|“||Walk a hundred miles if I knew there was a pile of caps waiting for me at the end.||”|
在2274年時，麥奎迪走進了鎮長的辦公室，這時候距離公主宣布她的規則還不到五分鐘。根據薩米的說法，當公主要求將鎮長的頭銜改變為「公主」的時候，麥奎迪一拳打在了她的鼻子上，斥責她說燈火小鎮需要的是一個領導者，而不是一個公主。在那之後，他被選為了燈火小鎮的鎮長。The child mayor makes regular patrols around the underground settlement, keeping outsiders and potential trouble makers under close surveillance.
他在槍手工作了一段時間，但最終他離開槍手。在那之後，麥奎迪因為在槍手的地盤接活而被他們追殺。他熟練地使用他的步槍，並且往往能一擊爆頭。當僅存者在第三軌酒館遇見他的時候，他正在和兩個槍手談話，在他們離開後，僅存者可以用250瓶蓋（可以被降低到200或100瓶蓋，取決於僅存者的錢包大小）的價格招募他。This will be given back to the Sole Survivor after completing one of the parts of his quest. 在和他成為好朋友，並完成了他的個人任務後，他會給予主角一個「一擊必殺」的特技，V.A.T.S模式下攻擊頭部的成功率提高20%。
- 尋蹤覓跡/Rescue from Paradise：第一次見面的時候，麥奎迪會威脅說要射擊你，除非你離開燈火小鎮的入口。獨行者除非通過一次非常困難的口才檢定或有童心未泯這個特技，否則必須要完成失落天堂這個任務才能進入燈火小鎮。在進入燈火小鎮後，麥奎迪會多出新的對話，他會告訴主角進入87號避難所的方法，那就是走謀殺之路。
- Fungus Deal：在和露西與伊克萊爾對話後，獨行者可以說服麥奎迪進行交易：使用奇怪的肉（伊克萊爾）或壯大靈（露西）來交換洞穴真菌。
colspan="2"| This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.
colspan="2"| This character is a temporary companion.
This character is a doctor.
This character is a merchant.
This character can repair items.
Repair cap: -
This character rents beds.
Cost: - caps.
This character starts quests.
This character is involved in quests.
- MacCready for Action: This unmarked quest consists of convincing MacCready to join the Sole Survivor.
- 前路漫漫：麥奎迪會要求主角幫助他解決那兩個一直騷擾他的槍手，在那之後，他會請求主角幫助他找到治癒他兒子的方法。NOTE: MacCready's affection gains will cap at 499 (stopping just short of "MacCready likes you") until the Gunners portion of this quest is completed.
- 當僅存者以250瓶蓋的價格招募他後，他會成為同伴。招募的價格可以被降低到200或100瓶蓋，取決於僅存者的錢包大小，當然，後者需要一個更困難的口才檢定。This will be returned to the Sole Survivor after completing an early part of his personal quest.
- He will steal when commanded to do so by the Sole Survivor. He is able to steal items undetected right in front of people.
- If the player character attempts to steal from the VIP room of the Third Rail and gets caught, MacCready will leave their company and become hostile, prompting an interface for the player to send MacCready to a settlement, similar to Preston Garvey if the player kills a settler. If the player doesn't get caught, MacCready will like the theft.
- If the player commands him to steal an item, or does anything to cause hostility while in Goodneighbor, MacCready will leave the Sole Survivor's company and become hostile, prompting an interface to send MacCready to a settlement.
- MacCready likes when the Sole Survivor steals things.
- MacCready likes it if the Sole Survivor picks the lock to a high-level safe that is owned.
- MacCready likes using most special dialogue options that require Charisma, only if one lies, threatens, or asks for more money though.
Fallout: The Board Game编辑
Template:FBG MacCready can be acquired at the shop by any player character that has Charisma. When shopping with him as the active companion, the player character can exhaust him in order to buy any items from the asset deck's discard pile.
When the player character performs the camp action, he will become unexhausted. However, if the player character does not have eight or more bottle caps at this time, he must be discarded.
