|關於an overview of all mines，參見Land mines。|
The pulse mine consists of a proximity fuse and miniaturized EMP device enclosed in a gray metal casing screwed to the base. Armed status is indicated by four red diodes situated on top of the cover.
在有人接近的时候地雷的警告器会開始蜂鸣，until it is disarmed or it detonates. The time until detonation depends on the Explosives skill of the person setting it off. Both soft and armored/robot targets will activate the fuse.
The pulse mine will become live and likely to cause instant death after it's dropped into a non-player character's pants (inventory) via theft.
- Talon Company mercenaries may carry some pulse mines with them.
- Enclave soldiers and officers are often supplied with one.
- They are also almost never found in the Wasteland, at least armed. A single live one can be found in the National Archives Rotunda.
Boxes with pulse mines
One plasma mine guaranteed, 75% chance of 2 to 6 mines:
- Two in the National Archives Secure Wing East.
- Note that some robots hover above the ground, thus making this mine useless.
- Reverse pick-pocketing pulse mines and pulse grenades will kill organic opponents without the potential to hurt the player significantly.
- Interestingly the EMP does no damage to power armored NPCs, even though the armor is highly mechanical and relies on a power source to function.