“Now... we have a vertibird on standby, fully armed and ready to depart. Use it to carry our message to Fort Strong and wipe those dirty mutants from the face of the earth. Dismissed.”— Arthur Maxson
- Has platform::PC It is possible that the player character may be unable to board the quest designated Vertibird. Interacting with it causes nothing to happen in such cases. Travelling to Fort Strong by foot will update the quest. Entering the Prydwen and coming out again may fix this. Performing a full save (not a quick save) and then loading the save can also correct the issue. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Entering the Prydwen, typing pcb in the console and going back outside can fix the problem.
- Has platform::PC Sometimes the Vertibird is not in its bay, and the quest marker points to the other Vertibird (which takes you to the airport). The quest Vertibird can be found landed on the beach below the Prydwen and can be boarded there.[已核实]
- Has platform::PC Companions, particularly Paladin Danse, may fail to board the Vertibird if the player enters first. To remedy this, it is advisable to order the companion to board the Vertibird first.[已核实]
- Has platform::PC After getting the quest and talking with Elder Maxson, the marked Vertibird to take the player character to Fort Strong does not appear. If one quits and reloads, it will appear but won't allow the Sole Survivor to enter. One may need to take the Vertibird on the opposite side down to the ground underneath and then back up to the flight deck to hopefully be able to use the marked Vertibird. Saving and reloading does not resolve the issue. [verification overdue]
- This can be resolved on the PC using the console: open the console, click on the Vertibird and type activate player. Loading a save from before exiting the Prydwen can fix this issue on PS4.
- Alternatively, go on foot to take Fort Strong and complete the quest.
- Has platform::Playstation 4 If going by foot and one has a companion, the companion will remain on the airship flight deck and one can no longer talk to them. Swapping out companions will always result in the new companion leaving (wherever they are) and appearing back on the airship flight deck. Quitting and reloading does not work. [verification overdue]
- To resolve, summon a Vertibird using a grenade obtained from Maxson and enter. After landing, the companion should be with the Sole Survivor again. Waiting in the command deck sometimes fixes the issue.
- Another bug happens when the player character has cleared out the Fort Strong armory. The next objective is to speak to Paladin Danse. When the player character engages Paladin Danse, he immediately attacks and he will take no damage. If the player character fast travels to the Prydwen, the BOS will also attack the player character instantly.[verification overdue]Template:Pn
- Has platform::PC Trying to shoot while on the Vertibird doesn't work. The bug actually occurs a bit earlier (not able to display/shoot with weapon) by recruiting Paladin Danse as the partner. Using the text dialogue to go alone usually fixes this bug.[verification overdue]
- Has platform::PC After clearing the first section of the armory, both V.A.N.S. and the quest marker tell the player to go outside. Exiting Fort Strong armory and returning to turn the quest in will not work. One must enter the elevator car in the east corridor to proceed to the larger testing area to finish clearing mutants. One will then be notified with a quest update and Paladin Danse will show up (if not a companion) as the Sole Survivor exits this area to comment on the results.[verification overdue]
- Has platform::PC Sometimes the Vertibird will not show up, and the quest marker will tell the player to take the Vertibird to Boston Airport. Saving and reloading may fix this.[verification overdue]
- Has platform::PC If the player asks Paladin Danse to accompany the Survivor for this mission then chooses the previous companion instead, once securing Fort Strong, Paladin Danse may spawn on the lower level of Fort Strong as though he were with the player character all along.[verification overdue]
- Has platform::Playstation 4 Sometimes when entering Fort Strong the elevator will be bugged. The elevator will descend upon entering but the doors will not open, trapping the player character inside indefinitely. Solution: Restart console and load a save aboard the Prydwen.[verification overdue]
- Has platform::Xbox One Sometimes, Paladin Danse will turn hostile after being asked to secure Fort Strong armory and the mini nukes. Solution: Find a bed (Eg. the Sanctuary) and sleep for several hours (10-24). [verification overdue]
- Has platform::Xbox One Sometimes, Elder Maxson refuses to talk to the Sole Survivor while the quest demands to talk to him. Standing for around 3 hours in-game in front of him seems to fix this. [verification overdue]