Paladin Gunny was involved in Elder Lyons' original expedition to the Capital Wasteland. He is in charge of training initiates and turning them into hard-nosed Knights and Paladins. He is unhappy with Elder Lyons's method of taking on volunteers from the wasteland, but still performs his duty to the best of his abilities.
Interactions with the player character
- If permission is granted by Elder Lyons, Gunny can train the Lone Wanderer to properly use and wear power armor. However, Gunny does not like it as he clearly states, "Yeah, I can train you. But don't ask me to like it. My initiates sweat blood, and you just get a free pass?"
- He has a low opinion of the Enclave and their tactics, and will readily voice these opinions if inquired about them.
- "I am charged with the duty of turning these maggots into Brothers of Steel. With the threat of the Enclave, they're likely going to be pressed into service before they've taken the oath. So, I've got a lot of work to do."
- "The weapon isn't the problem, Initiate. You just shoot like my goddamn grandmother. Actually, strike that, my Mrs. Gunny was a deadeye."
- "Damn Initiates..."
- "Killing unarmed civilians... Makes me sick. Come over here, try fighting someone who shoots back. Fucking cowards."
Paladin Gunny appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
"Gunny" is a play on the common nickname for the United States Marine Corps personnel holding the rank of Gunnery Sergeant.
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Playstation 3 Sometimes, when talking to him, the subtitles will say, "Nothing to report here," but he will say, "We've got this area locked down." This can also happen to the unnamed Brotherhood of Steel members. This bug appears only if Broken Steel is installed. [已验证]
- Has platform::PC Paladin Gunny will cease to move and become frozen in place in the courtyard of the Citadel during the Broken Steel questline. He will remain this way for the life of the game. This can also occur after being asked for power armor training.