A year before the Resource Wars, the United States Army helped in the invasion of Mexico to protect U.S. oil interests in the region. Army units were being deployed in Alaska at higher levels than before following the establishment of the Anchorage Frontline in 2059. Much more veritable quantities of troops were transported to the state after the Chinese invasion of Alaska in the winter of 2066 and 2067. The United States Army was utilized in the 2072-2076 annexation process of Canada and were decisive in defeating the Canadian military and suppressing resistance movements. Later on, in the Sino-American War, Army units were deployed in China proper and its annexed territories with the USMC following the invasion of the supra in 2074. As unrest at home grew in the last years of the war several Army units were deployed within the United States to maintain law and order.
The Marine Corps served in the American counter invasion of China due to their specialization in amphibious operations. They took part in the Yangtze Campaign and Gobi Campaign between 2066-2077, and were equipped with desert camouflaged armors. Members of the Marine Corps stationed in the Mount Desert Island Naval Facility before the Great War were equipped with a different model of armor.
Before 2077, the US Navy saw widespread deployment, most notably during the Anchorage Reclamation, with the incident between USS Ebon Atoll and USS Interference. The Navy furthermore had bases throughout the United States, notably the Naval Recruiting Center in Maryland's Point Lookout State Park and the Mount Desert Island Naval Facility in Maine. After the war, there are few remaining signs of the Navy, with the only two known intact (relatively speaking) major ships being an Aircraft Carrier whose original name has been long lost and is known as Rivet City, located in Washington D.C, and the nuclear missile submarine USS Democracy, located on Mount Desert Island. There are also the wrecks of some smaller support vessels, such as the tugboat the USS Riptide.
Template:See also The United States had many Air Force bases throughout the country, some of which are, Adams Air Force Base in Maryland, Nellis Air Force Base in the Mojave Desert, and Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. Some Air Force officers were astronauts for the United States Space Administration. The USAF maintained a considerable portion of the nation's nuclear deterrent, primarily in the form of ICBMs and Strategic Bombers (though it also operated other tactical & strategic nuclear systems such as orbital weapons platforms) via it's Strategic Air Command. Template:See also
In the months and years immediately succeeding the Great War, remnants of the National Guard attempted to retain order and law in the United States, assisted by civilian elements such as nurses, and potentially police, as was seen in Germantown. However, due to the high attrition rate suffered as a result of the radiation and anarchy, most, if not all, National Guard units were whittled down by mortalities, along with desertion, and eventually disbanded.
The United States Army Robotics Division was the branch of the army dedicated to the handling and deployment of military robots and associate hardware, and also performed services within lines of robotic research, such as the facility under the RobCo sales & service center in Boston. Known robots used by the division include the assaultron, cyberdog, eyebot, Mister Gutsy, protectron, robobrain, and sentry bot.
The Military Police Division was a branch that provided security at military installations around the country. They had a presence at Robotics Technology Facility RB-2851 in Boston and were known to have responded to incidents at the South Boston military checkpoint.
- By far, the most notable operation is the Anchorage Reclamation, an 11-year campaign to liberate Alaska from the Chinese invaders. Ultimately successful, it was the first large-scale deployment of newly developed T-51b power armor units.
- The annexation of Canada was also performed by the United States military, whose units were also dedicated to keeping the peace―by any means necessary.
- Veterans of the Anchorage campaign were also deployed against their fellow countrymen, to contain food riots.
- The Gobi Campaign, where the U.S. attempted to capture Chinese military facilities in the Gobi Desert. The Gobi Campaign scout rifle was designed for this campaign.
- The Yangtze Campaign, during which Nanjing and Shanghai were occupied by Marines equipped with new, high-tech weapons and armor.
- Soldiers of the U.S. Army's mechanized infantry were stationed on the island of Mambajao in the Philippines on the eve of the Great War.
- Fought in by the United States 135 to 132 years preceding the cumulative Great War, World War II saw the extensive utilization of all branches of the United States Armed Forces onwards from the 8th of December, 1941 with the U.S. Declaration of War against Japan, and successively, numerous other Axis nations and its aftermath witnessed the gradual establishment of an independent air force in 1947.
- It is possible that the Korean War did happen in the Fallout timeline, according to the mural in the Museum of Freedom's depiction of a USMC M46 Patton tank and H19 Chickasaw helicopter, the mainstay of U.S. combat capability during the Korean War.
- Soldiers/astronauts appear to have been engaged in combat operations on the Moon at some stage prior to the Great War. This is supported by the mural in the Museum of Freedom, which depicts an astronaut with a weapon and the mentioning of the Sea of Tranquility along with other battles.
With the nuclear holocaust of 2077 and the dissolution of the chain of command, the U.S. Armed Forces effectively ceased to exist, becoming groups of isolated soldiers with no coordination. Two groups, the Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel are known to be direct descendants (or include descendants of) the original United States Armed Forces. Furthermore, it is implied that the members of the United States' Armed Forces inevitably diffused into the general wastelander population, with some sections stratifying themselves based off perceived military heritage, such as the Desert Rangers of the Texas Commonwealth.
- Artillery Overlook
- US Army field headquarters
- Chugach Overlook Air Force station
- Elmendorf Air Force Base
- Fire Island Air Force station
- Tibbets Military Prison
- MacArthur Army Base
- Bunker Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Epsilon (original names not known)
- Peoria facility
- Cheyenne Mountain
- Kansas City silo complex
- Raven Rock (known as Site R before the war)
- Adams Air Force Base
- Satellite relay station
- Camp David, Maryland (presidential retreat)
- Fort Bannister
- Fort Constantine
- Fort Independence
- National Guard depot
- Turtledove Detention Camp
- Wheaton Armory
- Rivet City Aircraft Carrier
- The Citadel (formerly the Pentagon)
- Boston mayoral shelter
- Coast Guard Pier
- Federal ration stockpile
- Federal supply cache 84NE
- Federal surveillance center K-21B
- Fort Hagen
- Fort Strong
- Listening Post Bravo
- Mount Desert Island Naval Facility
- National Guard training yard
- Recon bunker Theta
- Revere satellite array
- Robotics Technology Facility RB-2851
- Sentinel Site Prescott
- South Boston Military Checkpoint
- The Switchboard
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia
- Wreck of the USS Riptide
World War II編輯
United States mainland編輯