Inventory编辑* Unlike the other Little Lamplight characters, there's no interaction possible with his inventory when trying to pickpocket him
- 麥奎迪抽煙。在一些對話選項中，他會提到他需要一包煙。He will also light one when idle.
- When underground, 麥奎迪有時候會大喊「Tunnel Snakes Rule!」這和輻射3中的穴蛇幫有關。
- 在特殊包裹這一任務中，和傑克·卡伯特對話時麥奎迪會暗示他相信外星人的存在，以及這真的令他毛骨悚然。這或許是暗示輻射3中關於Z星人的DLC。This may also hint that he is fascinated with space and/or science fiction, considering in Nuka-World's quest Trip to the Stars, he likes riding in the UFO ride.
- If taken to the Boston Public Library, he will state that lions scare children in a horrified voice, a reference to his childhood character in Fallout 3.
- Upon reaching Mahkra Fishpacking MacCready will mention that fish gives him terrible flatulence.
- MacCready hints a case of severe depression throughout Fallout 4, such as when he tells the Sole Survivor that he thought it would've been better if he and Duncan died with Lucy, and upon romancing him, he mentions that they have saved him from himself. This could also hint he's had thoughts of suicide.
- In concept art, MacCready is misspelled as McReady.
- In idle dialogue or when selecting "Thoughts?" when speaking to him, he might say "I gotta be honest with you, I'd feel more comfortable with a rocky ceiling above my head," a reference to Little Lamplight.
- Some of MacCready's dialogue hints that he gets motion sickness, further evidenced by his commentary by the sea, or upon boarding a Vertibird.
- MacCready has the tendency to break out idioms and puns, upon commentary depending on location.
- The fact that MacCready likes it when the Sole Survivor keeps the cure for themselves instead of giving it to Austin Engill in Hole in the Wall is inconsistent with his character, as he likes it when the Survivor helps children and parents. This may either be a bug or a hiccup with affinity design.
- Contrary to MacCready stating his lack of knowledge with science, he does have a decent amount of knowledge with biology. Examples include commentary about not having his tetanus vaccination at Rocky Narrows Park and that he is aware that a deathclaw is a mutated Jackson's Chameleon.
- MacCready will hum a tune and state that Diamond City Radio songs tend to get into his head. He hums the bass clarinet line for Easy Living from Billie Holiday, a song included.
- In cut voice files, MacCready mentions a transmitter, most likely tasking the Sole Survivor to retrieve one. In one voice file he mentions contacting outside sources to aid the Sole Survivor.
- If Dogmeat is present alongside MacCready as a companion through use of mods, while he will not like or dislike the player healing him while he's around, he will comment, "Take care of him, and he'll take care of you."
- Tommy of Combat Zone once asked MacCready to fight in the ring, MacCready declined, a decision he seems to regret.
- Companions such as Strong and Hancock will comment on MacCready's combat prowess. Strong states that he is a good fighter, almost as good as himself. Coincidentally, MacCready has the highest END stat among the human and Gen 3 companions.[verification overdue]
- Although MacCready likes declining Paladin Danse's offer to join the Brotherhood of Steel and dislikes accepting it, his dialogue reaction to each decision seems to imply the opposite.
- When passing the Gwinnett Brewery MacCready will comment that he's heard that name before in the Capital Wasteland but cannot recall where.
- "Mungo, mungo, smells like dung-o!"
- "Just give it a shot, mungo. You'll see plenty of my adult-sized stones when I'm pissing on your grave."
- "Of course, I've kept this place going strong for three years. To most of these kids, that makes me Mayor For Fucking Life. Fine by me, I say."
- "Don't take another step, or we'll blow your fucking head off!"
- "Stay in line and everything'll be a-oh-fucking-kay."
- "Stay away, mungo, I don't wanna catch old from you!"
- "Mungo, mungo, smells like dung-o!"
- "You can go take a hike, you insane mutant-fucker. Get out of my town!"
- "Never been in a plane before. Highest I ever got was taking a hit of Psycho."
