| || 關於other characters in the Fallout universe named John，參見John。|
關於the real-world John Hancock，參見John Hancock (real world)。
约翰·汉考克是个住在芳邻镇的尸鬼，而且担任着那里的非官方镇长。原本叫约翰·麦多那，是钻石城市长麦多那的疏远的兄弟，自从他的哥哥担任钻石镇市长并出台隔离尸鬼的政策，并导致无数无辜的理智尸鬼被害后，还是人类的汉考克就和其断绝了关系。 John tried to help as many ghouls as he could relocate to the town of Goodneighbor, attempting to save as many lives as possible, but many couldn't adjust to Goodneighbor. Their deaths would continue to torment him into the present day. 汉考克迁徙到芳邻镇，觉得这里适合那些无处收留的人。汉考克对于他的敌人以及違反芳鄰鎮規定的人非常的残酷无情，但是如果你学会尊敬他，并且乐于惩罚罪恶，保护无辜者，那么他也能成为你的可靠盟友。
Fallout: The Board Game编辑
Template:FBG Hancock can be found randomly when taking a card from the loot deck. While Hancock is the active companion, the player character can exhaust him to move one enemy to their space and fight it. If the player character fails to kill that enemy, he must be discarded.
When the player character performs the camp action, he will become unexhausted. However, if the player character does not have Perception at that time, he must be discarded.
- Hancock likes Cait, MacCready, Nick Valentine, Codsworth, Curie and Strong; he is neutral with Dogmeat, Preston Garvey, Piper and X6-88; and he dislikes Deacon and Danse.
- He recognizes Nick Valentine from Diamond City.
- Hancock likes any actions done in the nude. Besides fast traveling, crafting and working on settlements are easy ways to gain affinity.
- 汉考克是可以被玩家搞死，他会说“最后一次旅行”然后挂掉。应该random companion death bug where essential flags get removed.
- 如果你在大挖掘里面干掉了菲倫海特，他会说你是着了魔。這是出自短篇“魔鬼和汤姆·沃克”，in which a Massachusetts man makes a pact with the Devil for fortune. Tom Walker's last words are "the Devil take me if I have ever made but a farthing!"
- According to a relationship marker in the game files, Fahrenheit is Hancock's daughter. This is never alluded to in-game.
- Piper refers to him as her "second least favorite mayor."
- Sometimes, if the player character fires a few bullets randomly, Hancock will say "Wait, you see 'em too?"
Hancock appears to be wearing John Hancock's coat and the hat of Major Thomas Melville, both of which are in reality currently housed and on display in the Old State House in Boston, the building in which Hancock makes his home.
- Hancock can be killed by the player character regardless when he is dismissed as a companion.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- Hancock issues a misc quest to investigate Pickman Gallery, but if he is available as a companion, on returning to report to him there will be no dialogue available to complete the misc quest. This also the case with the interaction with Hancock in The Silver Shroud mission. To finish this quest, speak with Hancock and let him join as the companion. Then speak with him again and in dialogue, there will be an option to finish mentioned quest. Hancock will say something like: "When I wanted you to investigate Pickman Gallery, I didn't mean you to take me there." He does it even if one didn't take him with or had another companion on that quest. After that, the quest will be finished.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- As Hancock somehow seems to be non-essential, dismissing him while being far away from a settlement the Sole Survivor wants him to be (e.g. the Sole Survivor is at Sanctuary Hills, dismissing him back to Goodneighbor) will cause him to be killed halfway through his journey way back. He can be killed by anything in the wasteland, even a Mongrel.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符