|“||Welcome sir or madam, do you wish to purchase something?||”|
Vendortron is a protectron that sells weapons and ammo for the Gun Runners. 为了防止被偷被抢，它所在的房子是军火贩子在他周围直接建起来的。As such, the Vendortron and its stock are invulnerable.
The store has five inventory tiers (the inventory is random and may not include all weapons listed below):
- Tier 1 (player level 1): silenced .22 pistol, varmint rifle, 9mm pistol .357 Magnum revolver, single shotgun.
- Tier 2 (player level 1): 10mm pistol, 9mm SMG, cowboy repeater, service rifle, caravan shotgun.
- Tier 3 (player level 6): .44 Magnum revolver, lever-action shotgun, silenced .22 SMG, 10mm SMG, hunting rifle, sawed-off shotgun.
- Tier 4 (player level 11): trail carbine, hunting revolver, assault carbine, sniper rifle, hunting shotgun.
- Tier 5 (player level 16): riot shotgun, 12.7mm submachine gun, Marksman carbine, minigun, light machine gun, brush gun, anti-materiel rifle.
Finishing the Honest Hearts add-on will also make the .45 Auto pistol, .45 Auto submachine gun, war club, yao guai gauntlet, tomahawk, and fire bomb available for purchase. Similarly, after completing Lonesome Road, rockets and nails will be sold. Sometimes, however, rockets and nails can be purchased before even starting Lonesome Road.
- Vendortron can carry most weapon mods available in the game, even while purchasing with a level 1 character.
- It will always have all Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road mods once the player finishes the add-ons.
- If Vendortron sells a gun, it will also have a chance of stocking the appropriate ammunition. If the ammunition appears for purchase, it will be in a large quantity (usually in a stack of 100+ of non-rare ammunition types).
- Vendortron sells all of the components needed to make weapon repair kits: duct tape, scrap electronics, scrap metal, wonderglue, and wrenches. It also sells various ammunition crafting components, such as primers, gunpowder, and empty casings, all in bulk containers.
- Vendortron never stocks aid items, apart from the occasional weapon repair kit.
- This is a good place for high-level players to sell their goods, as the Vendertron can have as many as 8,000 caps in its inventory at higher levels.
- It shows no change in disposition if the guards are killed.
- If the player gets into a fight with the guards, they will be unable to speak with the Vendortron until the fight ends, unless the Courier "pickpockets" the Vendortron, in which case it opens the sales dialogue and temporarily halts hostilities.
- Like the Gun Runners in Fallout, it is one of the best sources of ammunition, armor and weapons, regardless of the player's reputations, Karma, and actions.
Behind the scenes编辑
On a terminal inside the Gun Runners factory, it is suggested that the Vendortron's name be changed from Vendortron to an actual name, "like Bob. We're not calling it Bob" which is a reference to the 2000 post-apocalyptic science fiction film Titan A.E.
- Robotics Expert perk, it is possible to disable the vendortron while crouching. It can move around, but will have its head bowed and will appear to slide. It also can't be interacted with.[已核实] If one has the
- bugs page for details. [已核实] Several bugs exist related to vendor inventory replenishment and conditions that prevent caps from transferring from a vendor. See main. To prevent the non-transfer of caps from the Vendortron, maintain at least 1000 caps in the player character's inventory after buying items from the Vendortron. The bug seems to only occur once the player has gone below 1000 caps. See the main
- Golden Gloves and boxing tape by punching it through the box it is in. This is also possible with a bumper sword. [已核实] One can kill it with
If one initiates combat and then enter the Gun Runners' complex, it is possible for it to follow the Courier into the building (disregarding the impenetrable kiosk it was housed in). Since it is not treated like a normal non-player character nor ever meant to be fought, it cannot be targeted in V.A.T.S. and has no health. It is therefore invincible (and quite a threat). Onecan also talk to it while it is hostile. [已核实]
- Sometimes, there is a bug where, if one has been in combat near it, it will act as if one is still in combat, thus the player will be unable to buy anything from it. Reload a save to fix.
If one buys too many raw materials to create ammunition in one transaction (case boxes, primer boxes, jars etc, but not items such as duct tape or turpentine), the game will crash at the inventory window screen. This can also happen just from simply making a large transaction in general. To avoid this, buy a single unit of raw material (be sure to accept the deal), after buying a single unit, the rest may vanish which may cause more problems. [已核实]
- Buying all of a single type of item seems to work, and the rest of the items won't vanish.
- Occasionally, speaking to it will cause it to shrink to about knee length, and after a few minutes returning to normal size. [已核实]
- Isaac, then proceeding to barter with Vendortron when Isaac is leaning against the reloading bench, Isaac will clip down through the floor. After traveling and returning to the Gun Runners, he will be inside Vendortron's shack, talking to Vendortron which makes it impossible to barter with it. [已核实]
Occasionally after talking to
- Isaac's clipping may also happen on the Xbox 360 version of the game (patched 126.96.36.1995), but fast travelling undo clipping.[已核实]
- When fast traveling to Vendortron's shack the Courier may appear high above the location and may fall to their death, or be severely damaged with broken limbs. [已核实]
- Sometimes, when engaging in combat with the Gun Runner guards or Isaac, Vendortron will attack the player, oddly enough dealing damage toward the player even though it is behind a slab of glass. This can be fixed by reloading a previous save or holstering one's weapon. [已核实]
Punching the kiosk while facing the Vendortron may turn it hostile. If the player then enters the Gun Runners factory it will appear inside the building along with them and will be hostile. After dealing with Gun Runners personnel and leaving, when returning to the Gun Runners Kiosk (after a few days), Vendortron will no longer be hostile, but may appear standing in front of his kiosk rather than inside it. It will still function in the usual way though. [已核实]
- There is a solution to make the Vendortron friendly again (if one can somehow provoke it). Enter the Gun Runner headquarters and type in the command console killall. This will make the Vendortron unconscious. From here, either type in resurrect or wait a few moments for it to become conscious again. After this it will revert to its original state.
- If one initiate combat with it and then goes inside the compound and kills everyone it will appear behind the player character and start to attack them. Even if one fast travels it will follow them, a way to fix this is to fast travel huge distances and wait (if the player killed it, they might not be able to buy item from it anymore).[已核实]
- V.A.T.S. [已核实] If one turns it hostile, crouch and pickpocket it. It will speak to them about the store being closed. Keep trying to pickpocket it, and it will eventually begin to clip through the wall. Carry on, and it will soon be completely out of the shack. It has no health at all, rendering it invincible, and cannot be targeted in
- New Vegas Medical Clinic, Vendortron will spawn nearby walking back to Gun Runners. A Gun Runner Guard may also spawn and walk back as well. [已核实] On rare occasions, after speaking/trading with Vendortron, then traveling to
- Upon leaving the barter menu after buying a relatively large amount of ammunition, the screen will fade to black and crash. [已核实]