- "It's quiet. Too quiet. *laughs* Oh man, I always wanted to say that."
- "Tunnel snakes rule!*笑*抱歉，我很久以前听到过这个。"
- "Anytime you want me to carry some of that valuable gear you're lugging... you just, let me know" – Asked about thoughts
- "Nice day today. Perfect for traveling." – Asked about thoughts
- "Nothing says welcome more than urine soaked garbage"
- "I had one of those after I ate a bad batch of Cram. Spent eight hours in the can."
- "你的丈夫/妻子怎么样了？我知道他/她不在了，但你仍然爱着他/她，不是嗎？" – 当僅存者与麦奎迪发展了浪漫关系后
- "我总是想要一个地堡……它的内部得是午夜蓝加上豹纹的涂色，看起来就像是生活在一个洞穴里一样。" – 在提琴手的绿色藤蔓庄园里。
- "Wonder if these old folks died of old age or the radiation cooked 'em to death when the bombs dropped?" – At Sandy Coves Convalescent Home.
- When the Brotherhood of Steel arrives in the Commonwealth:
- "Son-of-a... it's the goddamn Brotherhood of Steel. What the hell are they doing here?" – When witnessing the Prydwen's arrival.
- "Did you see the size of that airship? Now that's how you make an entrance." – When commenting on the Brotherhood of Steel.
- "哦，你好呀帅哥！" – 对男性主角
- "哦，你好呀美女！" – 对女性主角
- When being radiated:
- "Ummm, should that thing on your wrist be clicking that much?"
- "Maybe it'd be better if we moved out of the radiation?"
- "We're not going to last long in all this radiation."
- "Rads are making me sick to my stomach."
- "Want to start glowing or something?"
- When arriving at a creepy location
- "Is it normal for the hairs on the back of my neck to be standing straight up like this?"
- "Yeah... we should get the heck out of here. Now would be good."
- "I'm getting bad vibes from this place. We shouldn't be here."
- The quote "I never knew you could do that with mutfruit." is in reference to being "grapefruited," an oral sex technique involving a grapefruit (or other fruits).
- The quote "School's out forever, right?" is referring to the song "School's Out" by Alice Cooper. The slight chanting further endorses this.
- In promotional content for Fallout 76, a teammate with the nickname "MacC" can be seen, a reference to MacCready.
- player.moveto 0000313b. Mayor MacCready is prone to disappearing. He tends to wander into obscure and dark corners. He may appear near the front gate if going outside and fast travel back to town, or standing on the platform where he first stood when he let the Lone Wanderer into town. One can move to his current position with the console command
- Sometimes MacCready will not give the option to open the gate, even if one is at that point and have followed the advice outlined in this wiki. One way to make sure that this does not befall the player is to click all of the grayed out speech options when speaking to MacCready. The dialogue option to open the gate comes after a line that is often grayed/dimmed. [已核实]
- prid 000185d5 followed by moveto player. [已核实] It's possible for MacCready to not open the gate after being instructed to do so. He will run to it, and climb up to the catwalk but will not activate the switch to raise the gate. This is because the scripted sequence requires Princess to be on the other end, and she may not run with MacCready to perform this function. Short of using the console to activate the gate/toggle clipping, the solutions are to use the other entrance, reload from a previous save, or attempt to move Princess in range of the event with the console command
- ResetQuest 00014e8c and go to the Citadel to start the quest again. [已核实] Doing DLC quests before opening the path will end "Picking Up the Trail" resulting in MacCready's and Joseph's dialogue options to vanish and making entry into Vault 87 impossible. The only solution is to resort to a save that still has "Picking Up the Trail" as an active quest, and redo whatever progress has been lost or to use the console command
- prid 0002a8a7 followed by moveto player will bring MacCready to the player, but does not correct the issue. [已核实] Sometimes you may not be able to talk to MacCready or open up his inventory. He also fails to follow the player during fast travel. Entering the console command
- After dismissing MacCready, hiring him again will prompt up the dialogue when you meet him for the first time, needing to be paid before being hired. Reloading a previous save fixes this. [已核实]