|關於an overview of alien blaster weapons in the Fallout series of games，參見alien blaster。|
它可以发射2495发，the equivalent of 250 reloads, from full condition before breaking, significantly more than the 222-272 cells that are normally available to be found.
- The alien captain will have this weapon in his inventory, but will not use it against the player character.
- Except for cut or unused weapons, the alien blaster has the highest in-game critical multiplier (100%) and therefore guarantees a Critical Hit regardless of the Luck stat or critical chance modifiers.
- This gun is physically identical to the alien blaster found in Fallout 3.
- Silently killing the alien captain makes it possible to take the alien blaster while the other aliens remain neutral.
- Switching to the Wild Wasteland trait in the Old World Blues add-on will not make the alien blaster obtainable if the YCS/186 has already been obtained.
- Synergises well with the Better Criticals perk. Considering every hit is a critical hit, every shot will have a 50% increase in critical hit damage.
- This is one of only two weapons in the game that has no spread, the other being Elijah's jury-rigged Tesla cannon.
- Companions will sometimes loot the alien blaster off the captain's body.
- Sometimes the alien captain does not carry the alien blaster, if this happens simply loading a save from before you encounter the aliens solves this problem. [已核实]
- ED-E's inventory; sometimes it will replace its standard weapon with the alien blaster as would any other companion but, as ED-E can't physically equip the weapon, it simply disappears from ED-E's inventory and its standard laser blasts become the distinctive blue energy blasts of the alien blaster. It's impossible to get the alien blaster back when this occurs without loading a save from before the weapon was given. [已核实] Be careful when putting the alien blaster into
- When using Steady and entering VATS, all targets will have a 0% chance to hit, regardless of range or line of sight. [已核实]