|“||Patrol the whole length of the Colorado for hundreds of miles?守住大坝！这里将会是我们的埋骨之地！||”|
他在遊騎兵部隊已經服役超過四十年，取得過數不清的榮譽，在遊騎兵們之間擁有無與倫比的影響力。儘管由於年事已高，不再參加第一線的戰鬥，他依然留在部隊里發揮餘熱，用其他方式幫助遊騎兵們。鑒於他的巨大影響力，NCR的總統也需要聽取他的意見，將更多的遊俠從Baja地區調來莫哈維。His contributions and influence are seen spread across the Mojave, and those that are wise know not to attract his attention in the wrong way.
Interactions with the player character编辑
Return to Sender: It is discovered that Hanlon is falsifying field reports. Once discovered, the Courier can either let Hanlon continue with his plan, turn him in to the NCR authorities, or convince him that falsifying the reports is pointless and Caesar is dead (in the event of Caesar's death) or dying (by discovering his illness during the completion of Render Unto Caesar or receiving some information about it from Silus during Silus Treatment).
Hanlon is typically found on the balcony of the House Resort within Camp Golf, and will not discuss quest matters except for when he is outside on the House Resort balcony. He mans the radio on the balcony from 8AM to 7PM.
- If the Courier turns Hanlon in, he will give a brief speech over the intercom before proceeding to commit suicide. A Ranger will exclaim "That shot came from the chief's office," and will run in, guarding the body. Hanlon's Ranger Sequoia will be on the ground next to him, but must be stolen.
- The speech is as follows:
|“||Rangers, this is the Chief. I know I can ramble on sometimes, but I need you to listen close for the next minute or so. I got some bad news. I messed up, made a mistake. I thought I could help us get out of here, but it didn't work out. Rangers get injured all the time, it's part of the job. But if you lose a few fingers, get a bad break, that's it. You step down. We rely on each other too much to let our infirmities become a liability. A ranger knows when it's time. Only I didn't. Somewhere along the way, something broke inside me. I couldn't find us a way out of this desert. I wrestled with it, and it took me down a dark road. I wish I could explain it to you. The old chief's finally at a loss for words. Send me all the Legion you can; I'll be waiting for them.||”|
Behind the scenes编辑
- J.E. Sawyer wrote Hanlon.
- Hanlon is a ranger and is voiced by Kris Kristofferson, who himself served in the United States Army as a helicopter pilot, and attended the Army's Ranger School.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Hanlon sometimes glitches and stops talking during his speech. The quest should go on as normal and he will shoot himself 20–30 seconds after he stops talking. This will happen even if you have your Pip-Boy up or if you've paused the game completely, and when you resume, the rangers will react accordingly. (You can still hear his speech in full by going to Data → Misc and playing the audio.)表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- pc ps3 xbox360 Even if the player convinces the chief to stop falsifying the reports, they will still get ending 2 (siding with the NCR) or ending 4 (siding with Mr. House or Yes Man) instead of endings 8 or 11, respectively. 表达式错误：未预料的<操作符