| ||本文介紹的是the Powders Gangers faction. 關於the Powder Ganger character，參見Powder Ganger。|
|“||Never gets old when something blows up.||”|
NCR勞改所 is the dominant location of the central Mojave Wasteland. In the distant past, it was the Jean Conservancy, a low-security all-female prison. 在NCR的勢力範圍下被用來安排囚犯勞動。他們每天給NCR清理鐵路，使得埋骨之第和新維加斯能有一條可供使用的通道。但是NCR前線戰事吃緊，本來就不多的守衛有不少都被掉離去巡邏克羅拉多河沿岸，囚犯們在監獄骨幹分子的帶領下發起了暴亂。
Because the rail crews often used explosives (typically dynamite) to blast through rock or get rid of train cars that were locked/fixed on the line, the prisoners inevitably acquired small amounts that they hid in their cells. When they made their break, they blasted their way out. The interior of the prison was clearly the scene of a large riot where the prisoners used explosives, improvised weapons, and stolen NCR trooper equipment to break through multiple walls and scatter through the desert. A lot of the prisoners weren』t in on the escape plan formally; they just got caught up in the moment. Consequently, a lot of them didn』t really know where to go when the dust settled. 暴亂成功後，一部分人跑到了19號避難所，還有一部分逃犯逃到了普瑞姆，其餘人以NCRCF為大本營橫行在廢土。
There are several groups of loosely organized Powder Gangers, many remain in the prison and have been raiding surrounding areas under the leadership of Eddie. There are factions of Powder Gangers spread far along the south-west part of the Mojave Wasteland, as far down as Nipton.
The smaller groups of Powder Gangers are all lead by a strong or cunning underboss, like Joe Cobb. A large contingent of Powder Gangers can be found in Vault 19 under the leadership of Samuel Cooke, although there they are identified as escaped convicts.
Relations with the outside编辑
Due to their hostility, the Powder Gangers have little to no friendly relations with outside groups. They are hated by both the NCR, whom they were former prisoners of, and Caesar's Legion, for harassing their raiding parties west of the Colorado River. The Brotherhood of Steel also seems to dislike them due to interfering with patrols near and in Hidden Valley.
Neutral relations are not completely unheard of, as seen in Nipton, although they are very rare. The willingness of Samuel Cooke's group in Vault 19 to join the Great Khans suggests at least some respect is held for the Khans, though no formal relations exist between the two groups without intervention from the Courier.
The favored and most common weapons among the Powder Gangers are explosives, primarily the powder charges and dynamite which they acquired during their time in prison and escape. However, they also have a large arsenal of guns; some stolen, others looted from dead NCRCF guards. Their guns tend to be weak; they carry single shotguns, 9mm pistols, varmint rifles, and .357 Magnum revolvers.
Interactions with the player character编辑
- Run Goodsprings Run: Side with Joe Cobb against the town of Goodsprings and help kill Ringo.
- Eddie's Emissary: Earn the trust of the Powder Gangers in the NCRCF.
- I Fought the Law: Run errands for Eddie in the NCRCF.
- Why Can't We Be Friends?: Help Samuel Cooke or Philip Lem with a few tasks in Vault 19.
- Booted: Free the enslaved Powder Gangers from the Legion camp.
Effects of player's actions编辑
- Completing Ghost Town Gunfight will earn negative reputation with the Powder Gangers.
- If you have negative reputation with the Powder Gangers, groups of one to three of them will occasionally ambush you south of Primm and west of The Prospector's Den.
- "Problem is, it turns out that giving convicts a bunch of dynamite and blasting powder isn't the best idea."Trudy
- "I have a present for you from the Powder Gangers. I hope you like dynamite."
- "You eyeballing me?"
- "You'll pay for what you did to the Powder Gangers!"
- "Never gets old when something blows up."
- "Any lawman that comes after me won't have it easy."
- "Damn. Running low on smokes again."
- Though Powder Gangers almost all have Evil karma, the larger Powder Ganger faction is not marked as Evil. Notably, this means that stealing items owned by the Powder Ganger faction will incur negative karma.
- There are several looted caravans along the Long 15 with Powder Gangers hovering around the area. One in particular, a Crimson Caravan Company's caravan slightly northeast of Jean Sky Diving, has a rather sinister scene with a couple of dead caravan guards, the female of which is stripped of her outfit (unlike the male guard, who is still wearing his leather armor). This was the caravan that Ringo was with until it was ambushed, leading to him fleeing to Goodsprings.
- If you happen to have Arcade Gannon when near some Powder Gangers, they will mention that they bought and sold people like him, possibly indicating they dabble in slavery.
- The aforementioned female caravan guard ties in with an NPC that was cut from the game. Originally a wasteland adventurer would be standing in front of the sign adjacent to Jean Sky Diving as you approach the intersection with Long 15. You could barter with him and a piece of leather armor would always be present for sale, which implied that he had looted the armor from the caravan guard's body. Most of the assets, including voice acting is included in the game's files.
- Originally the Powder Gangers along the Long 15 were immediately hostile to the Courier if the latter was not disguised as a Powder Ganger themselves. This was later changed in a patch, with the raiding camps only being hostile if the Courier has obtained negative reputation with the Powder Gangers.