|關於an overview of sniper rifle models in the Fallout series of games，參見狙击步枪。|
這把半自動武器配備了瞄準鏡，是一把絕佳的遠距離武器，威力和射程都大大超過了普通的狩獵步槍，不過has a very rare ammunition type and is a very fragile gun.
在剛開始得到狙擊步槍的時候，舉槍瞄準的晃動相當厲害，這是因為「小型槍械」的屬性不夠高，蹲下來進入潛行狀態可以減輕晃動的幅度，但不能完全消除它。只有在小型槍械的屬性堆滿之後（100點），使用狙擊步槍瞄準才完全不會搖晃。不過，如果手臂被打殘了的話，那麼不管小槍的點數堆到了多少都會晃得相當厲害。 即使沒有Bloody Mess，狙擊步槍在命中的時候也還是能造成駭人聽聞的殺傷效果，通常是一槍爆頭（真正意義上的打爆），或者一槍斷肢（有時候還會把肢體打碎）。
使用狙擊步槍殺敵的正確策略是保證自己能夠順利地潛行，並且have good knowledge of the area you are in.找到一個敵人難以到達或需要繞很長的路才能到達的射擊位置（通常是一處高地）。
The sniper rifle can fire a total of about 83 rounds, the equivalent of 17 reloads, from full condition before breaking. Heavy use of this weapon will require merchant repairs due to the relative scarcity of spares.
- Victory rifle - While identical in strength to the sniper rifle, the Victory rifle has an additional 200 item HP, and knocks down targets with critical hits. However, it pays for this ability with a reduced critical chance of 3.
- Reservist's rifle - Also identical to the sniper rifle in strength, the Reservist's rifle uses less AP to fire, but only holds 3 rounds in a magazine. It also fires slightly faster, and has slightly less recoil when using the scope.
- Sim version Operation: Anchorage glitches for details. - A sniper rifle with very high durability which can be obtained through a glitch with the Operation: Anchorage add-on. See
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- You can find 2 sniper rifles on bodies of raiders in the deathclaw sanctuary.
- In the Bethesda Ruins, there is a raider with a sniper rifle west of the Offices West building very close to the spawn point. Every 72 in-game hours the raiders respawn. There is also a raider on the catwalk between the Offices East and Offices West buildings who carries a sniper rifle and has some ammunition nearby. He doesn't respawn.
- On the bridge/overpass exactly north of Vault 101, south of Big Town, on the fourth or fifth raider from the beginning of the bridge. This raider also respawns every 72 hours.
- The hollowed-out rock south of Megaton is easy to reach very early in the game.
- Behind Arlington Library, in Talon Company outpost; respawns with merc.
- If you accept the quest You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head from Mister Crowley in the Underworld he will supply you with one.
- Arkansas defends the town of Minefield with one.
- Allistair Tenpenny of Tenpenny Tower uses one.
- Knight Captain Dusk of the Brotherhood of Steel has one.
- The second floor of a ruined house near Hubris Comics along with some ammunition and a skill book. (When facing the park in front of Hubris, it is the last building to the right.)
- In the elevated shack to the south of Warrington Trainyard, along with some .308 ammunition.
- In Mama Dolce's you can find one on a Chinese remnant soldier on the balconies overlooking the shipping yard. Another one is carried by a Chinese remnant sergeant.
- Wheaton Armory has two sniper rifles in the missile silo behind a very hard-locked door.
- The random encounter character, Sam Warrick, carries one.
- A Talon Company merc in the Capitol building, in the upper floors of the Hall of Columns, uses one.
- underground lab, there is a smuggler carrying a sniper rifle and frag grenades on a small island south of where the Lone Wanderer climbs the ladder out of the lab. This smuggler respawns every 73 in-game hours. After exiting the
- Olney Underground, behind a large pipe in the basement with the deathclaws, with ammunition. Inside the Old
- Anchorage Reclamation simulation, one can be found overlooking a ridge. It can also be used as part of a gear package. During the
- In the entrance of Fort Bannister, south of the Jalbert Brothers Waste Disposal. It is lying on a table at the southeast high bunker. Be aware that there are several heavily-armed Talon Company mercs in the area.
- On the elevated platform just south of the Wastelander campsite.
- Outside V.A.T.S., with 100 Small Guns, the weapon can shoot as far as the game will draw non-player characters (playing at high resolutions will greatly improve non-player character visibility). However, the point of impact is higher than where the center of the scope is aimed. After the fire button is pressed, the scope aim will very rapidly jump up and shift slightly to the right almost at the same time the shot is actually fired. See the images below to determine how to compensate for this. [已验证]
Sometimes after fast traveling, only the lower sections of the rifle and the first lens of the scope will be visible. The top half and the rest of the scope will be invisible. [已验证]
- To fix this, un-equip then re-equip the weapon.
The first two images above, taken from the southwest guard platform at Fort Bannister, will be a 1-shot kill. The color of the first shot has been inverted to improve clarity. The third picture shows how much aim compensation is needed for a head shot at very long ranges. It can be noted that the point of impact is always at the same length up along the vertical crosshair line above the center of the scope and slightly to the right.