|本文介紹的是the Poseidon Energy company. 關於the location in Fallout 4，參見Poseidon Energy (location)。|
Poseidon Energy was a pre-War energy company that operated a number of oil rigs, factories, refineries, gas stations, and power plants. It was not a single, monolithic company, but was rather a cartel of various Poseidon-owned corporations controlling various aspects of the global energy market; the PoseidoNet data transfer system provided instantaneous communication between various Poseidon facilities including the Poseidon Oil Reactor № 5, the Enclave Oil Rig, and other locations throughout the United States.
海神能源是一家伞形公司，其业务范围几乎涵盖了美国东海岸和西海岸所有已知形式的可再生和不可再生能源，以及在保持盈利下通过其子公司研发新的、更强大的武器。它最显著的特点之一是一体化的海神网络，这是一个国家級通信传输系统，提供各种海神公司设施之间的即时通信，包括Atomic Powerplant № 5、Control Station Enclave、Navarro、HELIOS One、阿帕拉契的发电厂，以及美国和世界各地的其他地方。
Poseidon Energy dipped its arms into every energy source imaginable that, with help, could be weaponized or developed further. Poseidon Gasoline served as the face of gasoline, providing automobiles that still used the substance with it in Northern California. Poseidon Oil 专注于开采和提炼世界上仅存的一小部分石油储备。 海神能源公司雖然也注于开采和提炼石油，但其同时也专注参与了许多项目替代能源，从太阳能到新发现的能源。They also had a branch in Mexico. The conglomerate was also not above buying out companies that delved into energy production, especially those founded by former employees of Poseidon.
在掌控整個能源市场中，海神能源公司与原子采矿服务公司等其他公司进行了合作，并公开反对劳工组织。当海神能源的工人在Associated Miner's Union的支持下，在海神能源電厂WV-06组织了一次罢工时，公司支持其现场安全主管布伦特·奥尔森羞辱罢工者和工会的计划。他們叫來了国民警卫队，用幻露生公司生产的防暴瓦斯向抗议者施放毒气。What the corporation hoped would be a violent riot that could be leveraged to further damage organized labor turned into bedlam,结果毒气把和平抗议者逼成了一支横冲直撞的大军，他们越过边界，让士兵们暴露在毒气之下，并最终夺取了核电站的控制权。The Great War ended any further manipulations of the sort.
Though much of the pre-War United States knew of Poseidon, few were aware that several Poseidon-owned companies were given lucrative defense contracts by the U.S. government – or rather, by Enclave members working as lobbyists to gain those contracts. However, most of Poseidon's most promising research projects never reached their final stages.
After the Great War, Poseidon no longer existed as a real force in the post-atomic world. However, technology scavengers like the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave still tried in vain to decipher Poseidon's plans and either confiscate this technology or turn them into working models, respectively.
The corporation operated a number of subsidiaries, which focused on different aspects of the global energy market:
- Petró-Chico was "Un amigo de Poseidon Energy," a Mexico-based oil refinement and distribution company.
- Poseidon Oil focused on petroleum extraction and processing, although it also invested in other energy resources, including nuclear power.
- Poseidon Gasoline was Poseidon's division focusing on distributing gasoline and operating gas stations.
- Poseidon Power Management System - An integrated power plant management package used extensively in Appalachia to operate its principal nuclear power plants.
- U-235 outboard motor - A fusion powered boat motor for civilian use.
- Archimedes I, a base defense system, operated from HELIOS One
- Archimedes II, a mobile orbital laser strike system, operated by Euclid's C-Finder
- PHOENIX, sub-dermal thermal armor implants
- SEMELE, an advanced plasma rifle
Behind the scenes
- Poseidon was the Greek god of the sea as well as horses and earthquakes. His weapon and symbol is the trident. Poseidon's projects often used codenames drawn from Greek mythology.
- The company's slogan, "Begin your Odyssey with us," is a reference to Homer's epic poem, the Odyssey. The tale follows Odysseus' journey home from Troy after being cursed by the god Poseidon.
- Poseidon Energy as a parent company was planned to be introduced in Van Buren, Black Isle's canceled Fallout 3. In Fallout and Fallout 2, the company only appeared as Poseidon Gasoline and Poseidon Oil respectively, though it was similarly interested in all forms of energy. The idea of Poseidon Energy as a sinister megacorporation, comparable to Ghost in the Shell's Poseidon Industrial, persisted through Van Buren's cancellation in 2003. Joshua Sawyer introduced it as one of notable pre-War organizations in his Fallout RPG project in 2004, alongside a logo. It finally appeared in Fallout: New Vegas in 2010, a game developed under Sawyer's leadership, along with a modified version of the 2004 logo, with close ties to the Enclave and the pre-War government - including the development of orbital-based superweapons.
- Van Buren would have also introduced other elements of Poseidon Energy:
- Additional subsidiaries, like Agricola, dedicated to uranium extraction and found at the Grand Canyon, and Prometheus Coal, focused on coal extraction and featured at Burham Springs.
- Numerous technologies: AGRICOLA (a waste-disposal robot), APOLLO (a laser pistol), ARES (a plasma spear), ARGOS (a robot used by Odysseus), ARTEMIS (a 15mm rail gun), ATHENA advanced power armor, CRB-S canine-shaped robots used by Denver City police department, HERAKLES power fist, HERMES advanced combat armor, ODYSSEUS artificial intelligence in charge of Tibbets Prison, TRIDENT fusion generators used to power vaults and other small, isolated settlements, and the solar cannon crowd control device, sister project to the Tesla cannon.
- Danse: " "
(Danse's dialogue) Note: location comment; Poseidon Energy, generator room - the part past the raider defenses.
- PoseidoNet in Fallout 2 identifies the Oil Rig as "Control Station ENCLAVE" along with several other Enclave sites, suggesting a link between Poseidon Energy and the Enclave.
- Navarro gas station
- see Poseidon Oil for details.
- Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06
- Hidden Valley bunker terminals; Terminal, Journal Entry 745
- Reid Underwood's terminal details the MPLX Novasurge, the prototype of the unnamed plasma pistol that was almost exclusive to the Enclave military forces
- Hidden Valley bunker terminals#Journal Entry 745
- Thunder Mountain power plant terminal entries#Thunder Mountain Master Control Terminal
- Callville Bay sign