators. They have therefore designated him as 'Mk. II', a designation he has willingly accepted into his programming. Other changes include his eye laser - which now fires a single massive red beam instead of a salvo of blue beams - as well as a lifetime supply of more modern Mark 28 nuclear bombs for Prime to hurl at his enemies after completing the quest Liberty Reprimed. The latter he now does with markedly increased frequency to the point where Prime almost completely foregoes the use of his eye laser in favor of his nukes, which he tosses at pretty much anything he considers a target, even if it is just a lonely raider toting a base pipe pistol. Liberty Prime MK II also demonstrates a significantly greater understanding of battlefield tactics than his predecessor; switching from a land-based route to an amphibious assault during his attack on the Institute whereas before he only demonstrated the capacity to overcome straightforward obstacles such as energy barriers. Prime was also able to correctly deduce that the Institute was a subterranean complex and utilized his laser weapon to bore a tunnel directly into the Institute. However, it is unknown whether Prime was always capable of performing such complex maneuvers or if they were installed by the Brotherhood as part of his MK II refit. Together, these changes easily make Liberty Prime the most powerful NPC in Fallout 4 as he is capable of killing almost any enemy at any level with only one or two attacks. Since he is entirely immune to his own weaponry, and well aware of the fact, he has no qualms about using his nukes at point-blank range, should he find himself faced with enemies milling around his feet. In such a case he displays complete disregard for any collateral damage to his allies, who are therefore advised to maintain a healthy distance from the massive robot at all times. Other than that, not much has changed in Prime's overall behavior - he still believes he is fighting for the liberation of Anchorage from Chinese forces and continues to broadcast anti-communist propaganda slogans in the most thunderous way possible while he carves an irradiated swath through the incinerated remains of his enemies.
Interactions with the player character编辑
- Take it Back!: The Brotherhood of Steel, with the help of Dr. Li, manages to fix the power issues with the robot. With the pressing need to reclaim Project Purity, Elder Lyons orders Prime deployed without proper testing. Liberty Prime makes its way to the Jefferson Memorial, while destroying Enclave energy barriers, Vertibirds and troops. Once there, Liberty Prime assists the Brotherhood in guarding the Memorial's entrance, after taking down the force field surrounding it. The giant robot will then remain there for the duration of the quest.
- Death From Above: 自由至尊號加入獨行者針對衛星中繼站的戰鬥，及通過石地行車隧道進入英克雷的基地。在英克雷摧毀隧道，嚴重損壞的自由至尊號從廢墟中爬出，並啟動自毀序列，以防其被捕獲。它的頭，雙腳以及看似前臂的結構後來被帶回大本營，Similar to Deputy Weld, 它的頭可以被啟動，會說一些口號短語，但是很雜亂。
- Getting Ready for Prime Time: 在斷鋼主線任務的結論中，羅切爾德學士指出，兄弟會將重建自由至尊號，但可能需要幾個月甚至幾年。He then asks for the player character's help in scavenging sensor modules and cameras to assist in the rebuilding process.
- Liberty Reprimed: Upon returning to Proctor Ingram after Outside the Wire, it is revealed that the Brotherhood of Steel is reconstructing Liberty Prime, who was destroyed in the war against the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland. The Sole Survivor is asked to help restore Liberty Prime to his former glory, in order to help the Brotherhood fight the Institute.
- Spoils of War: With Liberty Prime almost ready, the Sole Survivor is tasked with recovering a beryllium agitator in order to power him up. The Sole Survivor is to travel to the Mass Fusion building with Proctor Ingram to get the agitator.
- Ad Victoriam: With Liberty Prime fully operational, the Brotherhood of Steel is ready to launch their assault on the Institute. The Sole Survivor is to follow Liberty Prime to the C.I.T. ruins, and put an end to the Institute.
- Airship Down: After the Institute and Sole Survivor has dealt with the Railroad in End of the Line, the Institute will initiate their final assault against the Brotherhood of Steel. To take down the Prydwen, the Institute created a computer virus that will reprogram Liberty Prime's targeting system. After they push back the heavy resistance and the computer virus is uploaded, Liberty Prime will target the Prydwen as an aerial communist incursion and shoot the airship down. The wreckage of the Prydwen subsequently lands on Boston Airport, destroying both the Brotherhood outpost and Liberty Prime.
- It is the "technological marvel" mentioned in the Brotherhood's faction profile, and the unknown "super weapon" referenced in the "Development of Super Weapon Confirmed" Capitol Post article that appears in terminals at the Capitol Post building and the Citadel.
- There is a heart painted on one side of its head.
- If the Lone Wanderer watches Liberty Prime as it is being lifted out of the Citadel lab, Liberty Prime will hit the wall of the Citadel, subsequently causing a loud "thud" sound and dislodging some pieces of the wall.
- Although the player character may hear it make comments about the liberation of Anchorage, Liberty Prime never actually appears in the Operation: Anchorage add-on.
- Liberty Prime is mentioned in Operation: Anchorage.
