|“||Well, thanks for taking a chance on a naive young girl from California with stars in her eyes and a pneumatic gauntlet on her hand.||”|
|“||With regret comes a girl... smiling sad, brown robe, name Veronica, half here. Wraps her and her heart up like a pack, in the pack, a key, some say. Forecast: Cloudy, with a chance of friendship.||”|
维罗尼卡生于兄弟会，长在兄弟会，父亲是圣骑士，母亲是学士。当她还小的时候，便与组织的另一位成员堕入爱河。然而，她们的关系并未维持下去。伊利亚长老不赞成同性关系，因为兄弟会与外界隔离，他们认为其中的每个人都有生育的责任。Later in dialogue, she laments that both of her parents were killed in the same battle defending a position whose name and significance she no longer remembers, saying, "Guess it seemed important at the time.
在跟随兄弟会从加利福尼亚来到莫哈韦废土之后，维罗尼卡开始对他们的目标感到失望。她的导师，也就是伊利亚长老，变得反复无常，渐渐因利益而着迷于科技。维罗尼卡很快意识到其他长老也同样如此，他们收集科技而不是用科技来帮助废土之中的人们。but after he abandoned the Brotherhood following their defeat at HELIOS One, his successor, Nolan McNamara, upped stakes and holed up in the Hidden Valley bunker, dispatching scouts only to assess the threat posed by the NCR. She felt that McNamara was too much of an isolationist, and by hiding away and hoarding technology instead of using it to win favor with the people of the Wasteland and attract new recruits, he was just going to "wait in a hole for everyone else to die."
维罗尼卡意识到要想拯救兄弟会，他们必须要做出改变。她开始宣传她的信仰，质疑兄弟会的目标。为了让她离开并阻止她继续散播异端思想，首席学士将她送上了去废土的旅程，名义上是收集资源，实际上这些旅程却变得越来越长。 It is on such an excursion that her fateful meeting with the Courier occurs.
- Beyond the Beef: The player character can offer Veronica to Mortimer as a substitute for Ted Gunderson for the banquet.
- I Could Make You Care: 维罗尼卡会要求玩家带她去隐密山谷与长老会面，在那里她将试图说服长老兄弟会需要改变和发展。之后维罗尼卡会要求玩家帮助她找到一些数据或者科技以说服长老。
- You Make Me Feel Like a Woman: 维罗尼卡长久以来一直有一个穿裙子的梦想，如果给她一件formal wear或者 White Glove Society attire 的话，她会很高兴，答谢你并教给你一招Scribe Counter。The attire can be removed from her inventory without penalty after obtaining the Scribe Counter.
- If the Courier talks negatively about the Brotherhood when first conversing with Veronica, she will refuse to join up as a companion, and further attempts to talk to her will yield only one dialogue option: "Goodbye."
- Becoming Vilified with the Brotherhood of Steel causes Veronica to quit as a companion. However, it seems that even with a reputation as low as Merciful Thug, she will happily continue as a companion. It should be noted that she will remain a companion upon destruction of the Hidden Valley bunker, although she warns that it is the Courier's last chance, similar to what happens with Craig Boone after working too closely with the Legion, or Rose of Sharon Cassidy after gaining negative Karma with her as a companion. Destroying the Brotherhood of Steel by activating the bunker's self-destruction option will drop the reputation to Vilified, making Veronica leave the party even if she chose to leave the Brotherhood in her companion quest. Killing all the Brotherhood members without activating the self-destruction option is much less likely to make this happen, as it results in little to no loss of reputation. It is also possible for her to stay as a companion should the Courier complete all Brotherhood of Steel faction quests in their favor, make her leave the Brotherhood, and destroy them without killing any members.
- Completing her companion quest in favor of the Followers of the Apocalypse causes Veronica not to enter the Brotherhood bunker anymore. As a companion, she will always wait outside the entrance.
- Equipping NCR faction armor while Veronica is a companion may lead her to issue her "last chance" warning.
Giving Veronica the following dress-type items:
may complete the quest You Make Me Feel Like a Woman (See the quest for full details and bugs) and will make her say one of the following lines randomly:
- "Aw, you shouldn't have. It's just my taste. Thank you."
- "Hey, a dress! Thank you! I'm totally trying this on later."
- "<Gasps!> For me? Do you mean it? No, no it's too much. Well Okay. But it's too much. It's perfect. Thank you. Thank you."
- "I wish I had something I could give you. I-Wait! What about punching? That's the gift that keeps on giving."
