|關於the various forms of water，參見water。|
關於the version appearing in the Creation Club content "Capital Wasteland Mercenaries"，參見Aqua Pura (Creation Club)。
If the water is not infected with the modified FEV, then Aqua Pura is just normal, filtered water that restores 20 Hit Points; identical to purified water.
Drinking the water after choosing to infect it with the modified FEV will, along with restoring 20 Hit Points, result in a player debuff, and upon consuming three bottles; it is fatal to the player character. The debuff lowers Intelligence by one for 24 minutes and lowers Strength; first by five points for 12 minutes, then by four for 6 minutes, then by two for a final 6 minutes (for a total of 24 minutes).
The yellow barrels of Aqua Pura can be found across the Capital Wasteland. Scavengers with pack brahmin carrying barrels can be seen making deliveries on merchant routes, protected by Brotherhood of Steel knights and paladins. Stolen barrels can be found in the possession of raiders, Talon Company mercs, Enclave troops, super mutants, and slavers. Bottles of Aqua Pura can be found in abundance within the Citadel, with at least five bottles per room, or in crates.
- Water Caravan Squabble
- Water Beggars
- Contrary to John Henry Eden's claim, the Lone Wanderer is not immune to the modified FEV and infected Aqua Pura is fatal to them.
- Other than the value and the label, uninfected Aqua Pura is identical to the purified water found throughout the Capital Wasteland.
- Aqua Pura infected with modified FEV can be given to various characters during the unmarked quest Water Beggars in exchange for evil Karma. Uninfected Aqua Pura can be given to water beggars in exchange for good Karma.
- The Brotherhood has a zero-tolerance policy against giving ghouls Aqua Pura.
- Aqua Pura is different from Aqua Cura, which is related to the quest The Amazing Aqua Cura.
Behind the scenes
Aqua pura is Latin for "pure water."
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Playstation 3 Has platform::Xbox 360 Giving any amount of Aqua Pura to water beggars will result in their death at the next map change, regardless of whether or not the Aqua Pura contains modified FEV. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Playstation 3 Has platform::Xbox 360 Sometimes after drinking Aqua Pura a message will appear saying that "Aqua Pura has worn off". This is like when a chem wears off but there were no effects to begin with. This message may appear at random times, days after drinking Aqua Pura. It's not really a bug but a scripting quirk. Because tainted Aqua Pura has a debuff effect it's treated like a chem. The taint effect is still applied to the player, but since the effect fails a condition check, the actual debuff and player's death chance aren't applied. The pure Aqua Pura is thus also treated as a chem though it has no ill effects; the end result being the "worn off" messages. [已核实]
- Has platform::Xbox 360 Non-player characters use this as an aid item during firefights. It has the same effects on them if there is modified FEV added to the water. However, non-player characters drinking it will trigger the script that attributes the negative effect to you. In essence, if non-player characters drink a lot of infected Aqua Puras, the script kills the player character instead of the NPC. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Playstation 3 Has platform::Xbox 360 Aqua Pura crates can appear before Take it Back! has been completed if Broken Steel is installed. [已核实]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide p.577: "The Brotherhood has a zero tolerance policy against Ghouls receiving Aqua Pura. So Griffon made a deal, and swindled his brethren for a few Caps."
Template:Navbox Broken Steel