A small village boasting pre-War architecture founded by a group of settlers who've made the site their home. The friendly inhabitants of the settlement are responsible for the overall pristine condition of the town's infrastructure. They attempt to attract traders to the settlement to keep it running and allow it to grow.
Sometime following the Broken Mask incident, Doctor Roslyn Chambers and her scientific team arrived at Covenant with the intention to turn the settlement into a refuge for people who have suffered at the hands of the Institute's synths. She convinced the residents of the town to help with her work and subsequently set up a lab with her personnel inside a utility area in the nearby sewers, locally known as the Compound. From there, Chambers and her scientists attempt to discover and flush out the secret Institute agents widely feared and despised by the inhabitants of the Commonwealth.
Following the doctor's arrival, the town of Covenant's reputation and splendor were tainted by the development of a strong anti-synth sentiment within the community, and it became a trap for outsiders unlucky enough to become part of Chambers' experiments.
The settlers support the Compound's mission of validating a psychological assessment that is meant to identify synths. This assessment is called the SAFE test and is the focus of a continuous experiment whereby visitors to Covenant are screened using the SAFE test and are possibly later kidnapped, interrogated and killed in order to discover how effective the SAFE test is at identifying synths. Those who the SAFE test designates "probable synths" are also subject to interrogation and torture in an attempt to further refine their assessment.
There is an entry on Chambers' terminal that says that anything of value that the kidnapped visitors have, she will sell or give to Penny to sell in her shop, but nobody is buying because it is too overpriced. In a note found in the shop, Penny also says that the town is 250 caps behind.
Covenant is a small settlement inhabited by ten people, a Mister Handy named Deezer and a house cat named Dora. There is a large wall surrounding the whole settlement with multiple heavy machine gun turrets on small wooden platforms. Inside the wall are four houses and a small garden. The houses look incredibly intact, as if they had not been touched by the Great War at all. The Sole Survivor may comment on this by saying that all the buildings look almost pre-War.
There is a workbench in a shack near the garden. Many of the buildings may be locked at first, but the inhabitants will occasionally go in and out the doors of every building and they can then be followed without needing to resort to lockpicking. Be aware that they don't leave the room while you're inside, they may still close the door behind them and lock you in.
- 正義之神 - 一把特殊的戰鬥霰彈槍，找佩妮買。
- 毀滅者的頭盔 - 同上。
- 佩妮的帳簿 - 佩妮的商店內保險櫃上。
- 聖約村商店鑰匙 - 佩妮的商店收銀機裡，佩妮和派翠莎醫生身上也有。
- SAFE測試報告 - 辦公室桌上，另一份在辦公室近來左手邊藏在板條箱後的壁崁式保險櫃裡。
- 聖約村辦公室鑰匙 - 辦公室桌子哩，雅各和布萊恩身上也有。
- 掠奪者報告 - 上述辦公室的保險櫃。
- 聖約村的提醒項目 - 入口近來左手邊第一棟住家，另一份在佩妮的商店垃圾桶。
- 聖約村住家鑰匙 - 上述住家的床頭櫃上，另外村民身上都有。
- 雅各的密碼 - 在上述住家鑰匙旁，用來打開辦公室的終端機。
- 到宅院的地圖 - 泰德身上。
- A Join the Railroad holotape can be found in the trash can next to the door, in the house with the 3 beds and a radio.
- 商隊詳細資料 - 人類謬誤任務期間從忠實老丹那拿到。
- 逾期圖書 - 商店建築後面的馬桶裡。
- A leveled suit of power armor can be found northwest of Covenant in the lake near the tail of the crashed Vertibird.
- West-northwest of Covenant on the shore of the lake is a patch of mirelurk eggs guarded only by a single mirelurk.
- 核融合核心 - 從外頭進來到可伸縮的走道處，左轉下去就可以看到，發電機裡。
- A bottlecap mine to the right of the chemistry station in Dr. Roslyn's chamber.
- 實驗體12號初步資料 布萊斯所在的房間桌上，可以用曼尼或博士身上的宅院鑰匙打開。
- 實驗體12號彙報資料 - 會議室的桌上。
- 實驗體12號測試資料 - 核融合核心所在區域連結到的刑求室，桌上，一樣可以用宅院鑰匙開門。
- Inside one of the houses, where Jacob Orden often can be found, there is a small-sized radio (almost half of a normal-sized radio).
- It is possible to settle in Covenant if the player character completes the Human Error side quest. If the Sole Survivor sides against Covenant then returns after completion, it will initiate a battle with the residents and settlers, after which it is possible to use the workshop. In order to settle, everyone must be killed, except the house cat and Deezer. If the Sole Survivor decides to side with Covenant and completes the quest with speech checks then the town will allow the Sole Survivor to join without any conflict.
- Nick Valentine, Preston Garvey, Piper Wright, Curie, Deacon and John Hancock disapprove if they are accompanying the player character when they enter Covenant for the first time after passing the SAFE test. Presumably this is because of the settlement only allowing certain types of people in, something that most of these companions find disagreeable (two of them being synths, one being a ghoul, for instance).
- It's possible for the Covenant to be a randomly selected settlement for the Feeding the Troops mission if Human Error has already been completed and become an allied settlement. Taking the crops by any means will result in a loss of allied settlement status. This includes access to the workshop and all allied perks.
- If the Sole Survivor chooses to kill all of the residents in the settlement, it is possible to kill all humanoid settlers without making the robot Deezer hostile, as the robot will not become hostile unless it is individually attacked or damaged.
- You can store all stealable items in the workshop and they will no longer be stolen items. This is useful when cleaning up after killing everyone if you decided not to agree with the Compound during the Human Error quest.
- If you wish to make Covenant a settlement, you will want to deal with the gun turrets immediately - because once they have been attacked and destroyed by raiders/caravan guards you will be stuck with smoking ruins & gun turret clutter that you cannot eliminate.
- There is a wild mutfruit plant in a corner of the small garden which remains "owned" even after you make Covenant an allied settlement. It is quite easy to pick it by mistake while harvesting the crops in the garden, resulting in all the settlers attacking you.
- It is possible to encounter Amelia Stockton before discovering Covenant or meeting Old Man Stockton. If one does this and decides to free her, the related quest step from Human Error will show as having been completed and the step to talk to Old Man Stockton will be presented, but the player will not be given the Human Error quest, and everyone in Covenant will react to the player as if encountering them for the first time. This will allow the player to start the Human Error quest from the beginning and will not immediately register the completed steps. The player will not have the option to inform Honest Dan that they have already located and rescued Amelia Stockton upon meeting him. It is currently unknown how the residents of Covenant will react if the player chooses not to free Amelia Stockton or if the associated quest step will automatically complete itself upon receipt.
- With the Vault-Tec Workshop add-on, building a Vault-Tec Population Management System allows you to assign a settler as a doctor without building a clinic store. This is probably due to Covenant already having a resident doctor at the start.
- Entering Covenant by jumping over the fence results in all settlers turning hostile to the player character.
Covenant only appears in Fallout 4.