After completion of Dead Money, the Courier can retrieve Elijah's holomessage from his console in the abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker and give it to Veronica, but only after exhausting all of Veronica's dialogue options regarding Father Elijah. In the same conversation, the Courier can choose to keep the holotape's knowledge instead, gaining the Elijah's Ramblings perk. Giving Veronica the message will give her the Elijah's Last Words perk.
Veronica's armored robes
|Veronica's power fist
Veronica's 10mm pistol
|Random food, miscellaneous items or ammo.||-|
- Veronica is openly homosexual. 你可以用一个对话选项询问她是否恋爱过。她会告诉主角她曾经爱上一个兄弟会的女孩，不过因为对方父母的阻挠以及伊利亚长老的命令而分开了，对方也因此离开兄弟会。 When a male character discussing follower tactics asks her to stay close, she makes the comment "This is as close as I get until you turn into a leggy brunette." Likewise, if a female courier tells her to stay close to her, she will say, "Hey now, you're going to have to buy me dinner first."
- Veronica receives a fair amount of commentary from non-player characters, and can be seen talking (though there is no audio dialogue) with non-player characters from all non-hostile factions.
- Both male and female characters from non-hostile factions will comment on Veronica's attractiveness, particularly Powder Gangers, Great Khans, the Kings, and even female Fiends.
- Veronica and Melissa Watkins seem to have a form of rivalry with each other, as they exchange snide comments when encountering each other.
- Veronica seems to be shy about showing her hair, as she is always wearing her hood when no other headgear is provided. Apprentice Watkins will even comment on this when walking through the VR Simulation area of the bunker. Veronica will first say, "I almost don't notice your lazy eye any more, Watkins," to which Watkins will retort, "I see you're still hiding your hair."
- Lonesome Road (add-on) Veronica will wear a breathing mask if one is given to her, which gives a full view of her hair. Likewise, Veronica will wear Ulysses' mask, which also gives a full view of her hair.
- Even though Veronica strongly prefers unarmed combat, she is adept with Energy Weapons.
- Veronica will not equip the industrial hand despite the fact that it has the highest DPS of all Unarmed weapons. This is because the industrial hand is marked as a player-only weapon.
- Veronica will still "open" the door to the bunker when visiting it with her for the first time even if the player has already gained access by dealing with the NCR Ranger, leading to a rather amusing situation where Veronica asks the intercom to unlock an already opened door.
- To complete the Mr. House or Caesar's Legion main quest lines, it will be necessary to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel bunker in Hidden Valley, which will usually break Veronica's reputation threshold. If she quits as a companion, she will not return any gear she is carrying or using.
- It is possible to complete either the Mr. House or Caesar's Legion main quest lines and not have Veronica turn hostile by first making Veronica inactive (sending her to the Lucky 38) and then stealthily killing every single Brotherhood member in the bunker. Avoiding Vilified reputation while completing the quest will enable Veronica to remain a permanent companion.
- Alternatively, completing the quests Pistol Packing, Still in the Dark (favoring McNamara), and Eyesight to the Blind for the Brotherhood will earn enough positive favor with them that activating the bunker self-destruct will only drop reputation to Soft-Hearted Devil, after which Veronica will stay.
- When talking to Veronica about the Brotherhood and its past disagreements between its members on using their technology to protect Wastelanders, she will mention that "one chapter had a small civil war over it," referring to the conflict between the Brotherhood of Steel and the Brotherhood Outcasts in the Capital Wasteland.
- If she is low on health, she will comment on how she would rather have been an actress. She will also ask to be buried in a dress, showing her fondness for dresses even further.
- Doing all of the Brotherhood's quests before recruiting Veronica makes it impossible for her to get either of her own perks. As a result, her ending will not show once the game is finished.
- Asking The Forecaster about "Here" will lead him to say (about Veronica) "... the forecast: cloudy, with a chance of Friendship."
- Being a Brotherhood Paladin gives no extra dialogue when first meeting Veronica.
- Apparently, Veronica likes Fancy Lads Snack Cakes, as she sometimes says she wants a lifetime supply of them.
- Being caught pickpocketing Elder McNamara with Veronica in tow will lead her to kill any and all hostile characters. Although this does not cause loss of Karma or Brotherhood reputation, they will remain hostile indefinitely, making quests unavailable.
- Like ED-E, Veronica will not die, regardless of any difficulty, unless the Brotherhood of Steel quests have started.
Veronica Santangelo appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes编辑
- If asked about her personal life, she might mention "I was young and needed the money." This quote is similar to when the Chosen One (as a Porn Star) says to Ethyl Wright: "Look, I was young and needed the money."