- Liberty Prime's death animation in Fallout 3 bears a striking similarity to Frank Horrigan's from Fallout 2.
- After Broken Steel is completed, you can find Liberty Prime's head on the table in the Citadel lab. However, upon returning to the satellite relay station where he was destroyed, you can still find his head there.
- Although it is said that he is programmed to attack super mutants, he will not attack the super mutant companion Fawkes. However, if Fawkes is fired on in the area of Liberty Prime, Prime will fire upon the super mutant.
- Despite being an anti-communist super-weapon, the symbol on his right shoulder shows a striking resemblance to the Korean People's Army Air Force (North Korean Air Force) roundel.
- The impact data set for Liberty Prime's weaponry is available as legacy content in Fallout: New Vegas, available for use in the G.E.C.K.
- When Liberty Prime is reconstructed in Fallout 4 it lacks the chest, abdomen, leg and shoulder armor which was present in its previous appearance.
- If the Sole Survivor sides with the Brotherhood, Liberty Prime will be found patrolling Boston Airport after the endgame.
- During Ad Victoriam, when Liberty Prime reaches Bunker Hill he recognizes it as a memorial site and engages "patriotism subroutines", pausing to salute while saying "honoring the fallen is the duty of every red-blooded American."
- In Fallout 4, it is possible to target Liberty Prime in V.A.T.S.. Liberty Prime, however, is immune to any form of damage, much like in Fallout 3. As well, he never turns hostile against the player if shot at.
- Despite being immune to all forms of damage, in Fallout 4, he has a death animation. Upon death, he will fall onto his knees and then spring forward after a few seconds.
- In Fallout 4, if the Sole Survivor turns on the Brotherhood of Steel after completing their storyline, and then takes down the Prydwen during With Our Powers Combined, Liberty Prime will actually survive the fight against the Minutemen.
- The Sole Survivor can be trampled underfoot if they are in his path.
Many of its quotes give reference to '50s and '60s anti-communist slogans, made to be more specific to China.
Liberty Prime appears in Fallout 3, its add-on Broken Steel, Fallout 4 and is mentioned in the Operation: Anchorage and Automatron add-ons. Liberty Prime also appears in Fallout: The Board Game, where the Brotherhood of Steel may send him out to take out Project Purity during the Capital Wasteland scenario, ending the game.
Behind the scenes编辑
- According to an interview in 1UP, Emil Pagliarulo denied any intentional relation between Liberty Prime and Optimus Prime. Pagliarulo admitted he could have made the reference subconsciously.
- In the early parts of development of Fallout 3, Liberty Prime was supposed to be larger than seen in game, and the player character was going to ride inside of its head during the final battle.
- The G.E.C.K. lists a cut quest called "Infiltration" which was situated between The American Dream and Take it Back! and had the player stealing a power source from Rivet City to power Liberty Prime.
- Liberty Prime throws football-shaped mini-nukes as if it were a quarterback. This pays homage to "The Nuclear Football", which is a term used to refer to the briefcase containing the launch codes for America's nuclear arsenal, with the president as the football's "quarterback".
- Liberty Prime's head design strongly echoes Gort, the powerful robotic protector from the 1951 anti-nuclear-war science-fiction movie The Day the Earth Stood Still. Both robots share a powerful beam attack from their visor-like "eyes".
- ps3 pc xbox360 Liberty Prime often gets stuck. Although the most common places for this glitch is on the left side of the highway when heading to retake the purifier at the Jefferson Memorial, and on the first large bridge the Lone Wanderer crosses. 表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- pc If all else fails, you may be able to fix this by selecting Liberty Prime in the console and typing "moveto player".
- pc xbox360 If you kill Vargas at any point in the game before starting Take it Back!, Liberty Prime will stay immobile, preventing the player from continuing the quest line. 表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- pc The only way to fix this issue is using the console command: player.placeatme 0001d44e 1 to respawn Paladin Vargas and proceed with the quest.
- xbox360 It is possible to get around this by baiting Liberty Prime into chasing after you by attacking BoS initiates.
- ps3 Liberty Prime may launch into the air and remain there. The best way to solve this is to wait (real time). If this fails, the player may need to reload the previous auto save. 表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- ps3 xbox360 If the Lone Wanderer manages to get far enough ahead of Prime when it is attacking Enclave forces, it is possible for the player character to be killed by its attacks. 表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- ps3 If the Lone Wanderer manages to get too far ahead of Liberty Prime before it disables the first "force field", Liberty Prime may stop walking across the first bridge after shutting down the first "force field." 表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
xboxone Liberty Prime often stops right before the body of water on the way to the Institute. 表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- ↑ Dialogue during activation at Boston Airport: "Designation: Liberty Prime Mark II. Mission: The liberation of Anchorage, Alaska."
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
- ↑ Decrypted/Transcribed Volume 99x17x320
- ↑ Fallout 3 Afterthoughts:
“ In the original plan, he was going to be massive, and the player was going to ride in his head, anime style. ”