| ||關於多款游戏中出现的外星冲击枪综述，參見alien blaster。|
- In the Broken Steel add-on, another one can be found at Adams Air Force Base. It is held in the armory inside a locked box (Hard lockpick) in the giant Mobile Base Crawler. There are also alien power cells in the numerous ammunition boxes in the room. There are 4 ammunition boxes that contain 9 power cells each (20-47 if you have the Scrounger perk), and the Armory Master also has some on his corpse. There is a fairly good chance the Armory Master, a Security Officer or a member of the Enclave Squad Sigma will pick up the Alien Blaster before you can make your way to the armory where it is held.
- Haley's Hardware程序衝突可以用來將外星衝擊槍的耐久恢復到100%。（僅在安裝了眺望角的情況下可用）
- Use Dogmeat to recover the blaster from the alien crash site if you don't want to be abducted but still need to have it (Mothership Zeta only).
- It's also worth noting that this weapon, though very powerful, will quickly degrade and be rendered useless, so stick to V.A.T.S. or carefully-aimed head shots.
- The weapon will break after 125 discharges, but will not jam until approximately 120 discharges; giving it only one chance to jam.
- This weapon also has the effect of disintegrating any enemy killed with a critical shot by it (which is every shot for creatures weaker than most Super Mutants), identical to a laser (with the exception that the disintegration effect is colored blue instead of red).
- If you have a follower with you when you find the weapon, they may pick it up.
- This weapon is absolutely devastating in the hands of Star Paladin Cross (who is an expert in the use of energy weapons) and does not lose durability unless hit directly.
- The alien blaster deals electrical damage. The only other weapons that do electrical damage are the Firelance, The Shocker, Jingwei's shocksword (available with the Operation: Anchorage add-on) the Tesla cannon (available with the Broken Steel add-on) the shock baton and the captain's sidearm (available with the Mothership Zeta add-on)
- The neon glow turns off when the player enters sneak mode.
- On Mothership Zeta none of the aliens make use of this weapon besides the Captain (which is a unique version) which implies that it is not a standard issue weapon.
- Sometimes, members of the Talon Company may pick up the alien blaster if you happen to meet them near the crash site.
- The Alien Blaster can be obtained after completing the Mothership Zeta add-on as you are beamed back to Earth, you need to walk towards the MDPL-13 Power Station and then walk back in order to do this.