|關於an overview of plasma rifles，參見Plasma rifle。|
This plasma rifle is a lightweight urban warfare weapon created by REPCONN Aerospace for the US Army based on engine parts from失败的Z43-521P - “绿豆” 电浆发动机火箭。Like the AER9 laser rifle, it uses a microfusion cell as its power supply. It taps into the cell, essentially a small fusion reactor, to produce a toroid of plasma that is ejected down a superconducting barrel. In contrast to the Winchester P94, it does not have the electromagnetic claws.
Compared to its Fallout 3 counterpart, this plasma rifle has a much lower damage-per-second rating with only a slight improvement in damage. Factoring in the transition from the Damage Resistance system to the Damage Threshold system, the plasma rifle is vastly underpowered compared to its Fallout 3 iteration.
Unlike the plasma rifle in Fallout 3, this plasma rifle uses 2 microfusion cells per shot.
The plasma rifle can fire a total of about 370 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 31 reloads, from full condition before breaking. Template:Durability table
- Plasma rifle mag. accelerator - Increase the speed of the plasma bolt by 200%.
- Van Graff plasma rifle - A special variant given by the Van Graffs.
- Q-35 matter modulator - A unique variant of the plasma rifle.
- Plasma rifle always crit
- Plasma rifle weak
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Q-35 matter modulator||40||96||2.4||x2||62||28||1.4||0.2||12||1245||7||3000||428.6||25||2|
|Van Graff plasma rifle||32||44.8||1.4||x2||32||30||1.1||0.2||24(12)||370||8||1300||162.5||0||3|
- Durable Dunn's sacked caravan - Two of the thugs' bodies have plasma rifles.
- Fiends sometimes carry this weapon.
- Hidden Valley bunker - One can be stolen from a room near the command center.
- Horowitz farmstead - One can be found simply lying on the ground southwest at the Griffin Wares sacked caravan.
- Jacobstown - During the quest Unfriendly Persuasion, some of the mercenaries carry this weapon.
- Nipton - One may be found in the town hall, in a gun cabinet in the room with an Average lock, behind the mayor's desk.
- Novac - One can be bought from Cliff Briscoe.
- Powder Gangers in the various farmsteads south of Vegas and near Vault 19 may carry plasma rifles.
- REPCONN headquarters - One can be found on the northeastern side of the building, behind a couple of Average locked doors, and in a small room with a lot of microfusion cells and three ammunition boxes.
- Silver Rush - Purchased from Gloria Van Graff.
- Several Van Graff thugs have plasma rifles if one chooses to exterminate them.
- The Fort - One can be found in the underground bunker, leaning up against the wall by the ammunition boxes.
- Yangtze Memorial - A plasma rifle sometimes spawns in one of the graves nearby the memorial.
- Dead Bright followers scattered across the wasteland can sometimes be found with them.
- Greasy Johnny occasionally carries one.
- Y-17 trauma override harnesses. Can be found on
- A slight humming sound can be heard when it is equipped.
- It has a slower rate of fire and is less durable than its counterpart in the Capital Wasteland.
- An unmodified plasma rifle's bolts travel at 7500 units per second, which is about 117 yards (~107 meters) per second or 240 mph (386 km/h). This is much slower than typical bullet muzzle velocities.
- It is described by Simon to be "as slow as a mule but with a kick to match."
- Cover of Future Weapons Today.
- Research Note - Plasma Rifle, Fort Independence terminal entries.