|關於an overview of plasma rifle models，參見plasma rifle。|
This plasma rifle is a lightweight urban warfare weapon created by REPCONN Aerospace for the US Army based on engine parts from失败的Z43-521P - “绿豆” 电浆发动机火箭。Like the AER9 laser rifle, it uses a microfusion cell as its power supply. It taps into the cell, essentially a small fusion reactor, to produce a toroid of plasma that is ejected down a superconducting barrel. In contrast to the Winchester P94, it does not have the electromagnetic claws.
The plasma rifle uses microfusion cells, the same type of ammunition used by the laser rifle, and can discharge up to twelve green, self-illuminated plasma bolts before requiring a reload.
The plasma rifle fires projectiles that inflict potentially heavy damage at a fairly quick semi-automatic rate of fire. The plasma bolt moves at sub-sonic speeds, giving enemies the chance to dodge the plasma bolts. Because of this, the plasma rifle is most effective in close to medium range combat, as opposed to the laser rifle, which is better suited to long range. Due to its fast semi-automatic rate of fire, it empties its 12-shot magazine rather quickly, and its reload time is somewhat longer than most other small guns/energy weapons. Maintenance is a combination of perks and drawbacks: Like other energy weapons, it has a high maximum condition compared to small guns, but is expensive and/or difficult to repair. A plasma rifle in poor condition (under 10%) can cost over 1,000 bottle caps to repair, also in normal circumstances the plasma rifle can be hard to come by. The plasma rifle has twice the chance of inflicting a critical hit than most other weapons, and can turn enemies into piles of green goo if the killing blow is a critical hit. Like all energy weapons, the plasma rifle's plasma bolt can ignite gas leaks.
The plasma rifle can fire a total of about 500 shots, the equivalent of 42 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- A3-21's plasma rifle - Obtained from Harkness at the end of The Replicated Man, A3-21's plasma rifle is one of the most powerful energy weapons, rivaling Lincoln's repeater in damage per shot.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|A3-21's plasma rifle||50||100||2||x2.5||50||25||2||0.2||12||600||8||2200||275|
- Within Taft Tunnel, held by a Tesla armored soldier in the room where Doctor Li opens the locked door (one needs to hop on top of a barrel and onto the lamp and onto the beams to reach the soldiers).
- Fort Independence, inside a weapons armory (the key to the armory door is inside one of the footlockers in the quarters).
- The Citadel laboratory, on the table (there is a possible chance that power armor can be there instead of a plasma rifle).
- Sometimes one can purchase this weapon in the Citadel armory.
- Standard issue for Enclave soldiers wearing Tesla armor.
- Enclave Hellfire armor. Used by Enclave soldiers wearing
- Brotherhood soldiers may frequently be armed with plasma rifles.
- Officer Lepelletier is also armed with one. It is possible to obtain it passing a Speech check.
- weapons lab and another in the cargo hold. One can be found in the
- There is a very small chance that raiders may spawn with this weapon at trashed Enclave camps.
- Paladin Tristan carries one.
According to Owyn Lyons' dialogue, the official designation is the P94 Plasma Rifle in this quote "but the plans for the P94 Plasma Rifle are all but lost."
- Cover of Future Weapons Today.
- Research Note - Plasma Rifle, Fort Independence terminal entries.