| ||關於原本預計要出現在范布倫, 黑島工作室'被取消的輻射3中的胡佛大壩，參見Hoover Dam (Van Buren)。|
|“||Kimball, Caesar, House... you'd think their whole world was that wall, cutting the Colorado. If I'd never laid eyes on it, never spoke of it...||”|
Before the Great War, the Hoover Dam was a main power supplier to the greater Four States Commonwealth (Arizona and New Mexico) along with the Southwest Commonwealth (parts of California and Las Vegas) and possibly parts of the Texas Commonwealth. When the Great War first broke out, some of Mr. House's long and short range missiles systems kept the Hoover Dam in almost untouched condition along with a majority of Las Vegas; however due to the war the plant was shut down, whether this is from the Great Blackout or not is unknown.
While troopers are active here, there are also a large number of civilian contractors and engineers who are trying to keep the dam running as smoothly as possible. They are of a secondary concern to Moore, who is preparing for an impending attack by Caesar and a visit by President Kimball.
- 胡佛大壩雪景球 - 在遊客中心的總服務台上。
- 兩件中國潛行甲 - 大壩辦公室里, 某個輻射桶里。
- 金博爾總統的西裝 - 從他屍體上取得。需要接到有關總統來大壩的任務
- General Oliver's uniform - can be looted off his corpse during the quest Veni, Vidi, Vici and No Gods, No Masters.
- 12 frag grenades - in a locker in intake tower 2.
- It is one of the few locations with outside fresh water as well as inside.
- Mike Lawson talks about repairing the non-functional dam turbines and even though the Courier can swim down to reach the turbines, the game never makes the repairs an option for quests.
- 如果你跳到那門高射炮上，順著炮管走到頭，跳下去，你就可以跳過「隱形牆」直達大壩的底部。在到底之前存檔，然後取檔。面向河的方向，如果一切順利，你就能到達2號機組和4號機組的小門附近了。(There is an "exit door" in the North East corner of plant 02 and 04, behind metal stairway which ascends west to top of generator, that can be used to exit to the spillway.)
- During the battle at Hoover Dam, most non-player characters wear masks. This has been  motivated by J.E.Sawyer as an attempt to reduce memory usage, since "FaceGen/FaceFX data can be expensive". These masks look like recruit helmets.
- When on top of the first sniper tower, the Courier can lock and unlock the ladder. However, it can be used either way.
- If the Courier jumps down from the Hoover Dam into the water on the north side, and swims as far east as possible until he/she can't jump/walk any further, the Courier may begin to hear artillery fire and flying shells even though he/she has not started the battle at Hoover Dam. In addition to the sound effects, the theme music of Hoover Dam will change to the version heard in one of the end game quests.
- The NCR rangers walking on the dam do not actually wear NCR Ranger patrol armor, but a lower resolution type of clothing that is only for aesthetic purposes, the insignia on the shoulder is blurry, the water pack on their backs is flat, and rifle-grip weapons do not change position when holstered. Much like the face masks worn by troopers, the armor cannot be looted from their inventory.
- If the Courier jumps off the north side of Hoover Dam and returns to the top of the Dam, the game may glitch and cause things like the artillery cannon to completely disappear and the texture for the road in front of the visitor center to change.
- There are invisible walls around the area where Kimball speaks. This may result in his body coming back because he bounced off the wall (if exploded and killed, as ragdoll physics will take over).
- Arcade Gannon will make some comments about the Dam when first brought to the area.
- The Hoover Dam, in real life, is actually much smaller than the game version.
- Hoover Dam has its own unique set of music that will not play in any other location in the game.
- The maps of the Hoover Dam scattered around the Mojave are the actual 1930's blueprints which can be seen in the UNLV Digital Collections.