|“||I dunno. I think there's something to it, yeah, but there's just not enough evidence.||”|
After being dipped in FEV vats, absorbing some other people and being connected to the LA Vault computer, the Master gained some psychic powers the extent of which is unknown. He was able to attack humans mentally, although his attacks could be repelled with proper training. 教主能以某種方式讓被FEV感染的人類獲得這些精神能力(usually the pineal gland, but also the Amygdalae or Medulla)，但是大部分這種實驗通常因為實驗體精神錯亂而失敗了，或是被用在使實驗體產生突變方面。在教主家中有四個靈能者：
- Hakunin, the Arroyo shaman, apparently also possessed some telepathic abilities, as he was able to speak to Chosen One in his dreams (The Chosen One was able to receive it and record it with his PIP Boy).
- Melchior, miner from Redding, was able to summon dangerous animals (deathclaws, fire geckos, mole rats), when he became mutated by FEV in Mariposa Military Base.
- Professor Calvert - one of the residents of Point Lookout, he achieved psionic powers after an experimental procedure. When his brain was extracted from his body (in the same fashion as for robobrain models) and put into a jar, he gained an ability to communicate with people all around the region by entering their minds. To a person, it appeared like a mysterious voice in their head.
- Bloomseer Poplar - is one of the members of the Treeminders and can predict your future, she describes the settings of some of the major quests you can do like The Superhuman Gambit, "I see a battle between insects and industry, and the men who control them...".
Fallout: New Vegas编辑
- The Forecaster is a child who can see into the future, but can't control his powers. He needs his "medicine" to keep him from over-thinking, thus helping control his headaches. For 100 caps, though, he will forgo his medication and look into the future for the player.
- Nightkins inside Black Rock cave seem to have some paranormal knowledge of events and characters, if you've completed the quest Crazy, Crazy, Crazy by repairing Rhonda they will tell the "voices" said things that will happen in the main storyline, as well as special comments about the companions, EG: If you bring Craig Boone as a companion, they will comment "silent man knows more about the spiked crowns than what he says" referring that Boone knows more about Great Khans than what he says (the Bitter Springs Incident).
- For Fallout fan-fiction purposes, you are welcome to make use of the psykers and their potential from Fallout 1, but I'd be careful - the psykers in Fallout 1 show some pretty over-the-top mutations that could take the world to Childhood's End faster than you can say "uh, his eyes are glowing?"
Behind the scenes编辑
the term Psyker is often attributed to the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop games that likely coined it.